Discovery Gaming Community
Confused - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Confused (/showthread.php?tid=104275)

Pages: 1 2 3

Confused - RSAMaximus - 09-03-2013

HI

I've been playing on this serve/mod for a month now. i'm still learning all the rules around the RP system.

But one thing i notice is some people tend to pick on new players and force them into breaking rules by either confusing, Example: player is in a Navy Destroyer caught a Pirate in act of destroying a transport vessel so chase after pirate but problem is its a stale mate pirate wont engage but also stays at a 6k distance at all times so neither party can win. But then Pirate calls for ZONERS to help him out to harbor him and more players show up so in end about 4 -8 new players are involved while a planned attack is made from a neutral player to annoy Navy vessel is made knowing he would make the mistake of shooting it by accident.

Now how do you handle this when you get ganged up and see them discuss " ya we should make recording and screenshots and report it next time "

so please give advice how are new player to survive and help grow this server if this keeps happening and i know of at least 6 other new players same thing happening to

RE: Confused - Hone - 09-03-2013

Maybe report them?

RE: Confused - RSAMaximus - 09-03-2013

i asked admins advice on a situation almost the same nature but yet still waiting for reply from admins

RE: Confused - Daedric - 09-03-2013

I'm not sure how it is a stalemate. Nor which person is the new player. Can you please clarify the scenario?

RE: Confused - RSAMaximus - 09-03-2013

the Navy player is the new one and the pirate has been around couple years.
Stale mate as in if you move out of combat range you presumed dead and have to leave system for 2 hours, since its a Battle Cruiser VS Fighter it means he can stay out of gun range at all times and keep at 6k - 8k distance at all times from navy vessel so its a stale mate no one wins

RE: Confused - Highland Laddie - 09-03-2013

You'd be best off in that situation to make a system-wide broadcast requesting backup from allied players in the system.

Otherwise, check the chat list and see if there are any allied players close by to lend assistance.

OR.....hire a Freelancer who is nearby.

RE: Confused - Hone - 09-03-2013

(09-03-2013, 11:14 PM)RSAMaximus Wrote: Stale mate as in if you move out of combat range you presumed dead and have to leave system for 2 hours, since its a Battle Cruiser VS Fighter it means he can stay out of gun range at all times and keep at 6k - 8k distance at all times from navy vessel so its a stale mate no one wins

Thats not true, that rule was removed years ago. In this case you can just tell the navy player to leave and go back to his regular patrol, only dying or docking in combat (although even docking doesnt apply to freighters/transports) counts as a death now.

RE: Confused - RSAMaximus - 09-04-2013

You say you can tell the Navy player leave but what about the Pirate ? can the Navy not tell him to leave ? since he is a pirate after all ...

and then there is the pirate hiding with zoners how does that work ?

sorry i'm asking probably real dumb questions but the dumb questions are usually what makes us understand

RE: Confused - Daedric - 09-04-2013

The Navy can, of course, tell the pirate to leave. The pirate doesn't have to listen though.

What do you mean by hiding? Docking on a Zoner base? Or hiding with Zoner ships/players?

RE: Confused - RSAMaximus - 09-04-2013

Hiding behind Zoner ships ... by how it all went down i can say this they are using some sort of voice comms to collaborate there joined effort especially with the amount of people showed up so soon after the situation started