Discovery Gaming Community
An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? (/showthread.php?tid=104613)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - EisenSeele - 09-09-2013

Errm. What would stop people from just plopping an unarmed one of these to screw with lane traffic, or render bases inaccessible?

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - sindroms - 09-09-2013

I used to do that in a LAC...

Let's just say I was .pull 'ed inside of Manhattan for that...

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - Lonely_Ghost - 09-09-2013

So.... in simple words saying, it's gona be like space round in SW Battlefront 2. We have 2 sides. Venator&Co from one and Providence&Co from another. Everything, including Acclamators and Munificent frigates goes down. But main capital ships remains indestructible, however, you need to blow up their subsystems- Bridge, engines, life support and so on..
Like this, but large capital ships are controled by player
Sorry, if my example could be crappy, but, that how I see it.

About idea... it's worth to be tested....

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - Haste - 09-09-2013

(09-09-2013, 08:50 PM)sindroms Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 08:40 PM)Omicron Wrote: What stops people from trolling your fleet as indestructable gigantic annoying fly just keeps following you around or camps your homeworld/guard system for lulz and giggles? Imagine indestructable fortress-fest in Alaska of several groups combined. Or RNC Titan right over Manhattan 24/7

Punish them! Get its shields down and send a novabomber squad to shoot its turrets.
If every turret costs 60 million credits and after the battle they retreat and their ship has around 80% damage done to all of its turrets, which are in total, say 27, that sums up their little fun campy-hour to cost them 324 000 000 credits.

Or they could just not leave after that hour, and instead leave their PC and let the now disarmed ship sit there being an eyesore.

Admittedly, you can be pretty invincible in a Liberator as well, but at least you have to move your mouse for that.

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - Hone - 09-09-2013

Its a very rough and unusable idea in itself, but I like some themes on subtargetting destructibility requirements. - For instance I have posted about giving BS's ablative armour, so you have to focus on one side blowing away their armour to kill them quickly. And the risk oflosing stuff is good.

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - Crossroads - 09-09-2013

removed

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - a7om - 09-09-2013

(09-09-2013, 07:58 PM)sindroms Wrote: http://media.desura.com/images/members/1/535/534154/Imperial_Capital_Ships_-_Comparison_Chart_05A.jpg
i spy with my little eye... A RANSEUR

also, credit grinding wouldnt be too hard to do with this ship as missions would be far to easy. Maybe add a feature that prevents it from doing missions?

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - kikatsu - 09-09-2013

I am not sure this is the best way to go but at the moment I do have to agree that large capital ships are pretty useless. Cruisers seem to man-handle them and any derp can get enough bombers together whenever the time is needed to kill one, which is not that many. Three or four bomber pilots who know what a keyboard is can best a skilled battleship captain who has piloted one for years.

I just do not know what to suggest as an alternative. Right now battleships just lumber about and can't do anything against anything that is not a battleship, unless some moron gets within 200m of one with a cruiser.

Large capital ship battles should be slowed down as well, so they do not last just two minutes.

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - Crossroads - 09-09-2013

removed

RE: An indestructible capital ship class, you say? - Zayne Carrick - 09-10-2013

This is just because some snub pilot got instakilled in 100m from BS.
Ofc, he starts whining.