Discovery Gaming Community
So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! (/showthread.php?tid=100665)

Pages: 1 2 3

So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Zen_Mechanics - 06-22-2013

## Trolls that are excluded from this thread :

Treewyrm

Hello vegetables.
I think that the time has come to sit down and lay it for you so that when you get those bribes you gonna realize there are some rules you must follow.
Now, I don't feel bad about doing this any longer because I have been in so many situations that it is almost impossible to explain every little detail on "how or what can I say or do".

Quick Introduction

Their love for freedom and individual occupations as well as the wide spread areas they were living in never allowed the foundation of a common military organization. They preferred to spend their income for further scientific advance, conforming with their curious nature, personal luxuries and new ways of colonizing and perhaps exploiting the Edge Worlds, and most people of Sirius appreciated the Freeports as bastions of freedom where commodities could be traded and information gathered freely and unmolested by House authorities. The first Zoner bases did not even have local security personnel, so most Zoners learned quickly to balance opinions, and to abstain from political interference in order to diffuse conflicts at the initial source of the problem. This neutral attitude and indifferent behavior towards almost everyone founded their reputation as good diplomats. The first noticeable common effort of Zoners to sustain their neutral position is their neutral role in the epic conflict between the Corsairs and the Outcasts.

"Yeah dush.. what are we supposed to learn from this ?"

Aye, good question. First, you are not a warmonger, but you are not a civilian either, you are somehwere in the middle pulling strings to benefit your own narrow prejudices, Get used to it. Second, never admit your attitude towards factions in public, zoners are not allied with anyone but themselves, The so called " Zoner - The Order alliance " is a myth, it doesn't exist, its a rumor, Same goes with everyone else in Sirius. If you disagree, the cannibals from crete will hunt you, or better yet the benefit scroungers "Bounty hunters". Capiche?

I find zoners to be the most dynamic faction in Discovery, There is no limit of what you can achieve if you just follow
common-sense and adjust your rp.

For instance, If your character is based upon early events, events that have shaped your attitude on elements such as factions, way of conduct, decision makings and etc, then you are only bound to follow the set of rules that you yourself created. Even though Zoners love freedom and peace, this does not mean that you are to be friendly with everyone, no matter what they do.
Zoners work in mysterious ways, in the shadows, they rarely attack people instead they get other vegtables to do the work for them. Ofcourse if the situation forces you to act on your own, you are allowed to do so, so long as
you dont break the zoner restrictions :

Quote:Pilot carrying this ID is a Zoner who:

Can attack lawful and unlawful targets in self-defense, to protect another trader, or in defense of Zoner bases.
Cannot dock cruisers, battleships, or transports with more than 3,600 cargo within House Space, except Aomori Station, the Battleship Hood and Zoner bases.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, Cruisers, Battleships

This leads me to one of the most important questions that I get asked by people.. " On what grounds can I attack another person? "

Even though the ID overrides Server rules, RP overrides both ( in a fair way obviously ) And when I say RP I don't mean a five minute RP of " I don't like you, pew pew *facepalm*. Admins consider RP before moving on with the restrictions, though the RP must be well based, well said, and 100% crystal-clear justified. Consider the ID restrictions as "guidelines" but follow them to the book. Good example is to think about the United-States, remains neutral to the mid-east, but if diplomacy fails, and if pushed, you know they will cap your arse ( but sadly no oil for the poor sods ) /BushEra

"You can't mix the real-life and disco!"

Yes I can't, but it shows you the process of how things go, the decision makings and the consequences

What else.. Right! "May zoners attack other zoners?"

Simple, NO. This is a part where not even RP can help you out, unless the other party has done every possible error including : violating server/id rules, attacking you, attacking zoner bases both POB and NPC and attacked you or your group atleast a few times. There is no perfect anwser for these situations, but bottom line is, 90% of the times YOU WILL BE PUNISHED.

If you spot a zoner, popping out from a base, and then shoots another base ( as happend in the last few days ), File a report.

Side note : Just because people break the rules doesn't mean you need to break them as well.

I will update the page with more info but thats it for now.
If you folks have any ideas, things that should be added, drop me a p.m.

Edit : Post if you wish, but keep it in the context, I want feedback and Ideas, not postcounter contest.

RE: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Omicron - 06-22-2013

Annual Zoner Zoner Zoner, it is normal here.

Order-Zoners exists but it takes a serious "diplomatic effort" to turn Order against a Zoner.

RE: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Treewyrm - 06-22-2013

(06-22-2013, 11:45 AM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: It isn't, I care less about the ZA I care more about the well being of the community, and Ive asked not to post here, respect that.
Oh the community is doing just fine, Tel, after all it's been there for quite some time, so in your place I'd worry more about your own escapades... and I'd worry about sudden shortage of popcorn on this side of the screen.

RE: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Zen_Mechanics - 06-22-2013

Why do you post such things, I requested stuff for the subject, not as my character's activites. And you want to be taken seriously? out please.

RE: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Haste - 06-22-2013

So, Zoners are a group of people that spend, and have spent, most of their income on research, but they're also much like the United States in how they.. are a military superpower?

Just making sure I'm getting this right.

RE: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Anaximander - 06-22-2013

I'm with Tel; he made some mistakes and whatnot, but at least he is trying.

What he gets is everyone trying to bully him and his group; people making lolwutty Zoner ships to shoot them and so on; all the while maintaining that ZA deserve it due to some random arse quote someone pulled out of the hat.

Sure, ZA made some mistakes and might not fit the Zoner bill, but people should really be ashamed of the treatment they've been giving ZA.

If this place is going down the dumps in terms of RP, it is less the fault of people like them ZA than it is the fault of those self-righteous folks that put themselves higher than the Zoner ID and what lore there is on the topic to execute their own personal brand of justice, while getting padded on the head by other more experienced players who do their best to ridicule ZA and its players.

Really, the treatment ZA has gotten has been appalling.

P.S. In-rp I think its fine that Corsairs and Order shoot ZA; I would do so too, but the way people just jump on the bandwagon and try to mock the ZA players, making Core or Zoner characters just to grief and so on, is just too low, even for Disco. I don't know if it is because the influx of new players consists of very young players or what, but the Disco mob mentality seems stronger than ever.

RE: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Di'taraAlpha - 06-22-2013

Quote:And when I say RP I don't mean a five minute RP of " I don't like you, pew pew *facepalm*.

We're lucky if we even get that sometimes...

I've listed a sequence of events listed from observations of events I've witnessed within the last 24 hours.

1) [AI]Di'taraAlpha|5 sees an Alliance whilst sieging the Kappa defence station with the platforms locked off. Tries to enter InRp.

2) [AI]Di'taraAlpha|5 magically loses his shield.

3) ZA (won't mention names) disintegrates as every ZA-hostile party in the system stops the Rp messages they were about to write midsentence, deletes them, then starts chain firing as a response to the engagement.

4) ZA (unnamed) relogs as a different unofficial faction in an attempt to stir up animosity between various groups.

5) ZA traders untag in an attempt to resupply their station(s) without observation.

6) ZA create none-ZA chars and shoot the platforms to renew them under the premise that they are legitimately pewing the station. This is ok, but what is not ok is when the aforementioned members pick factions which have no Rp presence in the conflict: (I.E. Colonial Republic ID).

7) ZA then forgets the Rp reasoning for this conflict.

8) Certain ZA start making youtube videos of alleged ID violations.

9) Anti-ZA factions are forced to call in admins to moderate their sieges and make sure everyone sticks to the book.

10) Certain ZA detag, then claim (ahem) to "help ZA" and to have "nothing to do" with ZA, with the same Rp character, at the same time as doing steps 8, 6, 5 and 4.

This isn't a troll post since I actually admire ZA's pluck and I respect you Tell despite recent events. I just feel that this post isn't actually for informing people how to be a Zoner, and is rather a piece of self-catharsis attempting to legitimise recent actions/get a bit more of the Omicron community on your side Oorp-wise.

I mean, you've made some pretty good points in here generally which should apply to everyone, indeed, do according to the operation of the Discovery community and general mod. But the fact you've written it makes me think you're aware that there is a problem.

As regards to sticking to Rp and no "5 min Rp", every comn channel regarding groups ZA feels wronged by is largely dismissive. If you want proof here's some of the things an atypical Zoner wrote over the last 48 hours:

Quote:A.I. (Not-Logical Machines just want to take over the universe)
The Scum called the Order + All of their scum friends/Allies (No real justification hence the word scum)
Solar Runners (want to be noticed)
Nomads + their allies in the Outcasts

I'd say that falls into the 5min Rp bracket pretty snugly.

I realise not all of this could be termed "feedback" in the most puristic of senses, so here's some directly relevant to the content of the above post to do with "can Zoners attack other Zoners"?:

Quote:Simple, NO. This is a part where not even RP can help you out, unless the other party has done every possible error including : violating server/id rules, attacking you, attacking zoner bases both POB and NPC and attacked you or your group atleast a few times. There is no perfect anwser for these situations, but bottom line is, 90% of the times YOU WILL BE PUNISHED.

Point blank Tell, if you think Solar has done wrong then go to the Admins about it and they will have final veto on it. However, I happened to be present the first time Solar and ZA had an aggressive confrontation (with you guys), and I can tell you that the Rp was sound, orderly, lasting around 45 mins.

However...

If you think Zoners shouldn't shoot Zoners then perhaps it might not be a good idea to declare war on Phoenix (albeit old news) occasionally, or be the senders of most of the aggressive roleplay In game.

Quote: they rarely attack people instead they get other vegtables to do the work for them

Well as far as I can see conventional Zoners generally stick to this. However there has been a spate of Zoner Aggressors recently which might be mild exceptions to this rule. Remember about in game Rp and ID restrictions?

Quote: If you spot a zoner, popping out from a base, and then shoots another base ( as happend in the last few days ), File a report.

I believe you mean Pheonix (who own Liveada) shooting the defence bases right?

What about untagged ZA Zoner transports supplying ZA besieged bases with Gammu water which is (according to that sweet, overwriting ingame Rp you agree with me on), highly irradiated, then sending forum accusatives when they are inexorably destroyed after breaking the rules of two factions?

Quote:
violating server/id rules

Direct snub at Phoenix, AI and Solar here. It's true our ID's don't let us fire the first shot, so we don't unless some faction rule or overwriting in game consequence is obviously violated. Firstly, we can shoot base suppliers to hostile bases after all the stoppage Rp we inevitably go through. Secondly, we can fire at anyone who fires upon us. Don't use that as a sanction catalyst.

Quote:never allowed the foundation of a common military organization

Damn right.

Quote: abstain from political interference in order to diffuse conflicts at the initial source of the problem

Correct.

Quote:exploiting the Edge Worlds

In many, many ways...

Quote:you dont break the zoner restrictions :

Good stuff. However I believe you may find the Terrorist ID more your flavour.

Some of this could go in the ZA feedback thread after looking back at it. I'll leave it to the Admins to move it or not (if you think It'd serve better there).

RE: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Treewyrm - 06-22-2013

@Anaximander: Never been a participant of that show, direct or indirect, in-game or forum-wise. I just watch it from afar. And just so there is a strong impression some people are continuously keep stepping on exact same rakes over and over again. One time it's sad and mistakes can happen, second time it's a little baffling, raising eyebrows around, but third time it's a comedy, but then comedy runs out eventually and it's clinical.

RE: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Hawk - 06-22-2013

I think this thread was on shaky ground from the start, but we'll allow it for now. However, consider yourselves warned. If anyone decides to go off the path of what is acceptable here know that you won't get another warning.

RE: So you want to be a Zoner.. RAWR! - Mercarryn - 06-22-2013

Now, don't know what the rest of the guys thinks, but aren't we actually discussing the same things - more or less- like it is / was in this thread? Whch is still active btw?
Therefore I suggest to merge both threads and perhaps merge both opening posts as well so their initinal content does not get lost.