Discovery Gaming Community
EVE Online - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: EVE Online (/showthread.php?tid=105559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: EVE Online - SystemsFailing - 10-03-2013

Quote:I kinda misphrased that, I mean a ship that is a couple upgrades up and can actually do something besides fly around and do nothing.

Also I think that the first ship is actually a shuttle...

Well, changing your ship class won't take long, while mastering this class + modules/weaponry - will.

RE: EVE Online - Thargoid - 10-04-2013

(10-03-2013, 10:08 PM)SystemsFailing Wrote: I see that many rely on SC much. I'd advice you to not. Imo, it will be a failure.
What can be said about EvE: It's not right to compare it with FL since it's more RTS-like than simulator. Game is very hard-to-learn, requires much of your time, as was said above. You'd need to buy 1-2 months before you can start playing it for free. Some manage to buy PLEX during trial, though. And yes, you don't need much time to master Frigates, they are the smallest craft but very agile (especially Minmathar ones), bunch of them can burn things fast. Choosing your class more depends on your tastes, I'd say.
The interesting thing is that EvE was released few months later after FL. Due to great devteam it keeps being the most interesting MMO around, if you've ever played it, you'd understand me.
Reading about it's history and local features will make you interested, I'm sure.

What do you mean by play for free?

Do you mean like selling in game currency for cash to pay for the sub?

I've never played an online game other than Freelancer so I don't know about these things...

Are you even allowed to do that? Won't you get banned for it or something?

RE: EVE Online - Valrin - 10-04-2013

If you get rich enough in the game (like my brother) you can basically use in-game money to buy another month to play....so you can play for free if you are rich in the game Tongue

RE: EVE Online - Alphablood1 - 10-04-2013

Simple EVE is for people that want to make something of the game they play and freelancer is for children Smile

RE: EVE Online - Mister_X - 10-04-2013

All this talk made me log my EVE account, now mining Veldspar as we speak, gonna try to earn enough ISK for a monthly PLEX...wish me luck...

RE: EVE Online - Coin - 10-04-2013

(10-04-2013, 12:39 AM)Alphablood1 Wrote: Simple EVE is for people that want to make something of the game they play and freelancer is for children Smile
kthnxbai

the first five minutes of my trial i spent it wildly zooming in and out, thinking that i was actually travelling. lolnope. Eve's ship controls are annoying, and its basically wow in space. freelancer is twitch-based, but eve is click-click-click.

for those of us who remember elite, freelancer is like a margarita pizza:

its basic, with cheese and tomato. However many 'toppings' eve has they have forgotten to give the pizza base, so you essentially have soup. that's fine if you like soup and have no teeth anymore, but if you wanted pizza you will find eve unfulfilling

RE: EVE Online - Echo 7-7 - 10-04-2013

I believe there is a free two-week trial you can get for EVE. That should be just enough to expose you to the game's simplest mechanics.

PS. Don't skip any of the tutorials.

RE: EVE Online - Coin - 10-04-2013

(10-04-2013, 02:34 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: I believe there is a free two-week trial you can get for EVE. That should be just enough to expose you to the game's simplest mechanics.

that's official folks - its gonna take more than two weeks before 87 is finished. a leading developer of the disco mod said earlier today "don't skip any of the eve tutorials".

RE: EVE Online - Tankman - 10-04-2013

(10-04-2013, 02:38 AM)Coin Wrote:
(10-04-2013, 02:34 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: I believe there is a free two-week trial you can get for EVE. That should be just enough to expose you to the game's simplest mechanics.

that's official folks - its gonna take more than two weeks before 87 is finished. a leading developer of the disco mod said earlier today "don't skip any of the eve tutorials".
Well then, time to play Terraria!

RE: EVE Online - Echo 7-7 - 10-04-2013

(10-04-2013, 02:38 AM)Coin Wrote:

It's not official unless it's in Developer golden-yellow.