Discovery Gaming Community
FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game (/showthread.php?tid=105552)

FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - Joggin - 10-03-2013

Can anyone throw a light on this please?

I can load Launchpad, select my account and character and run FL 4.87 (Ver 2), all well and good, but when I exit the game or try to Alt Tab between programmes, Windows 7 freezes and I get a black screen from which I have to power down reboot. Not healthy.

For Graphics I am using 1920x1080x32 res. screen with a -dx command in the FL Start Up Target command line, if that's relevant in any way.

Any ideas?

Grateful for suggestions.

RE: FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - Echo 7-7 - 10-03-2013

When you get a black screen, have you tried Ctrl+Alt+Del? Very occasionally, Freelancer will "hang" for me, particularly if I've been switching rapidly between characters, but pressing those keys sets the game back to normal.

Also, rather than Alt+Tabbing from fullscreen, I recommend entering windowed mode first (by pressing Alt+Enter).

Is Freelancer installed in the C:\Program Files? If yes, are you running it as an Administrator (just to be sure)?

RE: FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - lIceColon - 10-03-2013

while freelancer rarely freezes itself (although there have been crashes), it has been known to freeze all my other programs when running in windowed mode when I'm multitasking.

RE: FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - evanz - 10-03-2013

-dx? what for

RE: FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - Joggin - 10-13-2013

Thanks all,

I came to the conclusion that there was nothing wrong with my settings and that therefore it was a problem with Windoze 7. So, did a re-install and now good to go!

the -dx is to get the game (Discovery) to use your screen settings.

(10-03-2013, 05:38 AM)evanz Wrote: -dx? what for

Cheers!

RE: FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - sindroms - 10-13-2013

Also, the FL exe seems to still hang around after exiting the game. Old bug, but annoying as hell when you get into some sort of FPS and you lag.

RE: FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - Caconym - 10-14-2013

(10-13-2013, 11:46 PM)sindroms Wrote: Also, the FL exe seems to still hang around after exiting the game. Old bug, but annoying as hell when you get into some sort of FPS and you lag.
That's easy to fix. Either Alt+Tab to switch to Discovery Launchpad, and then use "Kill FL" button to quit the exe, or just quit FL normally and use Task Manager.

RE: FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - sindroms - 10-14-2013

Of course. I am just saying it should not be doing that in the first place.

RE: FL 4.87 Freezes my PC on Exiting Game - evanz - 10-14-2013

(10-13-2013, 11:13 PM)Joggin Wrote: Thanks all,

I came to the conclusion that there was nothing wrong with my settings and that therefore it was a problem with Windoze 7. So, did a re-install and now good to go!

the -dx is to get the game (Discovery) to use your screen settings.

(10-03-2013, 05:38 AM)evanz Wrote: -dx? what for

Cheers!

i dont understand why you need to do that, just tick the widescreen option