Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Reaver Mercenary Company (*Eyes Only*) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Reaver Mercenary Company (*Eyes Only*) (/showthread.php?tid=100416)

To: The Reaver Mercenary Company (*Eyes Only*) - Agmen of Eladesor - 06-16-2013

---Incoming Transmission---
---Max DeVirgo, Guildmaster---
---Dabadoru Station, Omicron Delta---

I'll be brief and entirely too blunt for normal purposes.

I despise mercenaries because you work strictly for credits, without some other motive behind what you do besides collecting the almighty monetary reward. I know, coming from the Bounty Hunters Guild, that must seem like the pot calling the kettle black.

But needs must, and supping with the devil you know is at least palatable if there is a job that must be done and one is simply incapable of doing it.

So ... I'm proposing something to your folks.

I know you covet some of our possessions in the firepower department. We of the Guild may be greedy bastards, but we're at least honest greedy bastards. That means it's no secret that one of the reasons we fight against the Order is that we're researching Nomad weaponry and utilizing that research to improve our weapons. Unlike those Order imbeciles who can't see what's good for everyone right in front of their faces, we're willing to do something about it.

The Order has been pressing us hard out here in the Omicrons, and we're able to deal with them and their assorted allies quite nicely out here. But the problem is simple - some of our research facilities in undisclosed locations as well as our public production facilities are being pestered by these sanctimonious piles of fecal matter. And we're stretched too thin where those places are to be able to deal with them.

Anyway - and I feel dirty doing this, so you'll probably feel good about that - I'm offering you a job. It helps assuage my conscience not in the least to consider the irony here. The Bounty Hunters Guild Core is offering a bounty to the Reaver Mercenary Company. Targets: Any and all Order ships operating everywhere EXCEPT the Omicrons. Payment can be weaponry, money, ships - let's discuss that, shall we?

---End Transmission---

RE: To: The Reaver Mercenary Company (*Eyes Only*) - Silver - 06-16-2013

[Image: CommsLink-silver021.png]

DeVirgo..
No rest for the dead, people say.

*Yawns and turns around in the bed*

Greed. The most basic of flaws in humans. Always their undoin'.
And while you may claim the moral high-ground, love..
You're still a human, with greed beckonin' you to get more power.

*She begins to stretch her arms to shake off the sleep*

But that's beside the point.
Was wonderin' when you would call.
And i'm glad you're already puttin' somethin' on the table.

I will too.

First, got someone from yer Guild. Poor sod decided to be brave, and i had to shoot him sideways.
Let me get the surveillance camera for ya.

Opening channel......

[Image: pepecell.png]

Channel closed.

Someguy name Pepe, from your house Guild. You can have him. Didn't knew what do with him.

What i want is..
Ten Mantas, Ten Morays, and a heavy load of yer shooters. Buckies and..

*Sighs in delight*

Reavers.

In return, we'll hunt the Order, outside of the 'Crons, and keep the Core safe.
Thing is..

What 'bout yer happy trigger finger excuses for a hunter that work within' House space?
'Cause as you see from poor ol' Pepe...

I hate bein' interrupted. Killin' people is hard work.
It gets harder with interruptions.

And death hates that.

So, i am bendin' over to the whole..
We won't shoot Core.. But we will shoot the Guild.

After all..
Your employers might get pretty darn suspicious if suddenly we stopped shootin' eachother.

Think 'bout it love.

Kisses
Silver.

*She crawled in the bed and closed the holo-camera*

[Image: commslinkend.png]

RE: To: The Reaver Mercenary Company (*Eyes Only*) - Agmen of Eladesor - 06-16-2013

---Incoming Transmission---
---Max DeVirgo, Guildmaster---
---Dabadoru Station, Omicron Delta---

I'm glad you did things in that order, Silver. My wife might not have approved if you'd taken that camera into bed with you.

I have one other, relatively minor in the scheme of things, that you may not be aware of - I'm also ultimately in charge of the cannon fodder commonly known as house hunters as well.

And I call them cannon fodder for a reason, of course. People who want to collect bounties are a dime a dozen. However, people who are CAPABLE of collecting bounties aren't - and starting out as a house hunter and proving you're capable of staying alive while doing your job tends to make some of the best Core pilots.

So not only will you be working for the Core in dealing with the Order, you'll also be doing us a favor in strengthening our pilot training program.

This amuses me in a dark and despicable sort of way. But hey, I'm a dark and despicable sort of man - at least to those "civilized" people who sit all safe and snuggly in their beds, not knowing the real menace to the continued survival of humanity.

So ... total terms now:

The Reaver Mercenary Company will accept a contract from the Guild Core to hunt Order pilots everywhere except the Omicrons. To accept the contract, the terms required by the Reavers are ten Manta fighters, ten Moray bombers, sixty Buckshot cannons and sixty Reaver cannons. As payment for destruction of Order ships, the Guild Core will pay the following:

Order fighters or bombers: 1 million SC
Order small cap ships (gunboat class): 2 million SC
Order large cap ships (anything bigger than gunboat glass): 5 million SC

Reaver pilots are requested, but not required, to tell the Order pilot that the Core has long arms and will take care of them where ever they are when collecting upon these bounties. A bounty board will be set up by the Guild Core and payments will be made approximately weekly. (OORP - as real life allows me.)

As the Reavers are bountied by various and assorted organizations in house space, they are still considered to be 'fair game' by house hunters. Guild Core ID'd pilots will not interfere with Reavers, nor will Reavers interfere will Guild Core pilots - although if a Guild Core ID'd pilot is attacking an Order pilot and the Reaver pilot provides substantial assistance to the Guild Core, the Reaver pilot will still receive his or her bounty payment.

For public consumption, a press release will be issued that a shipment of fighters, bombers, and weaponry from Alabama to Sheffield was lost due to interference by unknown sources, but presumably pirates. This will give you clearance to utilize these 'missing' ships without solid proof that we actually supplied them to you, in case our regular hunter pilots become curious.

---End Transmission---

RE: To: The Reaver Mercenary Company (*Eyes Only*) - Silver - 06-16-2013

[Image: commslinksilver013.png]

*Rubs her forehead*

And who am i to say 'gainst givin' them House kids some tutorin' on dyin'?
Perfection, all i can say.
Somethin' them suits in the Houses know nothin' about.

Space is death, wrapped in darkness.
And for this deal, love, i will frickin' light it up with explosions everywhere.

So you got yourself a deal.

Drop the cargo and ships in Freeport One. My people will take care of the rest.

Pleasure doin' business,
Silver.

RE: To: The Reaver Mercenary Company (*Eyes Only*) - Silver - 01-05-2014

[Image: m6XULnq.png]

Knock knock. Death is callin'.

*Grins*

Well, love, we need to discuss our arrangement. Namely the tech.
The ships and guns are collectin' dust and are in need of a decent refurbish.

After all, it has been a whole year.

Let's say, dinner and nice words?
I promise i won't bite.

Much.

Silver.

RE: To: The Reaver Mercenary Company (*Eyes Only*) - Eduard - 01-10-2014

***Incoming Transmission***
***Encryption - High***
***Establishing Video Link***
***Video Link Establish Complete***
***Transmitting Live Data***

[Image: aleister.png]

" ... And the Devil opens the door. "

Good evening, madam. My name is Aleister Corke, a name to which you will return to frequently these days, I am sure, as I shall be the one to care and see to the future of this little deal from now on.

The Core is willing to provide you with an adequate installation for you to refurbish and repair your ships. However, I am aware that you and the Guildmaster had an agreement on a... let us say a program where you see to the training of the cannon fodder, is that it?
My compliments for undertaking this labor with such skill but you do understand that this means that the house hunters wouldn't have a happy day when they see their "teacher" dock at their stations, especially since our Guildmaster approve of the training session, don't you now?

Therefore, I have chosen Omicron Delta as a meeting place. From there, a squadron of ours will be sent to pick up you and your ships and guide you towards the... respective station.

And since we're already going to meet in person, I reckon that would be the perfect occasion to settle for some little... talking, if you follow me.

That would be all.
Signed,
Aleister Corke

***Video Link Shutdown***
***Terminating Application***
***Transmission Closed***

RE: To: The Reaver Mercenary Company (*Eyes Only*) - Haste - 01-18-2014

[Image: btqgd5H.png]

Mr Corke,

A new face. Lovely. As Silver has - once again - vanished, you'll get to deal with a new face as well. I'm Color-Code Cerulean. I'm sure we'll be able to exchange pleasantries later, in person.

While Omicron Delta isn't a system I've frequented in the past, I'm sure it'll suit our needs.

Expect us to arrive soon.