Discovery Gaming Community
Allow multiboxing. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Allow multiboxing. (/showthread.php?tid=105705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Allow multiboxing. - lIceColon - 10-10-2013

I think some of you are having troubles understanding what is involved that would make this work so here's a friendly reminder to
READ THE DAMN OP
It will answer 70% of your questions

under the following conditions:
- only authenticated players who paid a certain amount of credits and proven they will not abuse this will be allowed to multibox, and this can be revoked at any time
- max 4 chars multiboxing, max 2 chars in the same system
- The player is able to RP all chars
- Only log 4 ships during off hours of <50 server activity. once server activity goes above 50 ppl, the player has 10 minutes to log off a ship to compensate.
- the player is allowed to log 2 ships when 50<server activity<100
- the player is only allowed 1 ship when server activity > 100
- The player is not causing server lag
- Only one transport may be logged at a time. Only one miner logged at a time. non exclusive (because come on self mining really isn't that bad)
edit 1 - All multiboxing ships will be tagged so that it is clearly indicated to be a multiboxing ship. this tag will also solve many other issues

The idea is this: Disco has low server activity, especially during off hours. So why not have more ships around? even the worst player with his attention divided across 4 ships is 10x better fun than a npc.

RE: Allow multiboxing. - Raphael Von Evil - 10-10-2013

Multiboxing is abandoned because of gameplay, not amount of players.

RE: Allow multiboxing. - sindroms - 10-10-2013

Welp, time to block off Magellan, Cortez, Galileo and Keplar with rogue dessies then.

RE: Allow multiboxing. - lIceColon - 10-10-2013

For starters, why not? assuming the rogues have that many dessies to spare. Of course, at the same time the new buffed NPCs will probably make you explode before you catch your first victim.

RE: Allow multiboxing. - Jonas Valent - 10-10-2013

Sorry don't like that idea one bit. Will only lead to a whole bunch of issues.

RE: Allow multiboxing. - lIceColon - 10-10-2013

issues that can be solved.
Multiboxing was banned because abuse, and limited server slots - both problems my proposed rules addresses.
(10-10-2013, 07:23 AM)sindroms Wrote: Welp, time to block off Magellan, Cortez, Galileo and Keplar with rogue dessies then.
then
(10-10-2013, 07:13 AM)lIceColon Wrote: under the following conditions:
only authenticated players who paid a certain amount of credits and proven they will not abuse this will be allowed to multibox, and this can be revoked at any time
Otherwise it's really just more responsibility and fun for the players, especially in simultaneous encunters rapidly switching personas trying to rp your way out of 4 different situations

RE: Allow multiboxing. - SMGSterlin - 10-10-2013

Nope.

Bad idea all around.

Will lead to a bunch of Q_Q, some confusing and complicated sanctions, and will lead to people having less interaction with other players, because now they can just do the role of two characters by themselves.

RE: Allow multiboxing. - sindroms - 10-10-2013

At the same time you'd get 4 transports per encounter to pirate.....

RE: Allow multiboxing. - Jonas Valent - 10-10-2013

Alright ill grant that in certain situations multiboxing would be nice (mining for example). I will admit there have been many times my miner has been lonely and I would have loved to log in my hauler. However I just don't see how it could be done in a way that would be fair. You run the risk of people running mini fleets that would harm game play authenticated users or not.

RE: Allow multiboxing. - Knjaz - 10-10-2013

Just make it so it's possible to multibox for 1-2 minutes, and after that you get kicked out.

PLEEEEEEASE.