Discovery Gaming Community
Treewyrm's Various Stuff - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Treewyrm's Various Stuff (/showthread.php?tid=105201)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - Treewyrm - 10-17-2013

It should work and it looks like this:

[Image: utfxml_zpsbcdb3a78.png]

But I'm not a developer of that tool so I can't really say why it doesn't launch for you.

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - belarusich - 10-19-2013

you simply launch it from your folder and it launches ?..

Because in my case it closes after 1 seconds without showing any window

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - Treewyrm - 10-19-2013

Yeah, you just launch it and it shows this dialogue window and that's really it. Nothing special about it at all. Granted it may need writing access to same directory it is in.

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - Treewyrm - 03-31-2014

Despite loads of stuff done lately this woefully neglected thread needs a bit more things to see I think.

So first thing here - it is basically how Edge nebula will look like from within in omicron systems where parts of it are available to traverse. Different areas will have slight offsets in terms of hue and brightness, but otherwise in systems receiving updates it'll be fairly consistent.

Next in line - new starscapes.

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - SMI-Great.Fox - 04-16-2014

Very Impressive Treewyrm.

Approve I do.

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - Treewyrm - 07-14-2014

[Image: th_testnebula-2_zps1e30a7f2.jpg]

[Image: th_testnebula-1_zpsd9c04c2f.jpg]

No, this is not how it's gonna look like in the end, but it's something I've done quick. Actually the test was to use texture clamp flag to get rid of pesky eye-gouging seams between otherwise pixel-perfect tiled images (actually it's a neat trick from my long gone unreal engine days). To that end it was a success and makes my work on omicrons starscapes a slightly less of a headache.

And sometimes I just get bored...

[Image: th_something-aint-right_zpse164d947.jpg]

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - Foochow - 07-15-2014

DAMN that last SS!! Kudos bro, these are some awesome works. I would like to see them in-game!

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - Treewyrm - 07-15-2014

After a bit of a thought and asking in conspiracyn chat, here is how I'll handle new system backgrounds. I know some of you like addon packs that have different and typically higher resolution textures. Personally I like that background is slightly blurred so it doesn't detract you from objects on the foreground and generally I try to minimize overhead where possible, reusing available textures and scaling new ones to typical resolutions used in vanilla. But since original material for new system backgrounds is already in high resolution (2k or above images) and detail elements are mostly resolution-independent, so as a little optional bonus there'll be a pack for some of the new content (system backgrounds, nebula graphics, particle effects). It's not going to look different but simply better because of higher resolution textures. For example in images above I'm using two textures each 256x256 pixels but for optional high-res pack I'd use original 1024x1024 images.

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - Deeceem - 07-15-2014

Can't wait to explore every little bit of these. Looks really really great! (y)

RE: Treewyrm's Various Stuff - An'shur - 07-15-2014

That all looks really great! But I would like to know what is the purpose of sphere and cube emmiter and that Sascya energy tentacles please.

Also what is that:

(07-14-2014, 10:13 PM)Treewyrm Wrote: And sometimes I just get bored...

[Image: th_something-aint-right_zpse164d947.jpg]

Have a nice day, An'shur