Discovery Gaming Community
RP Idea.. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: RP Idea.. (/showthread.php?tid=100784)

Pages: 1 2 3

RP Idea.. - Zen_Mechanics - 06-24-2013

Well, as you know theta has 2 planets in it, one that which can be terraformed ( Vespus ) So wouldn't it be great if I gather some Planetform members ( and given their history inrp.. they need this "job" and start the project?
It does raise another point.. the corsairs.. they are not fans of the new brits.. but with the right mindset i think it is possible to have their "umbrella" on this project. Like.. Gran Canaria in 0-49. What do you guys think?

RE: RP Idea.. - Anaximander - 06-24-2013

Who would fund the terraforming and what would the objective be?

It seems like an immense task, not something you would do just for the sake of it.

Also Theta is part of the Corsair Empire, it's bad enough that there are two gross Zoner stations there already.

RE: RP Idea.. - Di'taraAlpha - 06-24-2013

It'd take a heck of a lot of Rp, but possible. Currently however Tel there's already loads of Zoner Bases in the Sirius sector, if we had anymore then Zoner's would completely lose their inherent remoteness, which is probably not a good thing.

However it's worth a shot. I'd wait until Omicron 74 has simmered down though (or completely exploded) and everyone's thinking straight, so this could be done cohesively.

RE: RP Idea.. - belarusich - 06-24-2013

This planet is full of deadly bacteries and such... So, this is bad idea

RE: RP Idea.. - Rodnas - 06-24-2013

Well if the Sairs had the connection to planetform they would have tried to get that stuff done...the problem is that terraforming is not doable in a day or two, if i remember it takes several decades and is no fool-proof task either.

Also, the sairs will never ever ever allow anyone to "steal" planets in "their" territory, Gran canaria is corsair protectorate and has lots of corsair inhabitants, it is a bit of a different story...as the Zoners were there first, before it became a protectorate and a safe haven for war-tired corsairs...so the sairs would have had to invade the thing to lay claim on it.
But a "new" planet in Corsair mainlands and not under corsair rulership...i don't see it happening anytime soon.

RE: RP Idea.. - Cris - 06-24-2013

You could, but said RP would take hundreds of years to complete, literally hundreds. You won't be terraforming a planet in 1 year. If you read about planets being currently terraformed, you will see they all are long term projects, very long term projects. It would be faster to establish domed colonies.

RE: RP Idea.. - Zen_Mechanics - 06-24-2013

Its rp, I might as well let the order in so that somehow in terms of months we can get a nomad sun killer and doing the opposite effect.. nomads are unknown i can pretty much invent anything.. it just takes effort, good thinking and creativity.

Edit : Rod bud.. regarding corsairs, corsairs are not savages they will accept anything that can help them out, just gotta find something that will be worth-while to them. It going to be a challenge, but if no objections.. Im all for challenges.

RE: RP Idea.. - Thyrzul - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 04:09 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: i can pretty much invent anything..

No doubt. But nomads are not really that unknown. You know, there is a 57 page long lore document for them, and there are people taking care of that lore for quite a while. Wisest would be contacting them first before "inventing anything".

Also I find it a bit unwise of you to tell Rodnas what the nature of corsairs is. I think that it's actually him who knows better.

RE: RP Idea.. - Skorak - 06-24-2013

But please tell me first how the hell you believe Planetform ships should be able to deliver all the crap to a distant location like that? Terraforming a Planet doesn't only take a lot of time but also ressources. Expensive ressources even. Ressources and Pirate likes to rob and we are speaking about the Omicrons here...

RE: RP Idea.. - Zen_Mechanics - 06-24-2013

As I was saying, before doing all that sci-fi psycho drama, if you manage to be under the corsairs umbrella, you pretty much good to go, and last time I checked the PF need rp Smile