Discovery Gaming Community
Independent characters... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Independent characters... (/showthread.php?tid=10221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Independent characters... - Dra1003 - 07-10-2008

Ive seen a bunch of people without faction tags that have the factions ID ship and such so.. Is it ok to make a crosair LN lsf Etc char without applying to the faction recruitment thread of those factions thus being independent or is it generaly frowned apon?

Note: i dont plan on doing this... yet i just wanted to know before i did it

Independent characters... - Cawdor - 07-10-2008

actually, that is what the standard of every independent player must be. Though, some factions also require a serious backstory on your character to allow you to fly their gear (like RM). But that of course, should ALSO be a standard for every independent. Edit: and faction player of course.

Quote:Note: i dont plan on doing this...

royal shame.

Independent characters... - n00bl3t - 07-10-2008

Yes. You can do that.

' Wrote:actually, that is what the standard of every independent player must be. Though, some factions also require a serious backstory on your character to allow you to fly their gear (like RM). But that of course, should ALSO be a standard for every independent. Edit: and faction player of course.

royal shame.

ah ok the only real reason i didn't do that was because i didn't know whether i would make people mad at me or not. there were also two other factions i wanted to have characters on but i couldnt think of a good background story at the time.. anyway thanks for replying

Independent characters... - Raekur - 07-10-2008

biggest problem with independents is that when they do something that is frowned upon they are not identified as independents but by the faction they choose. This permits independents to continue with what they are doing and leaves the factions to deal with the chaos.

' Wrote:biggest problem with independents is that when they do something that is frowned upon they are not identified as independents but by the faction they choose. This permits independents to continue with what they are doing and leaves the factions to deal with the chaos.

trust me.. you will not have that problem with me. ive read about all the faction laws and etc so there wont be any problems

another reason i might do this is so i can RP with more people it can get lonely when none of my fellow faction members are on when im on my KNF character or my rogue.

Independent characters... - MB52 - 07-10-2008

You do your research into the faction and RP it properly without any oorp behavior and you will have no problems. Just don't do anything Major.. like starting a way with someone...heh

Independent characters... - Jazz - 07-10-2008

I actually love my indie Wilde.

***because we are teh roxxor***

Independent characters... - Akumabito - 07-10-2008

' Wrote:biggest problem with independents is that when they do something that is frowned upon they are not identified as independents but by the faction they choose. This permits independents to continue with what they are doing and leaves the factions to deal with the chaos.

That's simply untrue. Factions like to exaggerate in order to justify forcing people under their control or off the server.

Independent characters... - Raekur - 07-10-2008

' Wrote:That's simply untrue. Factions like to exaggerate in order to justify forcing people under their control or off the server.

Wanna Bet.
Most of the complaints against Bounty Hunters are not targetted towards clan operated Hunters but Independents that raid pirate bases. Several times I have heard of people complaining about multiple Bounty Hunter battlecruisers going after Crete or Malta. Last I checked there is only 1 or 2 Bounty Hunter playerfactions (clans) here and I doubt that the other playerfaction (clan) is doing it.

I could really care less at this point in time what Independenty operated BH do as neither clan has the right to say anything to them. But any negative feedback is not directed at the Independents but is in fact aimed directly at the faction in general. Which DOES include any clans that are associated with that faction as well.