Discovery Gaming Community
The Outcasts - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The Outcasts (/showthread.php?tid=104351)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Outcasts - Zen_Mechanics - 09-05-2013

Im opening this thread to discuss the recent "unpleasent" events within the outcast circle. For reasons that I can never quite fathom, Council of dons has been officialy disbandned yet by magic we have a new one - who I gather is not the real one, but a CL one. Now I agree CL could be official, but over-stepping t101st without a solid story that confirm this is outright insane. 101st from my knowledge holds all power - the CL attempts to revoke that power by causing mayhem and "civil" war betw the outcasts - and judgding the forum posts the CL will probably win the "information war" - still, oorp support from people is not legit.
Because of that, I believe the 101st have a good reason torephack their tagged vessels if they continue to violate their rules.

Edit 2 : One thing to add about 101st, you have all the power yes, but denying outcast ID vessels from entering outcast territory is not legit - unless you have a good reason to do so. You cannot state in advance that only 101st tagged vessels may enter Corsica, you do however can deny entery if it is required.

What do you guys think?

RE: The Outcasts - Kazinsal - 09-05-2013

I for one am entertained.

RE: The Outcasts - sindroms - 09-05-2013

This IS entertaining, because it is just one of those cases, when an official faction has to actually do something to prevent news ones from muscling them out. Granted this is unfortunate to the 101st, especially to happen right after the leadership change, but let us just hope that this will not turn into another Benitez vs HAF war.

RE: The Outcasts - Crackpunch - 09-05-2013

(09-05-2013, 09:35 AM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: Edit 2 : One thing to add about 101st, you have all the power yes, but denying outcast ID vessels from entering outcast territory is not legit - unless you have a good reason to do so. You cannot state in advance that only 101st tagged vessels may enter Corsica, you do however can deny entery if it is required.

Sure they can.

Considering the base was put their by the 101st, and according to the wiki, it's their home base too.

RE: The Outcasts - sindroms - 09-05-2013

Isn't their base the only one that actually sells the OC dread?

EDIT: Yes, yes it is. Ranseur is only sold on Corsica. If the 101st want it to be their system, I advise they make a quick change for 87 and move the sellpoint to Omicron 81.

RE: The Outcasts - Crackpunch - 09-05-2013

(09-05-2013, 09:52 AM)sindroms Wrote: Isn't their base the only one that actually sells the OC dread?

EDIT: Yes, yes it is. Ranseur is only sold on Corsica. If the 101st want it to be their system, I advise they make a quick change for 87 and move the sellpoint to Omicron 81.

Creating a character is considered an OORP process by many. The 101st would be total dbags if they refused an outcast ID'd player a ship from their own shipline.

They could still have their restricted system, but they would have to allow people to get the dred, or face the wrath of the community.

RE: The Outcasts - Sabru - 09-05-2013

(09-05-2013, 09:42 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: I for one am entertained.

Me too.

(09-05-2013, 09:35 AM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: Now I agree CL could be official, but over-stepping t101st without a solid story that confirm this is outright insane. 101st from my knowledge holds all power - the CL attempts to revoke that power by causing mayhem and "civil" war betw the outcasts - and judgding the forum posts the CL will probably win the "information war" - still, oorp support from people is not legit.

they have a story, and they made it clear from Day 1 one of their goals was to seize control of the Maltese Govt.

So they are just following their RP. I think if the Lance have the activity, the members and the inRP strength to do so i dont see why they shouldnt pull a coup.

for note: current Faction activity:
CL} 6.21:09:59
[101st] 4.04:20:01

besides, a Cast civil war would be very interesting.

as for the info war,
Of course CL is going to win it. 101st hasnt done much but sputter stuff and act like they are the sole arbiters of OC RP.

i have never seen an 101st but i have seen plenty of CL, and had some good RP encounters with a few.

So good on CL for shaking things up.

Edit: Crackpunch's second post makes good points. Same with Sindrom's first post.

RE: The Outcasts - Lythrilux - 09-05-2013

inb4 101st sends 40,000 marines to kill Luke Orsini.

RE: The Outcasts - Sabru - 09-05-2013

(09-05-2013, 10:19 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: inb4 101st sends 40,000 marines to kill Luke Orsini.
[Image: emoticon-00137-clapping.gif]

RE: The Outcasts - Omicron - 09-05-2013

I am 999% sure that 101st will let you to buy Ranseur with no questions given, unlike TAZ who used to require you to fill some paperwork in order to proceed without being shot.

The CL here invaded Omicron 85, 101st guard system on purpose and after several warnings to submit to their authority and leave to not provoke conflict further - were shot and killed for refusal.

This is also amusing.