Discovery Gaming Community
Faction Unique Ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Faction Unique Ships (/showthread.php?tid=105967)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Faction Unique Ships - 75th Mosquitos - 10-17-2013

I just read a thread that made me very sad and kinda 'dried up the pool' some more, so to speak. I just to be absolutely very totally clear.

Even if I were to make the entire ship (which is just a modified Storta destroyer anyway) which follows the long and extensive RP of the faction. Including interiors (not for freelancer obv, but i had intended to make the entire enterior for another game, so i <and my factionmates> can run around the ship), textures, basically everything freelancer needs to use the vessel ingame, text files/ hitbox /hardpoints the whole nine yards.

I wouldnt be allowed to physically have a unique vessel for the 75th?

Even though it has vast quantities of role play behind it with multiple factions official and not, also fully sensical reasons for it to exist again in the RP of our faction.

?

RE: Faction Unique Ships - Haste - 10-17-2013

No.

You cannot have nice things.

RE: Faction Unique Ships - Tankman - 10-17-2013

(10-17-2013, 10:14 PM)Haste Wrote: No.

You cannot have nice things.
This

RE: Faction Unique Ships - aerelm - 10-17-2013

The issue with unique ships is the age old question of "What should we do after the player(s) using it get bored and leave?". Unique ships can't be touched after they're actually added into the mod, because people on other servers may have developed their own characters to use that ship, but on the other hand, the original owner of the ship leaving after a while is almost a certainty, and the same even applies to factions, as we had two 'unique' factions disbanding recently and the question of "What to do with their toys now?" causing a good bit of headache among devs and admins.

This is basically why the current dev team has a "No more unique toys" policy. If recycling unique ships was as easy as how Player Faction IDs work right now, then granting unique ships would've been possible but as things currently are, posting a SRP for a different light/core/engine setup to make your ship somewhat unique is as far as it can go.

RE: Faction Unique Ships - Hidamari - 10-18-2013

hm.

well as stated above, the ship isnt unique from a base model perspective. its a modified Storta destroyer that has a large carrier bay on its underbelly, the ship itself was restored from virtually nothing which is how this modification came into being to begin with, it was a totall wreck.

the wreck was towed by cable in game from O85 to O81 took ages moving at 20ms with 2 Salvagers, one pulling from the front, one keeping the wreck drifting off from the rear.

it was towed to Cartegena shipyard in O-81 where it was left for 6 IRL months to undergo the extensive refit and rebuild necessary to make it useful to the scout squadron (because we didnt need a destroyer we needed somewhere we could base from that could be mobile, and due to limited inrp resources the destroyed Storta hull was all we could afford to buy from 101st)

With invaluable supply help again from the junkers the ship eventually was fixed up to its current build which is only able to dock scimitar class vessels specifically, and nothing else.

i dunno why i just explained all that here.

As for what to do with the ship in the very unlikely event nobody uses it anymore im pretty sure the modified destroyer could be reused by any outcast, or in the event of its capture anyone who managed to capture it. it wouldnt suddenly have battleship guns or a battleship shield or anything of the sort, it would just be a little bigger and a little slower than the current Storta model.

RE: Faction Unique Ships - Coin - 10-19-2013

make them open use after faction is disbanded/player leaves

RE: Faction Unique Ships - Aphil - 10-19-2013

I feel as if the ships that people don't use anymore can somehow be repurposed. For example, Narcotic uses the Necrosis as his vessel!

I'm sure if the admins were willing to consider SRP's of the unique ships after their original owners were gone, then it'd work out nicely!

RE: Faction Unique Ships - a7om - 10-19-2013

i agree 100%. Just make them available to everyone

RE: Faction Unique Ships - aakopa - 10-19-2013

I don't agree, if someone makes hard work for ship, models, textures it...etc, I think it shouldn't be available to everyone.

RE: Faction Unique Ships - Aphil - 10-19-2013

(10-19-2013, 06:40 AM)aakopa Wrote: I don't agree, if someone makes hard work for ship, models, textures it...etc, I think it shouldn't be available to everyone.

It's more of a matter of what happens when the people who work for that ship end up leaving. It usually ends up just sitting around, completely unused. We're basically discussing what should happen when those people leave so that the Devs will accept unique ships.