Discovery Gaming Community
New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? (/showthread.php?tid=105655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Zen_Mechanics - 10-07-2013

I am glad that The Order is now "mehm screwed* and given that zoners cannot ally anyone, but wouldn't we push this further and cast them out from the supply chain as well? think how lovely it would be to actually be "welcomed" in malta/or in-house space now that zoners deal less with outlaws, perhaps it would be another way of shrinking this evil syndrom upon them, after all considering the current events, and after the so called "liberation" of theta - and the so called " independence" from the corsairs; the zoners no longer need the order's protection, which is what it goes down to at bottom - the reason why this move is perhaps essential, is because the order doesn't get the job done and perhaps it is officialy time for them to "officialy" align themselves with the guild-core, again a good reputation boost ( less with outlaws ofcourse but outlaws can't really dump zoners, and sairs and outcasts still would'nt mind ).

Speculations ofcourse, but I would strongly suggest to push the zoners to a somewhat "semi-lawful" or "welcomed" in house space status kinda way. Also, reduce the order's tech-nerf to 10% since Ive said many times throughout the years, zoner technologies are exclusive with themselves and it is sad that only the ZBT-Whale is enforced.

Some would say its my bit of "hatred" toward the faction, but a quick look at my history will reveal that it is nearly a cosmetic reason, my reasoning is that two groups who do absoluotly nothing with each-other, one group does more ofcourse ( guess who that is ) and the other does not - The order raging war against the outcasts disturbs me as a corsair and as a zoner, both know full well that outcasts are/and capable of doing more damage than "toledo" - and should these "attacks" continue I believe it will do more harm than good - ( look at the gallic attempt ).

I would urge the offical factions to rely diplomacy with trade corporations in house space, and deal more with lawfuls while continuing the "black-market" cash rolling in.

Now heres my "bit of hatred" that ive mentioned above :

I had many problems with the current leader, not the former one - for obvious reasons, but it does not change the fact that the shape of that faction has changed dramatically, for example they no longer invade iota ( which was done many times before he came in office ) - however many "unusual raids" in house-space against.. oh well who knows what, ofcourse I have to grant that this is not a hundred precent accurate, but I don't even see the numbers yet until now. Perhaps now that they have the dragons and the colonials ( Im guessing unless summer thinks otherwise ) they have a better place to get "supplies" from - no matter how far they are, because lets be frank, if they can go all the way up to hokkaido or whatnot, surely supplies can go backwards as well now do they? - This should go to their feedback page, but as usual it will be dissmissed as a "hateful-racist-xenophobic-bigoted" comment not worth reading.

Never have I said that actions in-game have its.. "down-sides" as people never tire of telling me, but should I mention this more than once - all of whom Im in contact with are all looking at the ground as if nothing has happend - this Im afraid to say is -popularity- but I can't stop thinking that if discovery was a born-again christian house-whole, all of them would be clergy.

Cheers

RE: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Omicron - 10-07-2013

[Image: maximum_overtroll__by_palalga-d5o9qvy.jpg]

Serious mode on:

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: we push this further and cast them out from the supply chain as well?

Sure but not until Freeport 11 is removed by Nomads and Omicron 74 is turned into scrap metal. Freeport 9, Corfu and Freeport 5 being threatened alongside endangering all Zoners Sirius-wide because of The Order does not exactly tolerate traitors.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: think how lovely it would be to actually be "welcomed" in malta/or in-house space now that zoners deal less with outlaws, perhaps it would be another way of shrinking this evil syndrom upon them

Since when Zoners care about house space? They escaped government control to live more or less free, not to beg their back in to <put a house name here>

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: after all considering the current events, and after the so called "liberation" of theta - and the so called " independence" from the corsairs

[Image: 3NHZJX5b.jpg]

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: it is officialy time for them to "officialy" align themselves with the guild-core, again a good reputation boost

Rofl k, allying with faction that ideologically is so apart from my own ideals that in reality would cause a nuclear war should such groups aquire those means. Not to mention Toledo was to big part also Core's making.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: Speculations ofcourse, but I would strongly suggest to push the zoners to a somewhat "semi-lawful" or "welcomed" in house space status kinda way. Also, reduce the order's tech-nerf to 10% since Ive said many times throughout the years, zoner technologies are exclusive with themselves and it is sad that only the ZBT-Whale is enforced.

Ever seen Hathor?

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: Some would say its my bit of "hatred" toward the faction

[Image: ProfilePhotos02.jpg]

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: but a quick look at my history will reveal that it is nearly a cosmetic reason, my reasoning is that two groups who do absoluotly nothing with each-other, one group does more ofcourse ( guess who that is ) and the other does not - The order raging war against the outcasts disturbs me as a corsair and as a zoner, both know full well that outcasts are/and capable of doing more damage than "toledo" - and should these "attacks" continue I believe it will do more harm than good - ( look at the gallic attempt ).

As if any of the Outcast official faction would want to hunt you... and Corsairs are deffinately more than okay with us hunting OC. In fact they assisted us with Alpha raids once in a while, ask Benitez dudes for most recent example of it.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: I would urge the offical factions to rely diplomacy with trade corporations in house space, and deal more with lawfuls while continuing the "black-market" cash rolling in.

Against Zoner lore. They are not interhouse traders, they are people that refuse to live in houses.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: I had many problems with the current leader, not the former one - for obvious reasons, but it does not change the fact that the shape of that faction has changed dramatically

"Bolevara" Rodent, Tommy the pimp and Ilya the crazy grammar Russ - people that were the past leaders before me are fairly convinced they do not want to have anything in common with you or situation you stirred up in Omicrons. Up to me to clean up this mess.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: for example they no longer invade iota ( which was done many times before he came in office ) - however many "unusual raids" in house-space against.. oh well who knows what, ofcourse I have to grant that this is not a hundred precent accurate, but I don't even see the numbers yet until now.

We have better things to do than to lolwut raid Iota with Osirises. Example:
This and that

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: Perhaps now that they have the dragons and the colonials ( Im guessing unless summer thinks otherwise ) they have a better place to get "supplies" from - no matter how far they are, because lets be frank, if they can go all the way up to hokkaido or whatnot, surely supplies can go backwards as well now do they? - This should go to their feedback page, but as usual it will be dissmissed as a "hateful-racist-xenophobic-bigoted" comment not worth reading.

You should refrain from commenting upon factions that you have no idea about at all: besides The Order, add Blood Dragons to the list of groups you do not know lore of.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: Never have I said that actions in-game have its.. "down-sides" as people never tire of telling me, but should I mention this more than once - all of whom Im in contact with are all looking at the ground as if nothing has happend

*patiently stares at Omicron 74* Soon.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: - this Im afraid to say is -popularity- but I can't stop thinking that if discovery was a born-again christian house-whole, all of them would be clergy.

Que?

(10-07-2013, 02:54 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: Simple, turn the order to gallia's allies ( since its current leader resembles theocracy ) bring back the phantoms as suggested earlier ( since their main goal was to destroy the nomads ) - everybody is a winner.

[Image: 250px-The_Emperor_of_mankind_by_Noldofinve.jpg]

RE: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Divine - 10-07-2013

Where to start with you this time, now that I decided to reply...

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: ...think how lovely it would be to actually be "welcomed" in malta...
If you're as Zoner with incoming goods not "welcomed" at Malta, you screwed something seriously up on your end.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: ...perhaps it is officialy time for them to "officialy" align themselves with the guild-core,...
Please do. Corsairs, Outcasts, every other unlawful group ... will sure like you much more if you "align" yourself to the Hunters Guild. And Order won't be there anymore to catch the bullet for you should events go down. May I remind you that nearly all of your facilities are located within by powerful "pirate" groups contested space?

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: that outcasts are/and capable of doing more damage than "toledo"...
That's news to me.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: I would urge the offical factions to rely diplomacy with trade corporations in house space, and deal more with lawfuls while continuing the "black-market" cash rolling in.
At least to maltese economy you're not needed. Some more cooperative Zoner aligned groups are out there, should be a need for a Zoner. For anything else, be assured we got our assets covered.

(10-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: but it does not change the fact that the shape of that faction has changed dramatically, for example they no longer invade iota ( which was done many times before he came in office ) - however many "unusual raids" in house-space against..
Yes, the Order has changed. They're now more focused on all the other activities they're capable of doing within their RP-boundaries as this group, and their horizon has spread to ensure this group to have itself set after what was done to Toledo.
Don't get me started about the "Iota-Raids".

Hey, I'm all for your "proposed changes". This will finally put Zoners in a position they'll have absolutely frakked themselves up and will fall into oblivion, whilst the Zoner groups sporting their own IDs won't be much affected by this.

RE: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Narcotic - 10-07-2013

Thread cleaned. The next non-topic related poster will get a 24h holiday. You were warned.

RE: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - kikatsu - 10-07-2013

You can always try to handle this stuff from an in game or character perspective as well, try to negotiate with people you know are supplying the Order and see if you can sway them.... but as people above me have pointed out, the Zoners have little to do with House space, and colonizing the edges of Nomad space has risks and lore wise just about everyone out there needs some assistance in fending them off. The Order just happen to specialize in that and lives right next door. As for supplies the Order receives, I am sure the Zoners lore wise ship a lot, but given the fact that the Order has agents all over the place I would imagine they have more secretive ways of getting supplies. A cargo shipment goes missing, suddenly turns up a week later in Mu, go figure. That and the Order can always raid Core supply shipments and buy equipment through puppet companies or fake contacts.

Also something that seems to come up a lot in your posts, Tel, you seem to worry about where the Order can actually go... worth saying that despite the map of the ZoI on the info page, the Order's ZoI is all of Sirius, the ID reflects that now, and the official Order faction has their own ID allowing capital ship usage in every system, we even have a base in the middle of Sirius, so just for future reference that area of operations argument should not really matter much anymore. Yes, Iota is the big bad Nomad area, but the Order does not have a reason to raid it. Recon yeah, but an all out attack would be suicide, and likely could not get much done considering how well entrenched the Nomads are.

Also, nothing stopping you from aligning yourselves with the Core. They are not a bad group to invest in really, they are rich, have a lot of resources, and are determined to get a job done. And lore wise, they are doing a pretty good job so far, they managed to set up several bases deep in the Omicrons even while surrounded by Nomads, pirates, and Order ships. They know what they are doing. You just have to be ready for whatever in game repercussions come out of such an alliance.

RE: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Shizune - 10-07-2013

To be frank, the ID works for many Zoner factions; those that don't like it are those that want to shape the ID to fit their own wants and needs.

However many Zoner factions still support their allies and friends; remember the ID states CANNOT ALLY WITH ANYONE; this does not state in game factions; it means CANNOT ALLY with anyone In game no matter the reason or cause; does not effect our long term and short term allies.

And Ill say this; Allying to the Outcasts? And I thought people were high already...

Anyways moving back to the Order; the Order have many allies and many enemies; they don't just rely on the Zoner's for supplies; they now got the GC; BD; And many more; even look at the Guildcore; they are enemies of the Order but they backed off enough to give the Order some room to breath (Might be due to all the crap in Toledo to say...)

Well that's my two cents on this topic I guess.

RE: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Aazalot - 10-07-2013

I cant help but think this is more a whine from your specific Zoner group then anything to do with Zoners themselves.
for you to say it would be nice to be welcome in maltease Space. Well, FYI, we are. And im more then able to fly through Outcast without any issue either. So if your not able to under your Zoner tags, you did somethin wrong,

Pushing Zoners to be semi-lawful and welcomes in house space is fubar, its completely against the entire Ideal of what being a Zoner is. Even OSI whales, that are allowed to dock in house space have VERY little to do with it and most of the time thats just picking up supplies or flying through to get to Freeports.

The entire point of the Zoners is to be neutral
Quote:I would urge the offical factions to rely diplomacy with trade corporations in house space, and deal more with lawfuls while continuing the "black-market" cash rolling in.

We do that already.

OSI in rp supply both Order and core, we keep it under wraps since they are sworn enemies. We supply both Outcasts and Corsairs. Fact is we do it and we do it well. If you are having issues then as i said, you have screwed up somewhere.

The fact you say "we" as if those of us in the Zoner community see you as an integral part of us, which we dont. And push the Order from the supply line? Why? The rest of us despite a few hichups here and there, are fine with the order and happy supporters. So All this topic seems to be, again is you trying change things because of your own mistakes.

If the other Official and decent Zoner factions and other Zoner players who are worth a mention agree with me. The Zoner ID is fine as it is, has always been fine and this topic isnt needed

RE: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Zen_Mechanics - 10-07-2013

Oh no, That was off topic really. I do my zoner "stuff" "seceretly" yet somehow It always manages to go "public" - a polite way of saying "forum-meta", which then used against my "project" - most of these "criminals" belong to ABC n D - and they are quiet annoying. Now, official factions as proposed by "Aazalot" do not in any way represent the zoners, they may well indeed control the aspects of it, but to reach from point b to point A - indie zoners, all your work is still ahead of you - and regretfully you'r doing pretty much a bad job. You see, official factions have responsibilites towards themselves and.. guess what, to indie zoners as well - Same principle woth the CoF which supports individual zoners, you on the other hand do not - you dont do anything because either you don't care, or simply because it poses no "threat" to you - and I believe you were one of the guys who have told me that actions have consequences, yet it only applies when "official factions" want it - so please, until you actually do the job you are supposed to do, don't say "everything" is perfect.

Another edit :

Good example of "consequences" is RH's osi cast, yet it only applies to you - imagine what would have happend if it was towards all zoners, after you - you claim to represent it? - Seriously now, I nearly suggested this "cut" with that orginization because ( and I feel good using it ) - inrp, zoners would be outlaws ( in a sane world ).

Quick edit : Zoner tech is exclusive, which means no one, including the imaginery "allies" should hold it - unless ofcourse its via ABCD, also - I don't know who said that, but Zoners have NO allies - claiming otherwise is.. outright stupid?

RE: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Thexare - 10-07-2013

Get over yourself.

You know why you keep running into problems with other factions? Because you piss people off. You go out of your way to provoke them. Even this topic is designed specifically to incite The Order.

I said before that you have no idea what you're talking about. That got invis'd, so I'll elaborate further so it's clear that I have a reason for it beyond my (incredibly low) opinion of you.

The Zoners have survived because they don't overtly take sides and The Order was helping them in the Omicrons before the Guild Core even existed. You are proposing going back on both of those, purely for OORP reasons.

Quote:Ive said many times throughout the years, zoner technologies are exclusive with themselves and it is sad that only the ZBT-Whale is enforced.
Zoner technology is not strictly restricted and never has been, with the exception of the battleship-grade caps and the Whale. What you want and what actually is are, as always, two vastly different things.

RE: New Zoner Infocard | Conduct? - Zen_Mechanics - 10-07-2013

Yes it is, and ignoring my valid points doesn't make your statement any "clever" - Typical "know-it-all" - I do hate dogma. So, do they represent zoners or not? If so, rephack the zoners to RH at once, if they don't - They can go dive in canaria for all I care.

This is one of the reasons why TAZ should be the ONLY zoner faction, because they actually DO something - other than creating popes Smile - so I find it hard to believe that if factions A and B represent the generic zoners, why aren't we hostile to gallia and RH? You have to wonder now don't you? - and if so, who draws that line in " here it does effect, and here it does not ).