Discovery Gaming Community
BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. (/showthread.php?tid=104982)

Pages: 1 2

BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - Druen78 - 09-16-2013

I don't know if anyone else signaled this, but here's what I found. The file shipclass.dll is detected as infected by my antivirus (Avira); everytime I try to log in with the antivirus active, it prevents access to that file, and the account gets banned by (I presume) the anticheat.

I tried running the game with the antivirus deactivated, and everything went smoothly.

Now, deactivating the antivirus can be ok as a temporary solution, but we can't just turn off our security to play Disco, please devs find a solution. Thank you.

RE: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - utrack - 09-16-2013

(09-15-2013, 05:32 PM)utrack Wrote: Oh.
Quote:[20:09:28] aerelm: he's probably using avira
[20:09:30] aerelm: that's a false positive

Avira is well-known for its overparanoid scanning. Here's a complete check table

Add the file to exception list or something.

RE: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - Druen78 - 09-16-2013

I don't know how to do it

RE: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - Kirill - 09-16-2013

I have same problem. Go to settings - realtime protection - exclusions - files (choose Disco directory) - add - Ok.

RE: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - Houg - 09-16-2013

Hey Folks,

I do have the same problem with Avira. I´d tried some options (Avira on/off, set an excetpion for the.dll-file etc) and now I´m completly banned at all chars....

RE: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - dirmaster0 - 09-16-2013

Uninstall it, install Microsoft Security Essentials instead Tongue

RE: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - Druen78 - 09-16-2013

(09-16-2013, 01:14 PM)Kirill Wrote: I have same problem. Go to settings - realtime protection - exclusions - files (choose Disco directory) - add - Ok.

Solved, thank you Smile

RE: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - Houg - 09-16-2013

Ok, Avira is working fine now. Fixed the alert, but still banned from the server. And yeah I already re-installed from vanilla to 4.87. Humpf!!!

RE: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - Luke. - 09-16-2013

Or just get an Anti-Virus that isn't total garbage.

MSE for example. Mine runs swimmingly with no complaints from it. Yes a couple of my ships are gone but that fix is in the works.

RE: BANNED ACCOUNTS: possible explanation. - Stormrider - 09-16-2013

Hello.

My account was banned when i try to log on,also and im running Avira Antivírus.I follow Kiril instuctions but i need you to unban my account.

Chars are:

Stormrider

Slayer

Erebrus

Shushi Manuel.

Thanks

Unbanned, please use this thread next time, its VERY unlike to be seen here. -Jansen