Discovery Gaming Community
The Geb - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The Geb (/showthread.php?tid=105712)

The Geb - Thunderer - 10-10-2013

THE Geb. THEE Geb. There isn't an article capable of fully describing her extreme OPness. I've bought one two days ago and:

1) She costs only 360mils;
2) She has more than 900k base armor;
3) 7mil power, 220k recharge;
4) 12 light BS turrets, 4 medium, 2 heavy (with good arcs);
5) BS shield;
6) BS speed;
7) Dunkirk size;
8) 3 docking bays;
9) 18°/s vertical turning speed, about 15°/s horizontal;
10) you can mount cruiser turrets instead of the BS ones, or all light BS ones.
11) 1800 cargo space;
12) 1600 bots/bats.

Her flaws:

1) Fires only a few light slots straight upwards;
2) reverses 17m/s.

Isn't this too good for the price? Or is it simply a bug?

RE: The Geb - kikatsu - 10-10-2013

Well the ship was useless before. Order got a buff for once with this mod update.

RE: The Geb - Omicron - 10-10-2013

Cruiser guns and price must be a bug inherited from battlecruiser past.

I do not agree about arcs - they are atrocious. Primaries are total useless to pew anything that is not right in front of you. There is insufficient coverage of light slots upwards the ship.

RE: The Geb - Nerva - 10-10-2013

I actually tried to mount cruiser weapons on the Geb but it didn't work.
Those having cruiser weapons may be a leftover from 4.86. If they unmount said weapons, they shouldn't be able to mount them again.

RE: The Geb - Caconym - 10-10-2013

I tend to agree with Omicron. The arcs are horrible. Only thing shooting backwards for pewing caps are the two heavy slots, and they can't fire even slightly up, so if you try to do a flip while running away, you are dead. The cruiser turret part is nice. The agility and the armor too. If I'm not wrong, it's more agile than the Osiris, has more armor, is cheaper, and packs about the same punch stats-wise (even tho the Osiris arcs are much better. So if it's intentional, apart from the agility and the price, it's not really OP, just awesome.

RE: The Geb - Vendetta - 10-10-2013

The Geb is and always shall be my third favorite Cap in the game. I enjoy it for not only it's new stats, but it makes a decent Roleplay Platform.

RE: The Geb - Thunderer - 10-10-2013

(10-10-2013, 12:42 PM)Omicron Wrote: I do not agree about arcs - they are atrocious. Primaries are total useless to pew anything that is not right in front of you. There is insufficient coverage of light slots upwards the ship.

I never said all arcs are good. I said "2 heavy turrets (and with good arcs)". Those have good arcs, the prims don't, while the secondaries are decent. They just lack top coverage.

Also, about the cruiser turret thing - I've dueled a guy who has cruiser turrets mounted, whose Geb is older than 4.87. I've never tried mounting them (I did accidentally mount a cruiser shield, though), and if they can't be mounted, while the anti-cheat doesn't kick you, there is a problem.

(10-10-2013, 01:24 PM)Void_Nemesis_GOF2 Wrote: it's not really OP, just awesome.

She would be, if she wasn't sold for only 360mils. But I suppose that is a bug, which wasn't worth solving during the beta because everyone has unlimited funds?

PS: Also, battleship Thebes is invisible for some reason, except a few parts and guns. I've set my texture and object detail to their maximum.