Discovery Gaming Community
Agiera and Lane Hackers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Agiera and Lane Hackers (/showthread.php?tid=105288)

Pages: 1 2

Agiera and Lane Hackers - Vulkhard Muller - 09-23-2013

I was thinking recently that Agiera, having made the Trade Lanes and Jump Gates. And Lane Hackers, Who "know how to hack and monitor Trade lane shipments" should have something that they do not..

Now here is my suggestion

Lane hackers gain access to Tlagsnet for Liberty Bretonia and Kusari ( due to them only really pirating in those areas)

Agiera Gaining Tlagsnet access for all houses of Sirius they created it they should have access to it.

I hope people agree with this idea I personally think it has a valid argument.

RE: Agiera and Lane Hackers - Lythrilux - 09-23-2013

Already been suggested.
It's a good idea though.

RE: Agiera and Lane Hackers - Echo 7-7 - 09-24-2013

From both a lore and gameplay standpoint, no. TLAGSNET is solely for house police factions.

RE: Agiera and Lane Hackers - nOmnomnOm - 09-27-2013

The Lane Hackers should still have some sort of command or something for 'hacking' the lanes. Even if the command is not equal to that of the LPI and is turned down so that its like a hack and not the real thing.

Such as limiting it or having a general idea instead of being that accurate. Maybe just working in their vicinity.
I dont know what's possible, just throwing out ideas.

RE: Agiera and Lane Hackers - Pancakes - 09-27-2013

Firstly Max, from lore point you are wrong. Interspace alongside Ageira have implanted a tracking system in the trade lanes which they do abuse (mostly Interspace).

Secondly, LH CAN hack lanes for convoys registry. Should it be the same as LPI tlagsnet? no, it should be inferior. Lets say simply indicating where people are in the borderworlds lanes (without specifying the cargo they carry).

(09-27-2013, 11:29 AM)Pancakes Wrote: Firstly Max, from lore point you are wrong. Interspace alongside Ageira have implanted a tracking system in the trade lanes which they do abuse (mostly Interspace).

Secondly, LH CAN hack lanes for convoys registry. Should it be the same as LPI tlagsnet? no, it should be inferior. Lets say simply indicating where people are in the borderworlds lanes (without specifying the cargo they carry).

There still should be something though. Would only make sense and it would attract activity to the group too, rather than being jsut another pirate faction. If there is 2 pirate factions in liberty (LR and LH, Not the mention HF) then lets get the LH something to be unique.

RE: Agiera and Lane Hackers - Highland Laddie - 09-27-2013

I think LH should get access to TLAGSNET. Makes sense inRP, and would help make that faction unique/fun gameplay-wise.

Not Agiera, though. A private company has no need. That's what the police are for.

(09-27-2013, 03:06 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: I think LH should get access to TLAGSNET. Makes sense inRP, and would help make that faction unique/fun gameplay-wise.

They wouldnt be able to have it as advanced as LPI i think... but close enough and good enough to get the job done in locating.

RE: Agiera and Lane Hackers - SMGSterlin - 09-27-2013

(09-24-2013, 12:47 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: From both a lore and gameplay standpoint, no. TLAGSNET is solely for house police factions.
Didn't we have a similar conversation back in the day, in the Ageira| Skype chat, Max?

I think I was saying back then that Lane Hackers should have more capability to build lanes/gates and do stuff with them, which was odd coming from an Ageira| player considering Lane Hackers and Ageira are enemies on almost an Outcast/Corsair level of hate... Or I suppose IMG/Outcast would be a bitter fit.

But yeah, Lane Hackers are (or their roots are at least) former Ageira employees, so they should know a few things about gates/lanes.

RE: Agiera and Lane Hackers - aakopa - 09-27-2013

TLAGSNET for Lane Hackers!