Discovery Gaming Community
Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 (/showthread.php?tid=105443)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Xoria - 09-29-2013

As has been planned, in the next released update new, unique commodities are being added to REPLACE some of the regular commodities that are currently used to build and supply bases. The most important change is that Basic Alloy will be replaced by Reinforced Alloy in base construction and maintenance. Reinforced alloy will be available in each House at several locations, all at the same price. All of these new POB commodities are priced the same wherever they are sold, so they are not tradeable between regular bases. Prices and sale locations are similar to current POB supply commodities (except Reinforced Alloy which will be cheaper everywhere it is sold). The purpose of this change is to provide independent control over POB supply balancing, rather than have it controlled by the balance of the trade economy. This way, POB supplies can be balanced without any impact on the trade economy, and vice versa.

For a complete list of the changes, explore the link below. Select "Commodities", then choose the POB commodity that you want information about. You will find the price, description, and complete list of where it is sold. For now, the old supply commodities are shown, with their replacements in parentheses, like this:
Basic Alloy (Reinforced Alloy)
At some point I will change the commodity names to drop the old names and use only the new ones. The recipes in the link have not been changed to reflect the new commodity names yet, but I will change those at some point.

http://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/9433854B-D9FE-7682-3A19-81AC813DA2F6#-2

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Ponge - 09-29-2013

Hello.
Thanks for the info.
Is there any change in the consumption rates? So far if I'm right, FOW consumption is 1 x crew number / 10 hours, and BA (RA from now on then) is 10800/24 hours. Will this be modified?

Hm, basic commodities are not sold at too many locations now. It'd be good if the Borderworlds had more sell points, like in Magellan, or somewhere near. I think it would be nice if all guard systems sold the 3 basic maintainance commodities, thus all faction would have access to it.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: when the bases will begin to consume these instead of the old ones? I recently visited a base I maintain, and it says repair status is OK, despite it has none of the new supply commodities.

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Syrus - 09-29-2013

Code:
Robotics (Robotic Hardware)
$250

Cargo scanners return a reading of Robotic Hardware for both disassembled robotic components and fully functioning robots. Robotic Hardware includes a wide variety of gyros, stabilizers, sensors, manual manipulators, and other components that are frequently replaced in working robots.

Purchase Locations:
Aland Shipyard
Compiegne SC
Is this really only sold in two locations or will this be changed?
It seems a bit restricted for a standard base maintance commodity.

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Johnnie-Lapierre - 09-29-2013

Thank you for the update!

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - ulfsarkhuskarl - 09-30-2013

(09-29-2013, 06:57 PM)Syrus Wrote:
Code:
Robotics (Robotic Hardware)
Is this really only sold in two locations or will this be changed?
It seems a bit restricted for a standard base maintance commodity.

Wouldn't mind to have them like that, they'd be the "luxury" item of bases.

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Snozzz - 09-30-2013

Also
Nuclear Devices (Fusion Diodes)
for core1 and sheild
Purchase Locations:
Mannheim St
Planet Nuremburg

available only in rheinland.!!! surely an error
other comodities are rather monopolised too. is that intentional.

also when you eliminate the old commodities will cargo in our holds be eliminated or updated ?

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Kosa - 09-30-2013

I like how things are done right now. I would like just one thing:

1. If you warned base builders in advance when the rollback is going to happen as they will need to instantly resupply their bases with Reinforced Alloy. (Basic Alloy present on bases before 4,87 will be useless)

OR

2. Make Basic alloy turn into Reinforced Alloy upon rollback

OR

3. First do the rollback and THEN after a day or two apply the base commodity changes

OR

4. Between Update 3 and update 4 have bases accept both the old and new commodities. Upon Update 4 then you could remove the old ones and no one would have a problem

We need time to replace the repair commodities!

//Edit: Added "Idea 4"

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Johnnie-Lapierre - 09-30-2013

That is true, it will be hard for people to start supplying their PoB when they will get the news.

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - GrnRaptor - 10-01-2013

(09-29-2013, 02:30 PM)Xoria Wrote: As has been planned, in the next released update new, unique commodities are being added to REPLACE some of the regular commodities that are currently used to build and supply bases.

Was there a public discussion over this that I missed, or was this solely dev side and only announced now?

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - djordje_petrovic - 10-01-2013

Xoria , these are very good news indeed. If pob supply materials cheap , we can focus more on trading between commodities in Pob bases and not only ore for supply. This is wise move and will encourage Pob faction RP relations.