Discovery Gaming Community
To: Admiral Mike Havering, Bretonia Armed Forces - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Admiral Mike Havering, Bretonia Armed Forces (/showthread.php?tid=101831)

To: Admiral Mike Havering, Bretonia Armed Forces - Nicole Hunter - 07-13-2013

...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...
[Image: 1a.png][Image: 15.png]

Good afternoon dear Admiral Havering,

I believe we have not met yet. However, I must confess that I felt irresistible urge to contact you in order to compliment one of your brave soldiers, Ensign Roger Kent. During our short encounter in Leeds, which, I must add, was caused by a perfectly legitimate conflict of interests, he had shown exemplary dedication, flawless manners and immaculate attitude. I attach surveillance record for reference. I personally believe that Ensign Kent is a fine material for a great officer of the Bretonia Armed Forces eager to uphold your highest standards of honour and chivalry.

And since I already contacted you, dear Admiral, I might as well think out loud for a moment. Our sets of internalized social norms are incompatible at best, while our sets of long term goals are mostly opposite. In other words it is unlikely that a tendency to annihilate each other, which persistently accompanies all of our encounters, will ever cease to be, as long as both sides exists, naturally. With that being said, it is, I believe, quite obvious that we prefer to have devastated Bretonia over strengthened Gallia at out doorstep. Having this in mind, we are neither capturing nor interrogating your pilots who were forcibly removed from their ships, as they can still return to fighting Gallic Royal Navy and dying for the Queen after a proper treatment. However, I personally believe that we should not serve this benevolence in Magellan, simply to discourage your further incursions there. I think it is quite understandable that we have grown special sentiment for this icy system. Therefore, I think it would be rational for you to limit number of pilots sent to Magellan, as chances are high that they would be not only intercepted, like in the case of patrol led by Captain Hugh Darrow, but also captured, interrogated and executed. I think it would be wise to use resources spared this way to actually fight the Gallic Royalists. After all, you have an invasion to repel, Admiral and I am counting on you.

Nicole Hunter mimics a salute. Carina, Regina, Imperatrix, dear Admiral.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...receiving.attachment...

Surveillance log: Leeds, Nicole Hunter's Cutlass, 12th July

Nicole Hunter: And we have a brave soldier here.
Ensign Roger Kent: What is a LH doing here?
Nicole Hunter: Good evening.
Ensign Roger Kent: Good evening my lady. Do you care to leave Leeds please?
Nicole Hunter: What a gentleman... Not only he returned the greeting, but also offers a safe passage out.
Ensign Roger Kent: Thats how the Bretonians are miss Nicole.
Nicole Hunter: I am not sure if it applies to everyone. For instance, Bowex pilots tend to be very rough, both in language, and piloting.
Ensign Roger Kent: Please follow me to Maggelan.
Nicole Hunter: I am affraid I will have to decline and the whole encounter will turn into exchange of some bolts.
Ensign Roger Kent: I do not want to harm you but if you insist to do piracy here i'll have to enforce the law.
Nicole Hunter: Let us make a good example of who we are and what we should do then. *laughs*
*explosion*
Nicole Hunter: *opening comm channel in a pod* I am terribly sorry that I had to forcefully remove you from your ship, dear sir.
Ensign Roger Kent: Miss Nicole, don't worry. Bretonian escape pods are the best and I am fine.
Nicole Hunter: It was just that your interest conflict mine.
Ensign Roger Kent: I understand.
Nicole Hunter: Good night.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

RE: To: Admiral Mike Havering, Bretonia Armed Forces - Xelon - 07-15-2013

----widening Broadband---
----Admiralty Board ID----
-----connecting-----
------connection established------

RE: To: Admiral Mike Havering, Bretonia Armed Forces - Thunderer - 07-16-2013

- Incoming Transmission -

-= Medium Encryption =-

Priority: Low
To: Nicole Hunter
Subject: Reply

[Image: 935a.jpg]

George hates rain. He doesn't like planet New London very much for that reason, and because of that sour, chemical stench those rashly constructed factories are making since the shift of industry from planet Leeds. Combined, those two would become even worse, due to certain properties the rain would get. George also doesn't have many pleasant feelings towards factory workers. Well, none, to be correct. "Poor, uneducated, simple thugs who don't deserve much more than having their bones deformed of excessive physical labour". It is pretty much all they mean to him, if we disregard that they were one of the causes of the smog. For that, he hates factories themselves more. He doesn't hate what they are producing, nor he likes it, but he really despises if it gets destroyed. It means that the whole process would have repeated.
George was in charge of visiting and, somehow, encouraging a spaceship factory on New London. It was raining. At least the tea wasn't much worse than what they made on the Thunderer. It was a bit cold, but he didn't really pay attention to that. Many other things were troubling him. There was another thing he hated, and that's being forced to reply piddling messages.
"My warmest salutations, Miss Hunter. I suppose You look splendid today. You did at the time this was sent."
His look frowns and gets a shred of unwillingness.
"I'm sorry for the delay. The state we are currently in is at best difficult, and thus we must work hard, what doesn't leave us enough time to immediately answer every third priority message."
He lifts his eyebrows, but retains the unwillingness.
"Nevertheless, here I am. Again, I am sorry for the delay. We have managed to spare some time now."
George sighs. Thunder can be heard striking, obviously not far, by the noise it made. It illuminates the background for a short moment.
"As first, I have to thank You for Your kind and civilized treatment of Ensign Kent. I agree with Your remarks to a certain point. We shall keep an eye on him. In a different manner, though. Losing more Templars isn't what I want..."
He coughs twice, hollowly, quietly.
"Without doubt.
However, there is something at what I don't agree with You... Or what I don't understand, at least..."
He gets the look of a man who has spent hours watching at his friend filling two large boards calculating him how much effort he needs to digest a chunk of tuna with vegetables. Not the fancy, expensive one.
"Why are You telling us this?

- Message Over -