Discovery Gaming Community
Smuggling - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Smuggling (/showthread.php?tid=104479)

Pages: 1 2

Smuggling - Wiz - 09-07-2013

'ello:
So I am going to start some free smuggling work..
If anyone could give me some tips about smuggling routes, tactics...etc, feel free to post here!

P.S: I am also looking for some partners whom i could fly with and have fun.

RE: Smuggling - Lonely_Ghost - 09-07-2013

Mkay, Im not a pro smuggler, but, time to time spending time moving illegal goods.
Firstly, what kind of ship you have? I mean cargo. If you have magic combination of Freelancer ID and IFF with Border World Transport, nearly no borders for you.
You can move artifacts from Gamma to Kusari, at New Tokio it costs around 3K per one. Keeping in mind, that Kusari is the emptiest house, with some carenes and pathience, you can make good cash. You can move same artifacts to New York, but you know... longer route, greater money, and greater risk. Wink Myself on Samura train, moving artifacts is nearly everyday's workshedule.
Not sure about Cardamine or Slaves. However, Slaves can be brought to someone else, for example, to Hessians. InRP, you can say, that Hessians going to give freedom to slaves and so on.
Cardamine... nobody likes it. If you going to Liberty, expect being hunted and pursuited by: IMG, BHG, CR, GRN, LN, LPI, other lawfull forces. Same goes in other way- Hessians and Corsairs will trun you into dust, if they see you with cardi on board....

Another way, which is also working fine- embargo smuggle. Not sure, if this is same SMUGGLING, as moving cardi or artifacts, but it's also considered unlawfull action, however, only from other side. Smuggling goods from Liberty to Rheinland, and back is kinda cool on FL or indep transport.

RE: Smuggling - Wiz - 09-07-2013

oh..thanks,
I don't have a ship yet, but I've been thinking of getting a "Salvager" with FL ID. I am more interested in protecting myself!

RE: Smuggling - dirmaster0 - 09-07-2013

I suggest getting a Pirate Train equipped with a Junker ID/IFF.
As for routes, Slaves from Pittsburgh to Omicron Alpha, Cardamine from Malta to the Cryer base in Sigma-17, buy Synthetic Marijuana and transport it to Planet Crete in Omicron Gamma, then buy artifacts and take them to Manhattan in NY.
Round trip, all the profits! Big Grin

I forgot to mention, Human Organs from Maine to Texas is a fair chunk of change as well, and you have quite an exciting journey flying through hostile space on the way! XD

RE: Smuggling - Trail - 09-07-2013

artifacts are legal in kusari. Its not exactly smuggling (unless youre using an ID / Ship illegal in Kusari)

RE: Smuggling - Deeceem - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 02:29 PM)Seemo Wrote: ...but I've been thinking of getting a "Salvager" with FL ID...

May I ask why? O.o
I mean unless you are planning on getting a core nerf to 75% iirc.

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I think junkers don't really "like" non-junkers flying a Salvager and consider it 'stolen' inrp if you aren't a junker or have some rp, since it is usually a ship which is given to each other within a family and not just to some random lancer without any rp background.
Making an almost Sirius wide quasi-unlawful faction - who you are likely to meet while you do smuggling runs - angry at you, doesn't seem like a clever idea. (Don't mind this point if you have some fancy rp going on, who actually "justifies" your lancer to have one or if you actually want the possibilty to run into problems regarding that)

I mean, unless you want that combo for some specific reason, which I am not able to grasp atm.

My suggestions from the top of my head:

Junker ID/IFF - Pirate Train, Pilgrim Liner or Salvager
Freelancer ID/IFF - Firefly, Border Worlds Transport or Prison Liner

RE: Smuggling - Laura C. - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 02:55 PM)Trail Wrote: artifacts are legal in kusari. Its not exactly smuggling (unless youre using an ID / Ship illegal in Kusari)

Kusari laws say that they "may only be carried by Kusari Corporate Vessels". So if he will use FL ID, it still is kinda smuggling, because he is still breaking the laws by carrying them.

RE: Smuggling - Luke. - 09-07-2013

Cardi from Alpha to Penny (Allentown base) or New York (Rochester). Slaves back. Profit's not great though. Smuggling needs a buff. US HISPANICS HAVE GOTTA LIVE MAN.

RE: Smuggling - Wiz - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 03:12 PM)Deeceem Wrote:
(09-07-2013, 02:29 PM)Seemo Wrote: ...but I've been thinking of getting a "Salvager" with FL ID...

May I ask why? O.o
I mean unless you are planning on getting a core nerf to 75% iirc.
As I said i want this ship to get more defense advantages, but yes, no RP background really, i am just gonna "request' it from them, if they refuse, i will probably get my self a "DL" or something. (And btw, if you calculate it, that core nerf will have a weak effect on your abilities if you use GB basics)
anyway, thank you everyone for the advise.

P.S: Still looking for people to fly and smuggle with, catch up some fun and RP! Smile

RE: Smuggling - Highland Laddie - 09-07-2013

Something to consider - despite the Salvagers better guns, it's still less powerful and way less maneuverable than most gunboats, and not quick enough to escape bombers.

If you want to run minimally armored (I'd recommend no more than UA4 to maximize profit) I'd say use a Firefly with FL ID, or Pirate Train or Slave Liner with Junker ID.

Some keys to good smuggling are:
-keep an eye on your route
-hire a scout/spotter if you can
-don't underestimate your ability to talk your way out of a tight spot
-when in doubt, RUN!
-don't waste money on a cheetah thruster
-be patient / take the "long" route
-CM spam!!
-learn where all the jump holes are in the systems you're gonna be in a lot