Discovery Gaming Community
Nerdrage's ideas - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Nerdrage's ideas (/showthread.php?tid=10100)

Nerdrage's ideas - NerdRage - 07-05-2008

Instead of making a lot of posts about my ideas, ive condensed them into one thread, ill list them hare and keep this updated as ideas come:

1. cannon, powershot, secondary weapons (for fighters and freighters)
these are several names i give to one idea branching off the inferno

these weapons are put on torpedo or CD slots just like the inferno and are
not fired whaen you press the right mouse button, they get fores like missles, on demand
these weapons can or dont have batteries(or ammo,) depending on the level of weapon
weaker ones can be put on a CD slot while the more powerful ones are on the torpedo slot
some examples:
{=(_)((((O) - for librety,a smaller version of the forward cannon of the cruizer(or whateve ship that was, i forgot) goes on the CD slot, does not use batteries
{==(_)((=(((O) - bigger version of the librety gun, goes on torp slots
__|-|____
(__|_|__|88 - daumann shredder(rhienland) (if confused, look on the news on the shipyard near new berlin)
uses uranium shells, goes on torpedo slots, another weaker version goes on CD slots
___--||-__
{__=(_)=_(O) - civilian sheild buster, uses batteries, goes on both slots
-------| |----/
(-)=(-) |-C(- - order microwave cannon, useless on sheilds, but a real hullbuster, goes on torpedo slots
-------------\
---___| |_____
--/___=||=||=() - kusari gun, shoots golden rings like the ones on kusari main capship turrets, two versions go on different slots, uses batteries for weaker CD slot variant
_ _ _||__
(_=_=__---\=O - bretonian gun, uses batteries, fires single long beam, uses batteries, two different versions go on CD and torp slots
----__
(=/--\==<|(__
(=\__/==<|--(-- - gallian rapier, fires a single sliver beam, like thrusting with a fencing foil

(the following are ideas, can be put to different factions according to popularity)
---||
(---))
|---((O) - supercharged gas cannon, fires small clouds, uses ammo
(---))

-||___
--/-----\
=()0=----- railgun 1, uses metal pellets or slugs, smaller than RG2, goes on CD slot
--\___/

---||
_{--}=====| - railgun 2, uses pellets or slugs, goes on a torp slot
_[--]===== |
||
/\==___
\/==----((O) - an EMP beam that does damage AND disrupts cruize, uses batteries

....and so and so2. For high-traffic areas that are in asteroid feilds but have many capships going through them (omicron beta for example) instead of making tradelane or nothing, make capship paths, that are tunnels theough the feilds with no , somtimes lighted with buoys for capships to pass through safely, people who bother making capships would also be bothered at making them work, so they could go through asteroid feilds

3. i havent thought of a name, but making things like ships... but not really ships
an example is an comet, on a faction that is neutral no matter how much you kill that is on a patrol
path around the sun, or a large alien organism, that is like a small, green nomad that floats around, full of alien organisms if you kill it..this idea might spark other ideas, like robots that float areound stations an d asteroid miners, doing stuff

4.I vote that miner ships should be made more expensive, woth more cargo space , armour and higer level sheild slot, and make miner turrets more powerfull and make them come with miner ships!:
[Image: turretszn1.th.png]

i will ad mor ideas here as they are thought of

Nerdrage's ideas - timmychen - 07-05-2008

..You lost me with the fancy symbols, but for the last one, why does a Miner Ship need more armor, shield (which isn't changable), and weapons? They (usually) don't get attacked while mining, and it takes one shot of -any- weapon to break open an asteroid..

EDIT: Also, is it just me, or did you skip over #2? And I'd say that we don't need new weapons.. the ones fine are enough.

no, where I mine, the pirates are raging, and i think, if the NPC stationary minere get these, why cant we?

Nerdrage's ideas - timmychen - 07-05-2008

NPC Rogue Gunboats get some kind of turret that has an 8.33 refire, and has over 1000 damage - why can't we have those (they top any other capital ship turret usable by players)?

It's because Miners aren't supposed to be machines of war.. they're supposed to, well, mine. If you need protection, hire a mercenary. I appreciate your ideas and all, but they've been discussed before.

then, if they are not machines of war, then why are they equipped with the guns in stationary mode, and im sure the if the outcasts, corsairs and zoners get these weapons, then why cant everybody else?the daumann shredder is already in the news! and the capship paths through the asteroid feilds would be very, very handy

Nerdrage's ideas - Robert.Fitzgerald - 07-05-2008

The Daumann Shredder is actually a Side-arm, produced and famous in Rheinland.

Maybe you should draw the weapons in paint or some other program, and upload them? Might be easier to comprehend than the symbols.

here:
[Image: tehgunsyj8.th.png]

in the same order as above

Nerdrage's ideas - ian - 07-05-2008

alot better to understand with the images now:)thanks!

Nerdrage's ideas - Xing - 07-05-2008

somebody could be a roflcopter master here~