Discovery Gaming Community
To: Council of Dons - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Council of Dons (/showthread.php?tid=104809)

To: Council of Dons - Emissary - 09-14-2013

[Image: rp-emissary-choice3_zps2062d213.png]

Sender: Angela Corino (Emissary) nomnom
Origin: Omicron Alpha, 6E/Station Ibiza

SECURE PRIORITY CHANNEL

The Nacion. Ancient and glorious. Singular and prosperous. The Orange Dream. So it was until the civil war. The strife continues to divide and fragment families, its consequences will undoubtedly echo back in the future. My family might be small compared to others here, but we have our role too, rooted deeply in technological advancements that brought Malta defenses on par and above that of our enemies. One such marvels is infamous Tridente gunboat, funded by Bonello family back during the time they held administrative duties and led Ghosts of Razgriz. We remember the history and keep traditions.

[Image: tridente_splash.gif]

Our close neighbors are concerned about this civil war, as I have mentioned both to 101st and Lance pilots in the past. I refer to the ones some call spirits and others call them Nomads. It is of no secret of my connection to them. Throughout tireless efforts, breaking communication barriers and achieving preliminary understanding this co-existence was established, not merely between two human factions but two species, a feat many consider impossible. But all this might be for naught - the civil war within the nation will turn them away. When the conflict between 101st and Lance spiraled out of control I swore no allegiance to either side, for mine is solely to that of the nation as a whole and preservation of our connections to our neighbors. Throughout diplomatic efforts good relations were established with Commonwealth Zoners in Tau 37, of which I have played my part as well. This relation I'm certain will only improve over time and be of economical importance to Malta, but even they are greatly concerned. My role has always been a civil one, guided by the firm belief that gun is the last resort when all diplomatic solutions are exhausted. Civil unrest is bad for business, everyone's business, it makes our partners to take business elsewhere. Our markets dwindling, workforce supply diminishing, all in all hurting our economy in a long run, meaning lesser financial support to maintain and develop military assets to keep nation's enemies at bay.

Speaking of the enemies. They have undoubtedly noticed the fragile state of the nation and already plotting to plunge it into irrecoverable state. For all it's glory in the past I know well that standing alone Malta will become a mere shadow of its past should the nation be divided further. Our enemies shall not wait until Malta recovers, they will strike when it's most vulnerable. Make no mistake - we don't have many to support us directly in the time of need that is to come. Our enemies consolidate, preparing their forces. Each day this mindless internal conflict takes a toll, and no brazen attitude will replenish what was lost and what we are about to lose.

In an effort to bring first steps to a balanced approach in this newly formed Council I'm coming forward with my candidacy, to rebuild what was lost and pave the way to a better future while Malta still has hope to come out as one nation from this. Not for the sole betterment of each group at expense of the other but one nation as a whole. Council's job... No. Council's duty is to end the war with least possible casualties, regardless of which family our citizens belong to, no matter if they had taken sides in this conflict and what side it is, for it matters none so long as the nation is united again. To that end there is much work to be done, compromises to be made, but stay on your course and the generations to come will curse your names no matter which side will prevail.

That is if there will be generations to come.

RE: To: Council of Dons - Council of Dons - 09-14-2013

[Image: VAVq73i.png]
Incoming Transmission

Source ID: Council of Dons
Target ID: Angela Carino
Subject: Candidacy

Angela.

An accurate summary of the recent and dark cloud that shrouds the Nacion at this juncture.

Sentiments aside, your family...we do not know much of it. Matters not, however. Obviously this transmission is geared towards your offer of candidacy to the Dons, for the sake of the Nacion itself. It's future. It is indeed a very dark time with the whole Nacion at arms, planet-side and in surrounding space. Everyone is choosing sides, causing a widening crevice in the once united inhabitance. An eerie lack of neutral parties. Except our rule.

We hear you, Angela; loud and clear. You are hereby accepted. However, we must stress the non-existant tie we wish to have with the nomads. We understand your connection. The research and mentality alike...they are not to intervene in the Council's official business, however.

Per Malta.
~Council of Dons

RE: To: Council of Dons - Emissary - 09-14-2013

[Image: rp-emissary-choice3_zps2062d213.png]

Sender: Angela Corino (Emissary) omnom!
Origin: Omicron Alpha, 6E/Station Ibiza

SECURE PRIORITY CHANNEL

I am pleased to hear my candidacy has been accepted, but any celebrations will have to wait - the pressing concerns are here still and there is much work to be done.

The fact this new Council don't know much about our family isn't surprising at all: keeping a low profile meant we did not involve ourselves in quarrels between larger families as they struggle to retain what they have. Ours has been the most precious - knowledge, be it history and origins of the nation, or be it technology that enables and empowers us. Regrettably that eerie lack of neutrality still lingers within the newly reformed Council chambers, and many had taken a notice of that as I'm sure you're aware of. You see, those taking up publicity spotlight are often metaphorically dissected to see where their favors lie. Perhaps now this rule will be a little more balanced and making a step towards a truly neutral and multilateral representation of the nation's will. Others will need to step in as well for it to work and succeed through. As for the aforementioned ties - only time will tell. Humanity always struggles to entrust one another in tiniest matters, so your suspicions are merely a reflection that. Trust develops over time.