Discovery Gaming Community
Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste (/showthread.php?tid=10176)

Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste - Walker - 07-08-2008

I was curious about Alien Orgs, they have the power to convert elements into Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Carbon Dioxide... Only thing is I was very curious as to what they would feed on.

According to Kurile, the Oceans there have such a high-saline content, which I believe was salt - That its toxic to ANY Aquatic Life in Sirius. However the Alien Organism's thrive off its toxicity, and also exist in the Radiated Nebulae around Kurile and in a few other spots... So Alien Organisms thrive off toxic waste, what else would they eat?
Moreso, what kind of Toxic Waste does Fighters, Freighters, and Caps produce? And what they produce would it seem logical for Xeno Orgs to eat them and convert them to one of the 3?

Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste - Qunitinius~Verginix - 07-08-2008

Have one of the major houses set up a research facility to see if they can create oxygen from Toxic waste! Interesting idea....

Verg

Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste - Boss - 07-08-2008

Erm, "House"?

I don't think Walker's plan is to do that so much as explain a bit more about a certain exiled group.

Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste - Walker - 07-12-2008

Well thanks but I solved my own problem.

Any research teams wanna help the 522nd?

Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste - Fletcher - 07-12-2008

Well there are many types of toxic waste in Sirius I would have thought.
  • Nuclear/MOX waste
  • Radioactive waste (byproducts of industry)
  • Lethal combination or industrial chemicals
  • Nebula particles?
  • Leeds smog clouds
  • Natural gases (carbon monoxide)
I am interested in this topic, but I doubt that Alien Organisms would be able to convert all toxic chemicals into 'safe' products like Oxygen or other gases or microscopic waste.

The Houses are aware of these, and if they do convert toxic material, why hasn't ALG brokered a contract with Samura for their waste disposal methods?

Should Alien Organisms be found to help reduce toxic waste in large ship reactors, I can envision ship builders implementing 'Alien Organism injectors' into wherever they need to go to reduce waste. Face it, it would cut costs and possibly lengthen ship deployment times for a less need to 'dump' its waste.

Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste - Telbasta - 07-12-2008

Once the next mod version is released, I will have an order character piloting either a cruiser or the new order carrier, the story is linked in my sig (though still not finished). Since the 522nd is exiled from liberty and is fighting against it, the order would be a logical ally - I could arrange for my ship to undertake research in this field, as it will primarily be an exploration and scientific vessel that doubles as a strategic military ship for the Order.

Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste - Walker - 07-12-2008

Yes well, I've gotten the theory down for it and everything and it was alot farther from Ship Toxic Waste then I thought.
Meanwhile; Ive heard mixed things about the Order that they are a bit "Anti-social" if its okay in RP then welcome aboard.

Alien Orgs and Toxic Waste - Carme - 07-23-2008

' Wrote:Meanwhile; Ive heard mixed things about the Order that they are a bit "Anti-social" if its okay in RP then welcome aboard.

Wrong... the Order is in no way criminal or Anti-Social.

' Wrote:What? that you weren't told that we were under attack by an Alien Civilization that we don't understand? That's why the Order was formed Trent, to protect us from the Nomads!

Also the Order (as a Whole, and their Leaders) was/were forgiven and given many medals by President Jacobi, because she personally witnessed the Inside operations of the Order when you resqued her from Neimann's planting a Nomad egg in her stomach.