Discovery Gaming Community
I'm in San Francisco but what should I see and do? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: I'm in San Francisco but what should I see and do? (/showthread.php?tid=100693)

I'm in San Francisco but what should I see and do? - Salvation - 06-23-2013

Hey Guys,

I'm currently staying in San Francisco very close to Silicon Valley of Cisco.
I know there are many different things I could do here.

But I want the word from locals or those who have visited the state of California them selves and give me their feedback and suggestions.
As we are mostly technology addicts and dare I say Geeks.
I want a list of top list of places to see and do.

I'm here for work and gonna be here for the next 3 months so going to conventions and all the rest would be cool.
I can't figure out how to arrange a Google, Yahoo, Amazon guided tours.
It seems I need to know someone on the inside. lol

Let me know what you fellas suggest both in San Francisco and places close by.

Awaiting your feedback. Big Grin

RE: I'm in San Francisco but what should I see and do? - Switchback - 06-24-2013

Fisherman's wharf, the USS-Hornet... The Tech museum was really geared towards younger people in my opinion, but alas.

RE: I'm in San Francisco but what should I see and do? - Ursus - 06-24-2013

You should spend most of your time taking tours of SF city, there is a lot to see there, a lot of great bars and restaurants. Go to fisherman's wharf, china town, all that stuff. Most places south of SF are very sleepy and boring. The tech museum in San Jose is kinda dull but might as well do it if you are down that way. Rent a car, drive around looking at headquarters like Apple and Google, drive over to Oakland and Berkley, hang out with the communists and blank panthers. Go north to Sausalito, and check out the Bay Model Visitor Center, scale model of the SF bay area, very interesting if you are into that kind of thing. Mostly drinking in SF though.

RE: I'm in San Francisco but what should I see and do? - Dead Reckoning - 06-24-2013

Used to live there. Find The Yellow Submarine over by Golden Gate Park for an awesome sandwich.

Srs. I still dream of that pastrami.

RE: I'm in San Francisco but what should I see and do? - Reid - 06-24-2013

I made a list of everything to do in large cities a few years back, I feel it comes in handy.

RE: I'm in San Francisco but what should I see and do? - Divine - 06-24-2013

Might want to check out Golden Gate, but watch the Dark Matter Monolith, it's unforgiving. Down that road there's a few snipers and more Dark Matter in general, but there's lots of opportunities to get any good parts for an upgrade from various Scrappers around.
Stay away from underground, Nim lives there, he's the feisty type of guy.

Always a good method to kill your time is killing Hellbugs.