Discovery Gaming Community
Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base (/showthread.php?tid=102668)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - DragonScythe - 01-12-2014

Rand walked into the bar slowly, taking in the smell of alcohol amongst the room. Smells like home. He frowned at the thought, and continued on toward an empty table.
Having no knives made him nervous. The guard at the door had taken every single knife he had hidden, which made about nineteen.

"What can I get ya?" the bartender said as he walked by.

Rand jumped at first, then replied with a fake smile. "Whatever is cheapest!"

"Heh. That would be water, my friend."

He took his place at the table and looked around. Most of the people here looked as if they wanted to drown themselves in brandy. One person in particular caught his eye though; a man standing in the far corner, with a glass of vodka in one hand. Rand realized he was quite obviously staring at him, trying to make out his face. When the man lifted his head, he quickly turned to study the glass of water the bartender had placed before him.

"Enjoy."

"Yeah... yeah I suppose."

After he paid the bartender, Rand nearly choked when he realized the shadowy figure was walking toward him.

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - Kazinsal - 01-13-2014

Harold Kane walks over to the bar and sips his glass.

"Welcome to the Razor's Edge," he says with a smile, setting his vodka on the counter. "Can I get a shot of pog in this?" he asks the bartender. "Thanks."

"So what brings you to our fine orbital space station, and detail-specifically, this fine establishment aboard it?"

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - APDAF - 01-13-2014

Matilda walks into the bar nervously.
"You have been in worse places Mattie." She said to herself.
She walks up to the bar looking around.
"Erasamas said that Yoran would be here?"
She makes up to the bar studying for any non-alcoholic drink that wasn't water.
"Ah yes can I have some of that Non-Alcoholic Gin please?"
The Barkeeper gave her a glass of the gin.
"Thank you." She looked for an empty seat in a corner of the bar.
"I do hope David doesn't mind this" She said as she made her way to an empty seat
She sat down and started playing with her Dataslate, she took a sip of the gin her ring chinking on the glass.
"Where is Yoran?"

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - DragonScythe - 01-13-2014

Relief washed over his face when he saw who it was. "Kane! Well I could say the same for you, but that wouldn't make sense, I guess..." He trailed off and ended in a whisper.

Rand drank from the glass of water in his hand, and his face went sour as soon as he swallowed. Ugh! What is this, plastic?

"Well, I'm just waiting for what's left of that rust bucket out there to get repaired," he said, pointing out the window to show a massive transport moored with the station.

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - Kazinsal - 01-13-2014

"Ah, yes. The atmosphere-burned transport," he said, taking a sip of his now-tropical beverage. "It's quite large -- thankfully we have experience in repairing and reconstructing starships without the proper facilities."

He looks down at Rand's glass of water and gently taps the small, barely noticeable packet on the counter next to it. "Purification powder. Might help with the taste a bit. Some of the more pirate-y types around here call it 'wimp dust', but I prefer my water not to have a tang of polycarbonate, don't you agree?

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - APDAF - 01-13-2014

Matilda finished her gin.
"Why is it always gone?"
She gets up to get a refill pocketing her dataslate carefully.
"Another one please.... thanks"
She takes the glass and turns to see Harold Kane.
"Oh my god I never thought I would see him in person"
She moves towards him.
"Mister Kane remember me? I was that pilot that took out that Valor with a Ravens Talon, that was not the only time"
Her ring chinks the glass as she takes a sip.

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - DragonScythe - 01-14-2014

"No no, that isn't the Windward. Trust me, that ship wouldn't be more than a pile of dust by now. That, is just some extremely cheap transport I bought off a trader. It managed to get me and my crew here in one piece, so I figured I'd try to fix it up." Rand noticed the woman talking to Kane, and pushed the packet of purification powder back across the table.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I was just leaving, I guess. Besides, it appears you two have a lot to talk about." He smiled slightly and walked out the door.

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - EviilScotsman - 01-14-2014

A rather short, stocky man enters the bar, his feet dragging, head shaven and flightsuit stained. He reaches for the rather large knife on his belt buckle and places it on the guards table and continues onwards, making his way to the bar. He looks up at the bartender, eyes sunken and face scarred, speaking with an odd accent and mumbling most of his words.

"Whisky any kind, two bottles, mate."

Paddy Hughs hands his card to the bartender and smiles slightly, picking up the two bottles, placing one into his back pocket, he turns around, noticing Matilda he mutters to himself.

"Yokan, cannae' even send a message wae' out askin' nicely."

Walking up to Matilda, he taps her on the shoulder softly, extending a crumpled note outwards to her then with his job done, wanders off into a lone corner booth, placing both bottles down on the table. He starts to drink one whilst spinning the other idly on the table, lost in his own thoughts.

The note reads,"Matilda, I am busy at work but shall be with you as soon as I finish, Yoran."

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - APDAF - 01-14-2014

"I'm wasting my... AH!" Matilda jumped when a hand tapped her shoulder/
She took the note.
"Okay then I shall wait for him then"
She took the nearest seat.
"I do hope he comes soon"

RE: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base - Lythrilux - 01-14-2014

Clank, the boot hit the floor.
The figure walked into the bar. He wore a black trench coat, buttoned up. He moved forward with his legs, equipped with grey cargo pants and black boots. His attire was generally smart, save for his orange tinted goggles which hung loosely on his neck, making him seem rugged, yet, respectable.
"Hold it, weapon check" The guard asked the figure
"Is that necessary? I'm a Junker, I wouldn't hurt a soul..." He replied.
The guard held out his hand, not listening to the Junker's pleas.
"Fine" The Junker said. He withdrew a jagged knife and two pistols from his coat, and gave them to the guard. "I expect them back, especially the knife. It means a lot to me".
The guard nodded and with that, the Junker entered the bar.