Discovery Gaming Community
The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) (/showthread.php?tid=104046)

Pages: 1 2

The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Doc Holliday - 08-29-2013

Doc was sitting by a camp fire in the shade of the many trees around him. He was cooking the old fashioned way, a recent kill cooking over the fire, cut into chop, on a stick. While he had a small cabin near him, his caballa (horse) was tied to a post nearby, his old Hendry rifle before him within reach. Best of all, only his wife knew of the location but she didn't know he was there now.

The water of the nearby lake was appealing but he would not swim in it today nor did he need to fish from it with his fresh kill. He was dressed more as a frontiers man than he was a diplomat, his pistols hidden beneath his cloths as they so often were. He awaited the arrival of the resistance leader. What would he be like? What would he expect? Only time would tell.

RE: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Lusitano - 08-29-2013

* Marius is watching Doc for some time! He want to be sure that will not be any surprises, so for that he arrived to the location first than Doc, and using his stealth skills that he learn on his sniper course! He has Doc on his sight, but the finger is away from the trigger! Doc's guns and position are noticed. He decides to await a bit longer! A small brise blows behind Marius!!*

- Damn wind!! * he thinks* Luckly he is more interest on the smell of the fish!!

* The wind changes direction, and Marius decides to approach! He leaves is equipment hidden, and goes to Doc very stealthy with just a small bag on his hand! He don't know what Doc expects, maybe not a tired man that isn't get any younger, that needs a hair cut, and it can be seen that for a long time does not take care of his appearance. Few meters behind Doc, Marius announces his presence.*

- Nice place John! You don't mind that i call you John don't you?! * He sits not far from Doc, he stretches his body and even hear some crackles.* Ooohhh! I getting too old for this!! * He reaches the bag he brought and takes two glasses and a bottle of whiskey, fill then, and gives one to a surprised Doc. Marius has never an protocol expert! Looks to the rifle* Nice piece there John, and also those ones under your cloths! Don't worry! There is not anyone else here besides us! I checked * points to his previous location * So john ... what a man like you wants from a man like me?!! Ohh sorry! I'm Marius! *extends hand to Doc*

RE: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Doc Holliday - 09-03-2013

Doc took a rather large knife from a stump next to him, a bowie knife and cut a piece of meat. He spoke as he cut, "I come out here often to clear my head a bit. Sitting within the trees, the breeze coming off the water, knowing that I'm alone and no one knows I'm here helps the thought process."

He put the meat on a stick and set it in the fire. Then, he took another that was cooked and offered it to Marius, placing it before him. "Wild boar is a delicacy if you can get one. The species here on Canaria grow large and healthy. The fish in the lake do much the same."

He stuck the knife back in the stump and turned to Marius, accepting his hand.
"I'm glad you accepted my offer," he stated, "you know more about me than I you. Obviously by being here, you are one who is part of the resistance."
Doc took his hand and looked into the campfire, "After the Corsair empire decided to pull its last stunt, I saw my home violated. No longer can I be a man of peace when people invade my home." He sighed, "But I am one man. I seek a man who knows the terrain, one who is willing to fight, one who is willing to work with me."
He turned back to Marius, "Are you that man? I think we can be of mutual benefit."

RE: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Lusitano - 09-03-2013

* Marius looks to the plate that Doc is offering, and says*

- With all due respect ... i must decline this offer! * takes a small sharpe knife and starts cutting a big apple * I already saw too many death on my life, and ... it may sound strange to you, hearing this from a man that is has no hesitation in killing a corsair soldier ... but a life is a life! Human or not! And for me any inocent life is to be protected! Human or not! Also *takes a bitte of the apple* long time i don't eat fresh fruit. *he smiles, and continues* You have a nice place here John! I also like you home! I'm sorry last time i was .. there! But was the only way for you to understand what was happening! You see ... my home has Freeport 7! And when it was destroyed ... i lost more than my home! * looks around * It is very pleasant John! * stays silent .. looking around while eating his apple and then he turns to Doc*

- Let me explain what is going on here!! There are a lot of people fighting not because they like ... but because they must! There are a lot of resistance groups around Gran Canaria! Some bigger than others, and some with more success than others! But we all share two things ... one good and other bad! The good one is that every one is willing toi fight, but he bad one ... most don't know how to do it!! John most of this people are farmers! Some never took a weapon in their hands. He can teach then how to use a rifle, but it takes time and a lot of training to make then a soldiers. How luck is that most of the Corsairs soldiers that we face, and no better than conscripts! They have some elite, but most of then are useless that have no skills to be a pilot, or to build something! We also have alot of refugees from the Taus, and most are miners! Miners that know how to use explosives! Otherwise ... in ... let's say my group ... i can say he have few hundred people but only a couple o dozen real soldiers!!* he makes a pause and look to Doc* I don't know what you really whant from me, but i'm not a leader! I may have ships, a colony liner full of people that see me as a leader but i'm not! I'm going to tell you what we really need on the groud! We need more man power! We need personel that can fight and that can teach others to fight! We have food and we can get weapons, but they are useless without a good hand holding then! The Corsairs are retreating, and only protecting their interest, so we can have some time to rest and ry to training more people, but even so that wll not be enough! * he pauses for a bit and continues* You saw the bombardments? Some say that Port Canaria has a shield to prevent this, and so other main cities!! We need more! We need the entire planet!! It will be difficult and expensive, but we can make it! We need that protection because ... we can't beat then on space! *

* Marius takes a another small pause, and then he looks right in the Doc's eyes *

- But what he need most is confidence! We need someone that people trust, to lead the way. Someone that can unite all groups, all Zoners and no Zoners ... everyone .. and lead us! So i'm asking you Jonh ... can you be that man? Because if you are ... you can be sure that i will be he man to follow you!

* he laid back, while taking another another apple*

RE: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Doc Holliday - 09-03-2013

Doc just smiled and paused a bit, the crackling of the fire and the breeze passing high in the trees the only sound. Marius wasn't giving himself the credit he deserved or so Doc thought. Taking the offering back of meat and putting it back over the fire, he took some greens and took a bite of them before speaking.
"Yes, death has been too common. But, this wild boar meat is no waste. Killing a human being or any humanoid is. I bury the heart of the boar after a prayer is said. This I learned from natives. It enables the spirit to roam freely."

Doc took a drink of the whiskey his guest provided. He gave the glass a raise of approval to his new friend, "Very good, Sir. I would be honored to have more of this for my liquor stash at Tombstone."
"Believe me," he began as he placed the glass down, "I know full well why the resistance fights. It's quite amazing how well a man or even a woman fights when all he or she has lost or all that they may lose is in jeopardy. I saw that when the front window of my club was shattered in an assassination attempt. I'm just disappointed that he missed through no fault of his."

He leaned forward a bit, looking at Marius. "Some have suggested I lead a resistance due to my skills on the ground. Yes, I could but it can't be obvious. The lives of those aboard Med Force Enterprises would be at stake. Secretly, I could but it takes many to make it work. I need lieutenants and other leaders to help. My being well known is as much an asset as it is a danger."

He cocked his head a bit, "I can start by offering a very large stash of weapons. I have them in a secure area. I can't lead directly nor will I. No one can know. I propose that we work as a tandem. I also propose that we find a small group of your best men....or women...to act as liaisons. These people will appear to be shop keepers, an employee at my bar, a deputy and such. They will basically be eyes and ears and report to you and I discreetly. How does this sound so far?"

RE: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Lusitano - 09-08-2013

*Marius nods when Doc says that will respect nature and her sacrifice, but he chokes up with the piece of apple when Doc talks about the window!! After composing himself, he could not stop thinking about that damm glass that ruined a perfect hit record of his old rifle! Even so he continued to listen Doc, and when he stoped, Marius eats the last piece of the apple, and puts the garbage on a bag and put it on his pocket, and replies to Doc!*

- John! You don't need to be here! And when i mean here, i mean on field! We all know that you have to much to lose, and the sairs now where you live and mainly know how to hurt you! But you don't need to be resistance leader ... in a public way! You can be like ... *he pauses for bit* .. the sheriff of Gran Canaria! Or a governor, or whatever you may want to call! And nobody needs to know that is you who are coordinate the people on the ground! But people need to see a face of someone that they know, trust and really cares about Gran Canaria! Have two sides ... one the diplomat and the other the true leader of resistance, and just coordinate the job of your lieutenants, has you call!

Has i said, we have weapons but i thank the offer, other groups may need it! But what we really need is capable personel! I ... don't know if .. the TAZ are with you, but we need more soldiers! Because like i said ... takes a lot of time to really train someone to really know how to use a weapon and fight!! Other thing we need top of the line and heavy equipment! Mainly Rheinlander ... but that is my preference! Corsairs still have some strongholds and we need assault equipment to take then, like fast assault vehicles and field artillery, and personel to use it!!! And Houses don't usually sell that equipment to anyone!!

And about i send someone to work with you ... well ... i have someone that can do the job! We call then Crimson Skies! I know him since i was a child, and it was like a father to me when o most need it! We even was my squadron commander on Freeport 7, and after the war ... he lost everything He had a wife and two daughters on Freeport 7! After the attack we fought long side the Order ... the real Order and not this imperialist maniacs that they are now, and when the war has over, we separate ourselves and we follow diferent paths, and some years later i found him again drunk on a Freeport 9 bar! For someone who never had a drop of alcohol ...*makes a smal pause * ... he lost it all on Freeport 7 even the will to live. I took him with me but he continued to drink ... alot ... but his diferent! When a man is drunk he loses control ... say thinks we shouldn't say ... forget things ... but not Crimson! His body can be drunk but not is mind! And i used this special feature to collect some intel! *he smiles* John i'm not sending you a employee at your bar, but a good customer! But beware! *he smiles* He knows what is good stuff! It even was him who get this whiskey! So ... do we have a deal .. Sheriff or even Governor John Holliday?

RE: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Doc Holliday - 09-11-2013

There would be a long pause as Doc pondered what Marius had said. He cut another piece of meat from the carcass, wrapped it on a stick and placed it over the fire. The sun had set and darkness had begun to fall. Before long, the fire was the only light besides a small table lamp inside the small cabin..
Doc had heard this mentioned to him before. He himself had tossed the idea of a governorship out before but never considered himself for the job. The last sheriff didn't last long either. Within a weak, Corsairs murdered him.

"Governor" softly said Doc, "A burden I really don't want." He then looked at Marius, "anyone who has that title will be a shield between the heat of whoever would wish Canaria ill will or just make a scape goat out of him. I can see the Corsairs bombarding the surface, destroying every Zoner ship that passes or even laying seige to any Freeport just to make the governor give them what they want and if he doesn't, they'll say that the blood of the dead is on his hands."

"Then there are house authorities," Doc continued, "who will make Gran Canaria the blame for the actions of all Zoners and the governor for the actions of all. Bretonia has pressured Zoners on Freeport 1 more times than I can count and they have sent warships here before while Privateers have destroyed a good many Zoner trade ships. Mollies, Corsairs and Bretonia would all accuse the governor of choosing sides or worse, try forcing him or her to."

He turned a stick over to cook the other side, "I'm not so sure that a Sheriff would fare much better either. Oh he might put up a good fight for a time but after awhile, he would be a casualty. Be it a governor or sheriff, he'll need a great deal of help when you consider that the Corsairs will come calling again and a house like Bretonia may push as might the Mollies."

Doc sighed knowing that something had to be done but he felt his high profile position would get in the way. A somber face found his head, "I couldn't risk Med Force Enterprises either. I have worked so hard to get them where they are. I don't want to risk those whom I call friend or family. Mr. Marius, I want to help you but I'm not sure that I can in that way."

RE: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Lusitano - 09-15-2013

*Marius undertands what Doc means! Even so he continues*

- Ok John i understand you! But let me tell you something! We lost Erie because some important Zoners sold it, and Gran Canaria is almost the same thing! And every time there is a big disgrace and a lot of little Zoners die *makes a small pause* not counting with Freeport 7, there is always some important Zoners behind this! Now returning to Erie and Gran Canaria ... many Zoners on Erie are angry because they say that they have few chances, and that Liberty takes all a leave then just some crumbs and that Gran Canaria is the Zoner's heaven!! They are so wrong! Is true that Liberty take the biggest slice of cake but always leaves some for the Zoners, and while the wildlife there is very ferocious, they are safe inside their city walls, and if they have a problems they have someone to ask help! That governor ... ahhh ... Sebastian Guillemot or something like that, that is on Philadelphia Station really have some interest on the well being of the Zoners, that still are the major population on Erie. And what Zoners have here on Gran Canaria? Even those who live under the protection of the big city wall don't fell safe right now! While on Erie the walls protect from the wild life, Liberty protects then from the rest, and here? Who protects the Zoners here from the Corsairs? Pirates ... slavers .. alien agents * here Marius makes a small pause, he talked a litle too much, but he continues hoping that Doc had not noticed * On other words ... people here need to know that some one really cares for then, and will be there if ever they need help. A person with hope is stronger than with a gun!

But i understand you John! You have to much to lose and since they know you very well, they know where to hurt you more, like i already said!* Marius makes a small pause and looks to Doc eyes* Lets make a deal John! You get me equippment, top of the line and not that crap they sell to us, and personel that know how to use then and fight and also to teach others to do it ... and i can gather more people willing to follow you and execute your plans! I can talk to other resistance groups, and i'm sure that we can get something good here * he smiles* But one more thing John!!! I don't know that if you are alone with this or the TAZ and even the OSI are supporting this but ... if we discover that all this sacrifice was in vain and ... some important Zoners make some kind a deal like the ones that were made on Erie and Gran Canaria and ... some more * Marius makes a small pause and looks to Doc eyes on not a friendly way * ... let's say that . we will not be pleased and ... like they said on back on Earth on the country that are my origins ... cá se fazem cá se pagam .. in is more or less here you do here you pay ... it loses a bit on the translation *smiles*

So John do we have a deal?

RE: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Doc Holliday - 09-18-2013

Doc put down a now empty stick and smiled and nodded, "I see that we understand each other. You know the risks I take with a high profile position but know that I understand yours as well. Those co-ordinates I provided earlier in our chat, they are as top-of-the line as I have been able to get a hold of. I can get more of them. Go through them, see what there is and let me know what more you need."
He patted his pistols and took a short look to his rifle, "I'm old school but very effective with them but that's besides the point."

"I know the story of Erie," he continued, "I've heard the cry "Remember Erie" more times than I can count. I have a small cabin in the wild areas of the planet where I go to think when I need to be alone. I think we have learned a lesson from that after the Zoner populace long before me asked the Liberty government for protection against Rogue attacks. Our founders here made the mistake of hiring the Corsairs for security against Bretonian incursion. I won't pay them but we've seen their true intentions."

He turned to Marius, "It's a new time on Canaria and we must be discreet. To broadcast our intentions, to elect a governor will only draw unwanted attention. Keep it low key and few, if any, will know. If a time comes where the resistance needs to go public, if the populace wants to make open desires of a governor, we'll visit it at that time but as we begin, we must be low key."

Doc motioned around them. "Even through the night sky, take a look. This is why we can be self sufficient. We have food, water and enough industry to survive embargoes and seizes. Those don't concern me. Now, you appoint the person who will work near me at the White Buffalo and put together a resistance staff and I will get what you need. TAZ will be with us if I call on them and OSI will do things in space. I even know of a carrier that made it's way here from Freeport 6 so our plight has been heard."

Doc just sat, looking to his friend, feeling better about arrangements.

RE: The Campsite: A Secret Meeting (RP between myself and Lusitano ONLY) - Lusitano - 09-24-2013

*Marius is silent for a bit! Then he looks to Doc"

- Ok John! Let's do this. *he smiles* So the OSI is with us right? Good. We need images of all Corsais main facilities that could be attack. And since they have that big station, they can take all pictures they want, and we don't need to risk any ship on Gran Canaria orbit. Like i said, Crimson will be at your bar, even when you think that is lost, dont worry, he can take more. But * he makes a small pause* before sending more weapons please send more qualified personnel!! That is the most important!!! We need to train those people! Hitting a patrol is one thing but hitting one outpost is diferent, and i can't send people that barely knows how to shoot a weapon, to certain death. We also will need field artillery and small assault vehicles! Nothing big and heavy! We must move fast and light! Our big advantage will be surprise so we must coordinate all atacks and if possible, to attack several places at the same time. I will leave this for you to decide where to attack, the OSI can send us intel about the targets, and then i gather the troops and then ... we will have our payback! *Marius smiles and rises, for him there is a good agreement. He stretches his body* I'm not get any younger, so let's do this! *he smiles, and extends his hand to Doc*