Discovery Gaming Community
To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta (/showthread.php?tid=102688)

Pages: 1 2

To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta - SMI-Great.Fox - 08-02-2013

[Image: 2a4xs3.jpg]

Good Evening.

I am Operative Agatha within the 141 Task Force. Recently we have noticed your presence within the Omicrons and while we are curious of the reasons behind your current travels here, those issues will be adressed another time.

However to the business at hand.

Recently we have hit a few snags in a small project of ours and our technical knowledge on such has hit a bit of a wall.

At first our engineers were stumped on how to proceed further, but when we spotted several Hacker vessels in the area, who better to assist in Data procurement than some of the best in the business?

Can you help us?

Agatha

[Image: End.png]

RE: To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta - JonahC - 08-03-2013

...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Hacker.Orlov.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: OrlovFormal.png]

Good day Miss Agatha

I personally am not opposed to helping the Order. We have undertaken common endeavors in the past. However, I would need to know that procuring information for you would be in my best interests as well as that of our organization as a whole. In other words, I need more details before I can agree to help you.

I look forward to hearing from you.
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

RE: To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta - SMI-Great.Fox - 08-04-2013

Alias "Orlov"

Thank you for your quick response into this matter. It is appreciated.

We are currently involved in a massive project aboard the "Liberty Lost" She is a Libertonian Assault Carrier in which we have been able to repressurize and rebuild into a mobile combat base after the Fall of Toledo. However we are still experiencing multiple database errors, lockouts, and our abilities to get her back up to full combat levels have all but failed.

Which is where you come in.

If possible, we require a full layout of the Liberty Assault Carrier's engine and power core schematics. Alongside that possible help in breaking through the vessel's firewalls that are keeping us locked out of its main database. Hopefully in such we can finally break through that wall that is holding us back from completely finishing our goal.

There is however a second problem that may give your associates a challenge.

But for now I'll ask this question.

Ever hacked into an LSF Database before?

Agatha

RE: To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta - JonahC - 08-05-2013

...uploading.data...

Greetings Miss Agatha

Rest assured there is not a database in Liberty that can keep us out. Any information on the fleet designs can be had rather easily. The question I keep asking myself is, how does this help me? I have an idea in mind, that could make this transaction beneficial for both of our organizations. It really wouldnt require much on your end. You would need to do fleet maneuvers in Alaska and get picked up by Liberty scanners. Liberty would then muster their forces to prevent any incursions by you. You do not need to engage the Liberty Navy, merely distract them for a bit. We would use this distraction to conduct an....educational seminar in Manhattan orbit.

Think on it, and let me know.

RE: To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta - SMI-Great.Fox - 08-06-2013

Alias "Orlov"

Give me twenty-fours hours.

I'll see what we can muster.

Agatha

To: Agatha, Order Task Force 141 - Nicole Hunter - 08-09-2013

...CAPTRAHA.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: The-Lane-Hackers-Captcha.png]

To: Agatha, Order Task Force 141 - Nicole Hunter - 08-09-2013

...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 15.png]

Dear Ms Agatha,

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience of additional safety protocols, however, for obvious reasons we simply cannot allow this channel to be compromised by any hostile elements. Mr Orlov has told me about your proposal. Let me give you some specifics to avoid any misunderstandings.

As for schematics, I believe Mr Orlov has already mentioned that it shouldn't be much of a problem. Liberty Assault Carrier is a sight as common in New York as a corrupted politician in the main chamber of the Manhattan's Senate. While only Juneau has the capability to assemble ship of this size, each and every other shipyard in Liberty has been prepared to accept and repair carriers, therefore, as such it must hold appropriate schematics in its database. I don't need to tell you that infiltration of Norfolk is a trivial task in comparison to, let's say, Juneau, especially when we consider that it allows civilian traffic. However, I believe that acquiring schematics is not really necessary in this case. First of all, each and every single ship of such class is different. Numerous revisions, modernizations and repairs change internal layout significantly over time. However, thanks to modular engineering any skilled repair team should be able to overcome such difficulties as long as given sufficient amount of spare parts. Therefore, alternatively, our smuggling wing can organize for you several transports of engine components and ship hull panels, should you really need them.

As for unlocking your captured carrier's databases it is much more complicated task. Even though Little Squeaky Fiends' intelligence match an average lobotomised monkey, they still know how to use multiply salted hashing in order to render typical brute force attacks impractical at best. However, I would be offended if you had thought even for a second that such a mentally limited creature as an LSF agent can successfully secure anything from a Lane Hacker. For starters, instead of brute force attack, a cunning use of non-linear adaptive programming on a known encoded piece of data, for instance a local star chart, can be used to reverse engineer whole encryption algorithm. If you require our assistance in this matter, we can dispatch a gunship with appropriate hardware and software to your location at any time.

However, I have impression that you also had something more complex in mind. Am I right?

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...

RE: To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta - SMI-Great.Fox - 08-09-2013

Professor Hunter.

No inconvienience for the extra safety. But such will always be appreciated. Your understanding of the situation is correct as well. However the difference between Juneau and Norfolk to our target is distance and the amount of time it would take for any reinforcements to get there. While repairing the Liberty Lost is for us a priority, what we found however, could become tricky if not taken care of.

For now we have a small team prepared to do some havok in Alaska for, as Mr. Orlov stated, your 'Education Program" near manhattan. After such is completed, we can get to the nitty gritty of stolen Liberty Navy supplies for repairs. But when it comes to the schematics, even in the Order's history we have been known to utilize and steal Libertonian weaponry. Might as well have ourselves a Carrier schematic incase Overwatch wants to build a new ship. No?

Complex as it may be, in truth such can't be any more simple. However when it comes to any further details I'll need clearance from the 141 Top man, Enrico Davids, to say anymore on such a subject.

Agatha

RE: To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta - JonahC - 08-10-2013

...uploading.data...

Good morning Miss Agatha

You want schematics, I have schematics. I have decided to share them with you in advance of your diversion. After all, they are only part of what you need from us. The more technical aspects of our agreement will be carried out after your diversion allows us to accomplish our aims.

I took the liberty of doing a comparison schematic between your own Osiris vessel and the Liberty Assault Carrier. I thought it might be helpful to your engineers.

[Image: LibCarrierampOsirisWF_zpsd652ae12.png]

Now, lets get down to arranging a date and time for your little game with the Liberty Navy, shall we?

RE: To the Lane Hackers // Encryption Level: Delta - SMI-Great.Fox - 08-10-2013

Alias "Orlov"

Quite impressive I will admit.

I can tell you our diversion force is fully prepped and waiting for final confirmation.

I'll promote access to this conversation to our Commander Erinco Davids to give you all the final details.

Agatha