Discovery Gaming Community
Grr, Capital spawns - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Grr, Capital spawns (/showthread.php?tid=104060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Grr, Capital spawns - Savas - 08-29-2013

Poorly written QQ below.

To be honest I see little point in the random capital spawns that show up across House systems. I've been in a ton of snubfights around a trade lane or near a planet and then a group of dreads and cruisers show up and basically ruin the fight. Even in non-combat RP where I've just been talking to a hostile player, spawns show up and ruin the immersion. It's cool and all to see them around but I've found that they're just an inconvenience rather than anything else. I'm too tired to make a decent post (and accompanying argument) but rather want to hear the opinions of other people on the server. Discuss pl0x.

Edit: If you vote, I encourage you to post backing up your opinion.

RE: Grr, Capital spawns - Luke. - 08-30-2013

I agree to an extent.

They can be in the game, that's fine. More than one? No...and as common as they are? Also no. It's just irritating and completely invalidates PvP as you said.

Also makes trading inconvenient especially in Tau-31 etc. Too many OP Gallic patrols that cause a loss (see my half jokey QQ thread in flood)

Also, adding an option to the poll to get you trolled is likely to be the most popular (EDIT: See Burak below me), i'd remove that one/replace with something constructive Wink

RE: Grr, Capital spawns - Soul Reaper - 08-30-2013

Stop complaining and learn how to dodge missiles, scrub.

RE: Capital Spawns: Good or Annoying? - Spike Seadra - 08-30-2013

Those who stay on the caps spams side will like it while its hostiles won't (nerd)
Ofcourse
Keep them in game, that's what i call "Heavily secured areas"
lolpirates are just some small group of snubs in RP
You are comparing them with Militry vessels
lolpirates are not smart enough or it is possible for them to come pew pew in front of hattan in RP
we can do that because we are players but take a look again, if npcs come pew pew in front of hattan, they'll die in no time
Similarly, when players aren't around to take care of pirates and a pirate shooting poor transport who managed to come hattan by thrust and still under fire, loosing repairs it can use npcs for protection
pirates have to sit between lanes and camp, not camp infront of hostile bases

EDIT : Poll option 1 and 3 are same, no need for 2 of 'em when both have same results or meaning. so'll vote for 3

RE: Grr, Capital spawns - Savas - 08-30-2013

(08-30-2013, 12:14 AM)MiniStryke Wrote: Also, adding an option to the poll to get you trolled is likely to be the most popular (EDIT: See Burak below me), i'd remove that one/replace with something constructive Wink

For the sake of keeping the thread constructive, yeah. But I would rather people explain themselves in the comments rather than click 'vote'. As for Burak, we're married on Facebook so it's npnp (Though yeah I would edit it if it let me).

RE: Grr, Capital spawns - Nephos.Draco - 08-30-2013

I voted the first option. Those areas where caps spawn are either secured area like home system or guard system or contested area. They give me a feeling of arriving at a stable area or battle front.

RE: Grr, Capital Spawns - Savas - 08-30-2013

(08-30-2013, 12:54 AM)Nephos.Draco Wrote: I voted the first option. Those areas where caps spawn are either secured area like home system or guard system or contested area. They give me a feeling of arriving at a stable area or battle front.

But in the case of Liberty and Rheinland, don't you think it would be wasteful to position X amount of capital ships near your planets rather than holding the frontlines? Fighters, bombers, gunboats and a few cruisers are more than sufficient to defend a planet until some heavier support arrives. In the case of a warzone area such as Bering, I think it would be more appropriate (Though not spawning on gates/lanes).

RE: Grr, Capital spawns - Hone - 08-30-2013

Keep em, but keep em in restricted areas such as planets and warzones. People who ae troubled by them whilst trading shouldnt be trading through a warzone like its nothing.

RE: Grr, Capital spawns - lIceColon - 08-30-2013

you know caps in front of manhattan? yeah they pretty much do nothing for you except crash into the planet. remove them for a smoother server and a safer manhattan

RE: Grr, Capital spawns - Nephos.Draco - 08-30-2013

(08-30-2013, 12:57 AM)Savas Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 12:54 AM)Nephos.Draco Wrote: I voted the first option. Those areas where caps spawn are either secured area like home system or guard system or contested area. They give me a feeling of arriving at a stable area or battle front.

Fighters, bombers, gunboats and a few cruisers are more than sufficient to defend a planet until some heavier support arrives.

During my gameplay, the patrols in urban areas are mostly consisted of battlecruisers (sometimes cruisers), gunboats and heavy fighters. Occasionally you will meet with a battleship-led patrol. I think the rate of their spawn is not that annoying -- giving that you are legal trader or pilot -- though most times they will spawn several kilometers away from you when there are fewer players online. Well, at least to me it is not that annoying and sometimes even makes me feel that I'm not alone.

I think that is sensible. You are not allowed to freely pick a fight in downtown area. The patrol consisted of caps and fighters is probably more forceful than the one consisted of only fighters -- especially to players, causing them some trouble if they decide to mess the area -- eventually make this rp situation more realistic. Pirates wouldn't consider doing business in front of Mahattan docking ring an easy task, right?