Discovery Gaming Community
Why on earth did I get a ban? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Why on earth did I get a ban? (/showthread.php?tid=100593)

Pages: 1 2

Why on earth did I get a ban? - ChAoS666 - 06-20-2013

Got the game going, got the server mod working, join the server, been playing for hours finally get to the planet to buy the ship I loved so much back in the day and boom your account has been banned. no explanation no nothing just account banned . . . was thinking the server was really good and this has ruined the experience for me . . I had two friendlies give me money and I want that account back argh!

RE: Why on earth did I get a ban? - Stolt. - 06-20-2013

Sometimes the server lags a lot and people get banned randomly, happened to me. It doesn't actually mean you actually got banned. Just re-install Discovery. If you still can't access the server, then check the sanctions forum.

Have a nice day

EDIT: Here is the thread where you can get yourself unbanned, assuming you haven't gotten sanctioned for breaking the rules: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=91864

RE: Why on earth did I get a ban? - ChAoS666 - 06-20-2013

(06-20-2013, 06:06 PM)Stolt. Wrote: Sometimes the server lags a lot and people get banned randomly, happened to me. It doesn't actually mean you actually got banned. Just re-install Discovery. If you still can't access the server, then check the sanctions forum.

Have a nice day

EDIT: Here is the thread where you can get yourself unbanned, assuming you haven't gotten sanctioned for breaking the rules: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=91864

Awesome ill try first then the other thanks for the quick reply I have to have an early night noooooo

RE: Why on earth did I get a ban? - ChAoS666 - 06-20-2013

(06-20-2013, 06:18 PM)ChAoS666 Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 06:06 PM)Stolt. Wrote: Sometimes the server lags a lot and people get banned randomly, happened to me. It doesn't actually mean you actually got banned. Just re-install Discovery. If you still can't access the server, then check the sanctions forum.

Have a nice day

Awesome ill try first then the other thanks for the quick reply I have to have an early night noooooo

Ok the re installation didnt seem to work. ..

RE: Why on earth did I get a ban? - Di'taraAlpha - 06-20-2013

Kk, I've been autobanned before (due to Freelancer explorer modding and messing with the ingame copy), and it's easy to solve.

PM admins, multiple of them at once. Name the character names of all the banned characters and they should unban your accounts for you.

Trust me, I know exactly what your going thru, it's not fun and happens to most people at one time. It's not permanent if you ask people.

But seriously use the linked thread, if you post there then u will be unbanned in a few days, trust Smile

RE: Why on earth did I get a ban? - aerelm - 06-21-2013

(06-20-2013, 07:00 PM)DitaraAlpha Wrote: PM admins, multiple of them at once.

Splendid suggestion, seeing as that'd do nothing but annoy them.

Post in the related thread with required information and your account will get unbanned.

RE: Why on earth did I get a ban? - Thargoid - 09-09-2013

(06-21-2013, 02:40 AM)aerelm Wrote:

Post in the related thread with required information and your account will get unbanned.

True, but shouldn't they be extra kind to newer players?

If one player stays, it may not just bring one player overall, he could stay for a month, tell 5 of his mates, then they all join up, and the cycle continues.

If he's banned for days he might just get sick of waiting and go play something else, then the 5 of his mates that might have been playing Freelancer would be playing Eve or whatever.

Just a thought...

RE: Why on earth did I get a ban? - Evo - 09-10-2013

Grave-diggers gon' gravedig (dance)

RE: Why on earth did I get a ban? - Siren Stone - 09-13-2013

It's thoughts like that that drive admins insane. Just because your a new player means nothing. this is a community based MMO and not like many others, there are only a hand full of admins with jobs and school and lives and are not payed to do such things and only do their administrating out of their will to have a fun place to play. This is not a multi million dollar business ran by a big name gaming company like Blizzard or Bungi. and even if it was, then you would still not get special treatment simply because you were new, you would have to work your way up like every one else and still have to deal with stuff like what happened to the thread creator because this mod was made by people with not a lot of money and not a lot of time.

the software for this game is buggy at times given that the dev's do not have access to the core files and only what is freely available. other than that, I am sorry for your banning and hope it gets resolved soon. and if you really want to play then use the time while your banned to work on forums or character stuff.

This may seem big of me to say given that this account only been around for a month or 2 yet I've been around the game on my other account for way longer and have dealt with the same amount of issues, though the same things, and yet through all of it Iv'e found this place to be fun if not slightly annoying at times. Just give it a little time and every thing will work out.

I hope you have fun playing here and that your issue is fixed soon. other than that, I hope to see you in the black and possibly get to know you characters.

Safe flying.

RE: Why on earth did I get a ban? - djoser1970 - 10-15-2013

(06-21-2013, 02:40 AM)aerelm Wrote: