Discovery Gaming Community
What is a player database rollback? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What is a player database rollback? (/showthread.php?tid=105139)

Pages: 1 2 3

What is a player database rollback? - 80hd - 09-19-2013

I just started playing a week ago or so, does a character database rollback mean I am going to lose everything?

RE: What is a player database rollback? - nOmnomnOm - 09-19-2013

I'm pretty sure you will have to start from the last time the server saved before the Beta...
Money will be back to where it was before.
Guns will be back to where it was before.
Im pretty sure ships will be back to where it was before.

SO... to answer your question: Yea.

RE: What is a player database rollback? - 80hd - 09-19-2013

Ugh... thanks...

RE: What is a player database rollback? - Nexus Ark - 09-19-2013

Join a trading faction or something after the rollback. Im sure they will gladly help you set you up a good ship and some money to go straight away.

RE: What is a player database rollback? - nOmnomnOm - 09-19-2013

You basically joined at the time when this is happening on the server. Therefor its a good idea to not to worry right now about money and such of the sorts but to get acquainted with the server, and join a faction or two to help you get set up as Nexus Ark said.

Once beta ends we can all continue on with other things but for now: RP, explore the new updates, and faction joining and stuff

Okay, that sounds good, thank you for the advice.

I just wish I hadn't spent the last week power trading and mining every minute I spent in game... I'm gonna lose a Whale and a BW Trader as well as a GRN Gunship...

At least I got a chance to explore the galaxy some, really enjoying it... I've applied to OSI and GRN, we'll see if they take me!

RE: What is a player database rollback? - Luke. - 09-19-2013

Well, if you managed that in a week you'll have no problem getting it back.

But yes, it's going to be rolled back so cash etc will be gone. It's a pain but it's because a lot of us here have lost ships and billions of credits due to bugs in the new version.

I understand, with such a long-lived community, such things should be obvious... but I just dove right in like a spaztic little monkey and went nuts hahaha...

Like you said, should be easy to get it back!

RE: What is a player database rollback? - **BUDDY** - 09-20-2013

I love the above mentioned "spaztic little monkey" comment, made me laugh :-) just for that, once beta is over let me know one of your character names via pm (so i can keep record of it) and i will forward you some credits to help you get back up and running.

spaztic little monkey lol

Regards
Buddy

RE: What is a player database rollback? - 80hd - 09-20-2013

Thanks a ton, Buddy! I PM'd you.

It's a kick in the hooked-on-phonics-pay-attention-to-the-fine-print-huevos to lose close to half a billion credits... but that's not even that huge of a deal, if I can get back into a BWT and mining works, it'll still be fun.

The trick is going to be getting my wife to do a database rollback on her memory of me staying up retardedly late on work nights trading my panties off, it's going to be hard to sell the "buh...buh...buh... that was just PRACTICE trading"