Discovery Gaming Community
Teamwork - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Teamwork (/showthread.php?tid=103968)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Teamwork - Altejago - 08-27-2013

One thing I have noticed of late is the amount of undermining I see going on with in the Admin team currently, both via Widow and other Admins deserving of respect, to actions being undertaken by some of our newer and lesser experienced Admin recruits.

A particular sanction that got my attention and sparked the Mark of Alte was some idiot posted completely inappropriate material and had a page deleted. This idiot wanted it restored and so the experienced Admin tells him 'No', so then he runs off to another Admin already too eager to fulfil his Admin duties with little (or in this case, no) discussion.

There is also the case of a certain group of wankers who we all love to hate, upon which some 'lovable' characters aren't banned, while others who for personal reasons to greifed Admins, are banned and they will do their best to ensure they stay banned. This is part in parcel to why an uncannily popular Admin made his leave because some of these new Admins are making these decisions solely on their own.

Now, I am all for taking the initiative and it is about time things started moving on again. However, I do believe the fundamental core values of the Admin team are being forgotten by some of the older staff to train or reinforce these Admin responsibilities in the appropriate way.

I find it bloody annoying when kids go to the other parent and get the answer they want. I find far more annoying when idiots go to new admins to get what they want because let's face it: Admins lose 'friendships' quickly when they become a person of influence. When people start wanting stuff done by their Admin 'friend' they hound them, sweet talk them, even threaten them or ultimately throw a tantrum because the Admin in question is either busy, not able to do it or simply is tired out from running favours for everyone.

One point of my rant here is that for us to have confidence in our Admin team, they need to actually work 'together' instead of off against each other.

Another point to my rant is to express my concern about the lack of co-operation between the Admin team and some of the frustrations that arise from it.

My question to you folks is:

Quote:Do you prefer Admins who do what they want with no consulting other team members and risk stuffing up or worse yet, assisting the ones who cause trouble (Or on the flip side, manage to deal with the little things with out hassle);

or

Quote:You would rather the Admin team continue their strict policy of bureaucratic lunacy that requires at least two other Admins to process anything from a simple banning of a player for questionable material/cheating/intentional greiving and flaming to how many days off Alte's gunna get for swearing in game next time?

Pros of answer 1:

Time reduced for tasks to be completed for most of you retards.
Admin efficiency increased a little bit.
Admins are seen to be doing 'something'

Cons of answer 1:

Undermining of elder Admins decisions.
Makes the team look like they do not work together.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander (Regarding bans of groups)
Actual Admin input of new policies/rules/punishments is messed up to the wazoo.
New Admins abusing/misusing their position.

Pros of answer 2:

Admin team is a team unit, no lone heroes.
Admin team restores faith in them as a team.
The Admin team has faith in each other.
No conflict of interests would be allowed to be acted on.
The team is all on the same page.
New Admins get the guidance and direction the server needs,
while elder Admins are exactly that: The ones with experience and intuition.

Cons of answer 2:

Time taken for things to get done.
Admins coming to blows over indecisive arguments.
Alte gets banned after X months <---- I think that should be in 'Pros' Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I believe most of you look down upon me for my various rages and swearing episodes, and that's fine. You can go [EXPLETIVES REMOVED].
However I have been on the war path of useless Admins for years now and believe whole heartedly that I am more than experienced enough to see it from both sides of the picket line. Anyone who I actually respect here will know what I am talking about, but what I want to know from the community is:

What are your opinions on they way things are going with this brash change in Administrators?

Discuss the points I provided above, and add your own if you feel I have missed something out.

DISCLAIMER:
Be a [Expletive removed] in here and I'll personally [More expletives removed] Widow and [yet another one gone] smile while doing it.

Oh, and have your posts removed. That's what I meant.

Thank you.

RE: Teamwork - Lythrilux - 08-27-2013

I dunno.
If independency is the new thing, then I like it because Champ and Jansen were out in the server keeping things in check, picking up on what I said which is good.

RE: Teamwork - tothebonezone - 08-28-2013

I love this idea, it's REDACTEDing brilliant.

But no, seriously, it's hard to pick.

We, even the schmucks like me, love to see the Admins doing things of their will, and watching the engines turn.

But also, we like seeing the turbo-schmucks being smacked down, and not crying to another admin to have things fixed for them.

A mix of the two would be fantastic. A singular admin can make a choice about obvious rule-breakings (Like that one guy Alte mentioned), but undoing what has happened would require multiple Admins.

Y'know what I'm saying?

RE: Teamwork - Altejago - 08-28-2013

(08-27-2013, 11:54 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: I dunno.
If independency is the new thing, then I like it because Champ and Jansen were out in the server keeping things in check, picking up on what I said which is good.

Sounds like "I like them because they do what I want"

RE: Teamwork - Hone - 08-28-2013

Hehe.

So are you saying newer admins are not listening to older admins? Couldnt read some of your text but thats the idea I got. I cant say I've seen it myself, but then I dont pay much attention to that sort of thing. Guess its up to the head admins to make sure everyone gets along, hope they do, not sure what normal members could do to change it.

Hehe.

Not about change, Hone.

It's about awareness.

Thanks Saronsen.

RE: Teamwork - Trail - 08-28-2013

Is this even a question? the second option of course. The first option undermines the integrity of the admins and the trust we place in them to make the correct decision.

Thank you, Trail.

RE: Teamwork - Kazinsal - 08-28-2013

A team of staff members in any form that can't work together as a coherent unit at all, or can only work as a perfectly coherent, democratic unit, cannot sustain a community.

However, I'd rather see a largely-cooperating staff than a bunch of cliques in the staff. Old vs. new, etc.

So number two.

RE: Teamwork - Bootsiuv - 08-28-2013

I'm unaware of what this directly relates too, but I'll choose 2.

EDIT:

Nevermind I see now. I'll say that the offending admin may have thought it was fine to do it without seeing the other admins post.

Lack of communication. For the record, I'm entirely confident in all of the new admins.

I do not have your access though (via the better half), so perhaps you know things I don't.