Discovery Gaming Community
Where are all the NPCs? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Where are all the NPCs? (/showthread.php?tid=100798)

Where are all the NPCs? - Dr.Centura - 06-24-2013

So I'm playing a Nomad char at the moment and just cruising around the Omicrons since there are no missions or much of anything else to do and at first I was astonished at not seeing any NPCs flying around but after a while it just got boring because there is no challenge when you're flying by Juneau in Alaska as a Nomad and there's nobody there who even tries to to stop you.

I know the number of NPCs drops the more players are on the servers but down to none is a bit of overkill, don't you think? Also it doesn't make sense from an RP perspective since if for example Tegakis Base (Heaven's Gate) is unguarded by NPCs then what is stopping the Kusari Navy from blowing the Base to hell?

Just to let you know: placing Weapons Platforms around stations instead of spawning NPCs isn't a solution seeing as they don't even scratch my fighter shield but they themselves go down after about 5 shots from my Nomad Blasters.

To sum up: Please increase the number of NPCs because removing them makes the game boring especially for Borderworlds factions.

Thanks in advance,

Doc Centura

RE: Where are all the NPCs? - Narcotic - 06-24-2013

The more people are online, the less NPCs spawn. At about 120+ players you'll rarely find some. And at below 100 they sometimes spam a lot.

It's all about server stability, because more NPCs means more projectiles being calculated, and which therefore means more lag etc.

However, in .87 there won't be MK1 NPCs anymore, and they'll be getting stronger.

RE: Where are all the NPCs? - Dr.Linston - 06-24-2013

I think making the NPC's stronger is no solution for this problem! Because it wont matter if they are stron if there are none around.

RE: Where are all the NPCs? - Dr.Centura - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 09:01 PM)Narcotic Wrote: The more people are online, the less NPCs spawn. At about 120+ players you'll rarely find some. And at below 100 they sometimes spam a lot.

It's all about server stability, because more NPCs means more projectiles being calculated, and which therefore means more lag etc.

However, in .87 there won't be MK1 NPCs anymore, and they'll be getting stronger.

Ok two questions: 1. What are MK1 NPCs? and 2. When is 4.87 supposed to come out?

RE: Where are all the NPCs? - Narcotic - 06-24-2013

1. As example: the Bloodhound is the MK1 ship of the Hyena. Only masochists and NPCs fly them.

2. Last month.

Any more questions?

RE: Where are all the NPCs? - Dr.Centura - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 09:06 PM)Narcotic Wrote: 1. As example: the Bloodhound is the MK1 ship of the Hyena. Only masochists and NPCs fly them.

2. Last month.

Any more questions?

Yeah. If it came out last month how come the server is still running 4.86 and the download and install button still leads to the 4.86 version? And where can I get 4.87?

RE: Where are all the NPCs? - GTB - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 09:01 PM)Narcotic Wrote: However, in .87 there won't be MK1 NPCs anymore, and they'll be getting stronger.

Make them as strong as they used to be when playing on the Ioncross server years ago, now that would be funny!

OMG, now they did used to pawn you, only time I've been afraid to fight NPC in freelancer. Big Grin

RE: Where are all the NPCs? - Govedo13 - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 10:12 PM)Dr.Centura Wrote: Yeah. If it came out last month how come the server is still running 4.86 and the download and install button still leads to the 4.86 version? And where can I get 4.87?
The NPCs that are gone use it only. You need to chase them back in the server from the NPC bar and when they appear you would find the update exe in your game folder.

RE: Where are all the NPCs? - Narcotic - 06-25-2013

Well, you asked when it is/was supposed to come out.

So... there's no release date actually.