Discovery Gaming Community
Need some help and informations! ID's and big cargo ships. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Need some help and informations! ID's and big cargo ships. (/showthread.php?tid=103268)

Pages: 1 2

Need some help and informations! ID's and big cargo ships. - Matiu23 - 08-13-2013

Hi, I back to our server 2 or 3 days ago. I don't played 2 years but remember that to have big cargo ship I needed company. It's still this same like then ? For example I want buy in future "Bison" C5 Liberty Transport, with him can't wear Freelancer ID, that mean I should take another ID ? I'm confuse with it.

I back to game to play some in this great game, but the most for relax after work, explore some worlds and trading goods in all systems of galaxy. If I good remember 2 years ago it was problem with this because I needed company to big ships, and company can't trade everywhere.

I know about Rules... But maybe now is different ? I just want explore all systems and trade goods hehe Smile

Sorry for my bad English, I've never had a gift for foreign languages.

Upps. I think i played more than 2 years ago. I joined here in 2007 hihih ^^ Ehh time, time, time running too fast!
Thanks for answear.
Sokar_The_Explorer_PL ^^

RE: Need some help and informations! - Bootsiuv - 08-13-2013

Yes, you need a faction id for a transport bigger than 3600 cargo iirc.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a "corporation" though. Different id's have different cargo restrictions.

RE: Need some help and informations! - Matiu23 - 08-13-2013

Hmm, this is my problem "Different id's have different cargo restrictions". I don't want restrictions (of course I don't mean illegal etc.) heh. DO you know location of planet where I can see all Id's what are in game ? To check this restrictions ? I exploring now, but don't want make mistakes when build my route for future cargo ships.

RE: Need some help and informations! - Error - 08-13-2013

(08-13-2013, 04:33 PM)Matiu23 Wrote: Hmm, this is my problem "Different id's have different cargo restrictions". I don't want restrictions (of course I don't mean illegal etc.) heh. DO you know location of planet where I can see all Id's what are in game ? To check this restrictions ? I exploring now, but don't want make mistakes when build my route for future cargo ships.
Have a look at the Discovery Wiki. That's got information about all the IDs in the game, including sale locations. You can find a link to the ID list in the sidebar.

RE: Need some help and informations! - Matiu23 - 08-13-2013

Now I feel stupid hehe, many times I looked at the wiki for ships. And now here to ask where to find the ID in the game Smile My mistakeWink

I checked wiki. Neutral ID sound great for me ( if I good understand can fly everywhere, can have the bigest cargo ship ( don't have limit of cargo space) and can land on all stations) but.... give only by admin ;(

RE: Need some help and informations! ID's and big cargo ships. - Vrabcek - 08-13-2013

(08-13-2013, 04:46 PM)Matiu23 Wrote: I checked wiki. Neutral ID sound great for me ( if I good understand can fly everywhere, can have the bigest cargo ship ( don't have limit of cargo space) and can land on all stations) but.... give only by admin ;(

The angels are using Neutral ID.
Forget about using it for trading.

RE: Need some help and informations! ID's and big cargo ships. - Bootsiuv - 08-13-2013

There really is no id that can fly a large transport and land anywhere in Sirius.

If there was, everyone would use it to trade.

I would suggest finding a corporate id or an id with no cargo restrictions and sticking within that factions zone of influence. It isn't exactly what your looking for, but it's the closest you'll likely get within the rules.

RE: Need some help and informations! ID's and big cargo ships. - Matiu23 - 08-13-2013

(08-13-2013, 05:07 PM)Vrabcek Wrote: The angels are using Neutral ID.
Forget about using it for trading.

That mean nothing change with this on server since my last game here Sad

(08-13-2013, 05:20 PM)Bootsiuv Wrote: There really is no id that can fly a large transport and land anywhere in Sirius.

If there was, everyone would use it to trade.

I would suggest finding a corporate id or an id with no cargo restrictions and sticking within that factions zone of influence. It isn't exactly what your looking for, but it's the closest you'll likely get within the rules.

This is same problem like I had this couple years ago. This same choose: or great (look) cargo ship with corporate id and restrictions ( I hate restricion becouse making this same route all time is borring and we know the greatest routes are long route for example top right of map to left bottom, I like fly everywhere and don't check all time factions zone of influence) or choose small ship ( only 2-3 ships with max 3.600 cargo looks for me good) and have freedom.

Yes you have right that if ppl can get ID like Neutral can fly everywhere, but we are economist, we love proffits and freedom ^^

If is any Corporation what have zone of influence called "Sirius" and no cargo restrictions ! Call me hahaha Big Grin

RE: Need some help and informations! ID's and big cargo ships. - Bootsiuv - 08-13-2013

Alas, these are the choices we must make.

There has to be pros and cons for everything to maintain some sort of balance, otherwise everyone would just use the strongest thing npnp.

If you really want freedom, choose fl id and go with a maximum of 3600 cargo ship. BWTs are sexy. Big Grin

RE: Need some help and informations! ID's and big cargo ships. - Govedo13 - 08-13-2013

IND and OSI have that.However you must join them in order to fly it also they got some restrictions and some enemies.
There is logic behind the ID balance- you cannot have everything. The Neutral ID is meant for out of play help function/faction called the Angels.