Discovery Gaming Community
Imperium Mars Fillius - Classis Aetheria Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Imperium Mars Fillius - Classis Aetheria Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=106212)

Imperium Mars Fillius - Classis Aetheria Recruitment - Zephyranthes - 10-22-2013

[Image: RecruitmentPoster_zpsd809384f.png]

After having endured the months of torment at the hands of boot camp centurions, drilling and inspection on everything from dogfighting to dishwashing, and physical conditioning that would leave most men dead, you finally arrive at the glorious halls of Castra Invicta. This is the home of the legionaries who have been fortunate enough to be able to fly in the newly-explored frontier of space, men who have prepared to make history. As you make your way through the metal corridors, you can see massive construction and renovation taking place all over the station, indicating that the Imperium has been putting in extreme amounts of effort and care towards this program.

Finally, you arrive at a small room located near the living quarters of one of the two garrisoned legions, Legio V Macedonica and Legio IV Flavia Felix. It is sparse, save for a bearded man who you greet with a salute, placing your fist over your left breast and extending it towards him. With a nod of his head, he gestures for you to be at ease, and sit down.

"So, you think you've got what it takes to join the Classis Aetheria, eh? Well, before you go anywhere, you're going to have to fill these out." he says, handing you a pile of application papers, waivers, and other forms. He points to a small table with a red pen that he then hands to you. After making your way over, you take a look down at the forms, and begin filling them out.

Code:
[color=#DCDCDC][u][b]inRP Section[/b][/u]
[b]Name (Must be a proper Roman name, i.e. have a praenomen, nomen, cognomen, etc. see link at bottom of post for details):[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender (Women must be granted prior permission by the Imperator):[/b]
[b]Blood type:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Any past medical problems:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Family members (if any):[/b]
[b]Letters of recommendation/references:[/b]
[b]Prior experience/training/education (basic training does not count):[/b]
[b]Approval of family patriarch (omit if eldest male of family):[/b]
[b]Lastly, do you swear by the various gods and unbreakable oaths that you will follow your commander wherever he may lead you? Will you will obey his orders enthusiastically and without question? Will you relinquish the protection of Fillii civil law and accept the power of your commanders to put you to death without trial for disobedience or desertion? Will you promise to serve under the standards for your allotted time of duty and not to leave before your commander discharges you? And will you will serve the Imperium faithfully, even at the cost of your life, and will respect the law with regard to civilians and your comrades in the camp?:[/b]

[u][b]OORP Section[/b][/u]
[b]How long have you played Disco?:[/b]
[b]Have you been in other faction(s)? If so, what rank(s) are you?:[/b]
[b]How much do you know about the Romans? If you don't know much, how willing are you to learn?:[/b]
[b]How much are you willing to dedicate yourself to the faction:[/b]
[b]S.K.Y.P.3. Protocol ID:[/b][/color]

// See this link for naming assistance.

RE: Imperium Mars Fillius - Classis Aetheria Recruitment - Kampanom - 10-22-2013

inRP Section
Name (Must be a proper Roman name, i.e. have a praenomen, nomen, cognomen, etc. see link at bottom of post for details): Vibius Pontius Agricola
Gender (Women must be granted prior permission by the Imperator): male
Blood type: A
Height: 179 cms
Any past medical problems: Only a bigger sensitivity to sunlight, but it's nothing relevant
Background: I was born on Mundus Nostrum 27 years ago. My father was a small landowner, he had a farm where I grew in while my mother came from the nearby town of Capua Nova. For the initial 12 years of my life, calm and quiet life in the countryside was all I knew. Then I moved in nearby Capua Nova for apprenticeship. After a few years, I had my stand in the local market, initially selling surplus products of my farm (it was mostly geared for subsistence of our family) and splitting the earnings with my family, to then move to other buying sources. It was a static, repetitive and meaningless life. At age 25 bandits sacked and burned the farm during the night, killing my parents in the process. A few months of mourning and I realized what to do with my life: I had no more parents to feed, the farm was burned to the ground, unproductive, and the slaves were dead. I sold the land for a meagre sum and then, animated by curiosity and patriotism, I decided to join the Classis Aetheria. A new world was discovered beyond the Sicilia hole, a world inhabitated by stuttering idiots with barbarian customs and even worse codes of morality, awaiting to be either exterminated or civilized. And I would like to play a role in this process, no matter how small that may be.
Family members (if any): both deceased
Letters of recommendation/references: none
Prior experience/training/education (basic training does not count): Decent experience with farming and trading
Approval of family patriarch (omit if eldest male of family): none
Lastly, do you swear by the various gods and unbreakable oaths that you will follow your commander wherever he may lead you? Will you will obey his orders enthusiastically and without question? Will you relinquish the protection of Fillii civil law and accept the power of your commanders to put you to death without trial for disobedience or desertion? Will you promise to serve under the standards for your allotted time of duty and not to leave before your commander discharges you? And will you will serve the Imperium faithfully, even at the cost of your life, and will respect the law with regard to civilians and your comrades in the camp?: I do

OORP Section
How long have you played Disco?: About a year and a half, with some interruptions
Have you been in other faction(s)? If so, what rank(s) are you?: I've been in three factions: RoL, where I was a low-grade merchant, Shades of Sol, wich I left a few days ago, I was the equivalent of a co-leader, and Oikogeneia tou Koraki, where I'm a Varangian, wich is the third higher grade
How much do you know about the Romans? If you don't know much, how willing are you to learn?: Not much except a very vague idea of its military and class system, but I'm willing to learn, for the sake of a better roleplay and of personal knowledge
How much are you willing to dedicate yourself to the faction: I'm quite free these days, meaning I can guarantee even 5 days of gameplay every week
S.K.Y.P.3. Protocol ID: mamerte93

RE: Imperium Mars Fillius - Classis Aetheria Recruitment - Evo - 10-22-2013

inRP Section
Name (Must be a proper Roman name, i.e. have a praenomen, nomen, cognomen, etc. see link at bottom of post for details): Tiberius Tullius Atellus
Gender (Women must be granted prior permission by the Imperator): Male
Blood type: AB+
Height: 186 cm
Any past medical problems: Childhood case of asthma, disappeared with time and luck.
Background: Born to Lucia Tullius Atella, Tiberius spent most of his life shielded from the outside due to being a bastard conceived by Lucia and Quintus Calpurnius Brutus. Quintus was formerly a well known large estate owner. He owned a plantation operated on by many slaves and had a large family with a wife and six children.

After learning that his affair generated a child, Quintus demanded Lucia to put the child down or he would do so himself. Lucia refused and defied him openly, going so far as to tell his wife about what happened. As a result of this, Quintus's wife committed suicide after slitting the throats of their six children while they were sleeping. Distraught by grief and rage, Quintus focused entirely on finding Lucia and his bastard to inflict revenge. His entire estate degraded and eventually was swept out from under him by competing plantation owners eager to expand on lands closer to the city.

Lucia fled and went into hiding after this, raising Tiberius herself as a single mother. His childhood was deprived to say the least, he did not receive a conventional education both from an issue of money and simply the danger of being seen outside.

Tiberius waited out his childhood, yearning for word that his father had passed or given up. The word never came, but he continued waiting for it until he turned 18. At a loss of what to do, he enlisted not to serve but to learn to defend himself if the need arose. So he packed his bags and left home for really one of the first times in his life.

He was viewed by his trainers as an extremely odd individual who never spoke much but managed to excel because of some undetermined motivation he never spoke of. Tiberius was never one for rising through ranks or asserting himself, he merely bettered himself quietly and didn't bring too much attention. He was viewed as one of the better combatants in his class, yet his lack of education severely cripples him in some situations.

Eventually, Quintus found him and paid off his trainers and another student in anticipation of a sparring match one day. It was simple, the trainers were to ignore anything they would normally interrupt being that this was a normal training exercise, and the student was to kill him. Unluckily for the student, Tiberius had been preparing for this his entire stay. He used everything he'd learned and smashed the student's head quite literally into a pulp.

The funny thing is, Quintus died celebrating his victory before it was achieved through a bit too much wine. Hearing that he was dead, Tiberius darkly looked on at what was to come of his life. No education, no money, no direction on where to go. He decided to stick to his enlistment and beyond, making lemonade out of the lemons he'd been given.

Family members (if any): Lucia Tullius Atella
Letters of recommendation/references: None.
Prior experience/training/education (basic training does not count): None, aside from the mandated training.
Approval of family patriarch (omit if eldest male of family): I am the eldest.
Lastly, do you swear by the various gods and unbreakable oaths that you will follow your commander wherever he may lead you? Will you will obey his orders enthusiastically and without question? Will you relinquish the protection of Fillii civil law and accept the power of your commanders to put you to death without trial for disobedience or desertion? Will you promise to serve under the standards for your allotted time of duty and not to leave before your commander discharges you? And will you will serve the Imperium faithfully, even at the cost of your life, and will respect the law with regard to civilians and your comrades in the camp?: I solemnly swear to do so.

OORP Section
How long have you played Disco?: Two years.
Have you been in other faction(s)? If so, what rank(s) are you?: A lot. Rank-wise, mainly a grunt or higher grunt aside from XA which I lead.
How much do you know about the Romans? If you don't know much, how willing are you to learn?: Squat. I'm willing to learn as needed, of course.
How much are you willing to dedicate yourself to the faction: Entirely depends, how much I'm willing to dedicate really isn't worth much. Schedule's a bit iffy. I'd definitely be able to log several times a week.
S.K.Y.P.3. Protocol ID: thatthirdguy.. Display name: Evo

RE: Imperium Mars Fillius - Classis Aetheria Recruitment - Zephyranthes - 10-23-2013

[Image: Spurius-Aebutius-Bulbus_zps203611e2.png]
-Incoming Transmission...-
-Transmission Received-
-Transmission Encryption: Pointlessly Thin-
-Displaying Message...-

Well now, Caesar himself would be glad to have had a batch of young and fit volunteers such as these. Now, onto your forms.

V. Pontius Agricola...
As a country boy myself, I can sympathize with your plight. The legions have recently been attempting to crack down on bandits, but there unfortunately always seems to be a pocket of the scum that seems to elude the long arm of the law. But with the fire you have in your belly, you might be one of the finer warriors on station. Welcome, Tiro, for your application has been accepted for review by the proper authorities. Please stand by for further contact via your S.K.Y.P.3. communicator.

Ti. Tullius Atellus...
A rather nasty bit regarding your father's ill-conceived mission of revenge. If he was not dead already, he would have paid dearly for his crimes. If you provide us with information regarding the bribed trainers, we can dispense military justice upon them as well, for corruption is something not tolerated in the Imperator's armies. Regardless, you seem to be a worthy young man who can be given a good purpose in life through service to the Imperium, so long as we don't find any other soldiers randomly dying in sparring matches. You have been assigned the rank of Tiro, and therefore have been accepted for review by the proper authorities. Stand by for further contact via your S.K.Y.P.3. communicator.

You've come this far, recruits. You will not let the Imperium down.

Vale,
Sp. Aebutius Bulbus
Centurio, Supervisor of Classis Aetheria Recruitment

RE: Imperium Mars Fillius - Classis Aetheria Recruitment - Euca - 03-30-2016

bump. we're still looking for new members.

RE: Imperium Mars Fillius - Classis Aetheria Recruitment - Zephyranthes - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 04:53 AM)Wulverine Wrote: bump. we're still looking for new members.

Uh, please ignore the man here. This faction has been dead for three years.

RE: Imperium Mars Fillius - Classis Aetheria Recruitment - Ace Razgriz - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 05:06 AM)Zephyranthes Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 04:53 AM)Wulverine Wrote: bump. we're still looking for new members.

Uh, please ignore the man here. This faction has been dead for three years.

We're bringing

*Puts CSI sunglasses on*

Imperium Back