Discovery Gaming Community
5k class transport - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: 5k class transport (/showthread.php?tid=104201)

5k class transport - Nephos.Draco - 09-02-2013

So far, I have flied in 5k transports like "Shetland"(my first 5k transport) , "Stork", Whale, "Ryuujin", and "Pachyderme". Based on my personal experience, My ideal choice of 5k transport for traders would be "Pachyderme". It is really a wonder to me. I like its appearance, and it performance in docking tradelanes is the second best of all these 5k transport ( I think the Whale would rank the top in manoeuvre).

Because I am doing business mostly inside house space and gallia, so the Whale is not a good option for me.

What do you suggest?

Also it was a year ago since I flied a Stork. So I can't compare its performance with Pachyderme due to my faded memories. Is it larger than the Pachyderme?

RE: 5k class transport - creepytacoman - 09-02-2013

I like the mastodon because quick-docking is a snap. The place that it officially connects is the exact same place as the main cockpit-area. Because of that, you can get very accurate with trade lane docking.

RE: 5k class transport - **BUDDY** - 09-02-2013

well i guess it would depend where you are primarily doing your business for example, if you were to be working alot in bretonia or even travelling there then i would suggest the stork but however if you are not going into bretonia or perhaps even kusari now that i think about it then you would do better i think in the pachyderme as it cannot have its hold containers blown off like the stork and as you say they both are good ships but in my own opinion from having flown both these ships i would have to say for what you are wanting the stork would probably be the better option here although they both have plus sides and negative sides, as do all ships i guess.

RE: 5k class transport - dirmaster0 - 09-02-2013

Stork is where it's at man. It's one of my ships that I'll never sell Tongue Docks quite well, and having cargo pods helps you in evasive maneuvering to a point.

RE: 5k class transport - Valrin - 09-02-2013

The Mastodon docks like a breeze.
It is pretty movable so in the rare chase that you DO get stuck you can become unstuck in a snap.
But.....only one gun ._.
So NPCs can be a problem, they just stack up waiting to attack you Tongue

RE: 5k class transport - Daedric - 09-02-2013

If you're going to be traveling between houses.....Stork. Though, it would help to know which ID you're going to be using. I cannot remember for sure, but if you use a BMM ID and try to use a Gallic 5ker, I'm pretty sure you're going to see some technerf (I could be wrong, been awhile since I played).

Basically, use the Stork or pick the 5k for the house you're playing as.

RE: 5k class transport - Nephos.Draco - 09-02-2013

(09-02-2013, 05:33 AM)dirmaster0 Wrote: Stork is where it's at man. It's one of my ships that I'll never sell Tongue Docks quite well, and having cargo pods helps you in evasive maneuvering to a point.

Yeah, I have a good memories of stork. I used to own two stork : one with a IC id which was beaten its craps out by the RM when it entered Rheinland and after that, I got another one with Orbital Spa and Cruise id. Pity I sold them all.

[/code][/quote]

(09-02-2013, 05:22 AM)creepytacoman Wrote: I like the mastodon because quick-docking is a snap. The place that it officially connects is the exact same place as the main cockpit-area. Because of that, you can get very accurate with trade lane docking.

Haven't try that yet. Because I happened to see one in the game, and was scared by its giant headWink . I thought it was difficult for me to auto-dock -- well, I still can't do a quick dock, pardon me.

(09-02-2013, 05:26 AM)**BUDDY** Wrote: well i guess it would depend where you are primarily doing your business for example, if you were to be working alot in bretonia or even travelling there then i would suggest the stork but however if you are not going into bretonia or perhaps even kusari now that i think about it then you would do better i think in the pachyderme as it cannot have its hold containers blown off like the stork and as you say they both are good ships but in my own opinion from having flown both these ships i would have to say for what you are wanting the stork would probably be the better option here although they both have plus sides and negative sides, as do all ships i guess.

Thanks for the advice. I already had a pachyderme and I decide to keep it. I need another one so it's probably going to be stork.

(09-02-2013, 05:58 AM)Valrin Wrote: The Mastodon docks like a breeze.
It is pretty movable so in the rare chase that you DO get stuck you can become unstuck in a snap.
But.....only one gun ._.
So NPCs can be a problem, they just stack up waiting to attack you Tongue

Thank you!
I usually use auto dock and "/stuck" Tongue . As for guns, well, not worth my attention because they take cargo space and are useless confronting player pirates. And for the NPCs, get an advanced transport shield would always be my like.

Since I got two people suggesting Mastodon in this thread, I think maybe I should try it someday.

(09-02-2013, 06:09 AM)Daedric Wrote: If you're going to be traveling between houses.....Stork. Though, it would help to know which ID you're going to be using. I cannot remember for sure, but if you use a BMM ID and try to use a Gallic 5ker, I'm pretty sure you're going to see some technerf (I could be wrong, been awhile since I played).

Basically, use the Stork or pick the 5k for the house you're playing as.

Thanks for the tips!
If I am getting a stork, I will probably get a samura ID or GMG ID.
As for pachyderme, I'm using one with IDF id/iff, doing a profitable business across gallia/kusari/rheinland.