Discovery Gaming Community
Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. (/showthread.php?tid=106261)

Pages: 1 2

Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - Singularis - 10-22-2013

Greetings, oh great Discovery makers. For long time, Discovery Freelancer was my favorite space sim of them all, with all that complexity, with factions, lots of ships, still going on patching and lots of players... it was (and it is!) really immersive and addicting.
But unfortunately, a year ago I had to go to the military (I am in Russia, and yes, here we HAVE to go to the military for one year), and after I came back, I found out that my account has been wiped! I was really... sad... about that, if not to say more. I really have put some effort into those ships, especially Aramis, my beloved Spatial.
I wonder, why would that happen? I still have the exact same account number, I use Discovery Launchpad.
Also, I have a second question. Um, what have you done to Spatial with the last patch? Why would you do that to its model? Before it really gave a feeling that you pilot a Deep Space Explorer, as it states... now it just looks... ridicolous! I really would love to play again, but with those two things happened... I don't know anymore. I'm sorry.

RE: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - evanz - 10-22-2013

if you've played FL for a long time, then surely you would of known that if an account wasn't logged in for 6 months then it gets wiped

RE: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - Singularis - 10-22-2013

Well I didn't, at least I wasn't sure... now that sucks.
Is there anything that can be done about this?
Also, what about Spatial? maybe some other ship has its model now? (the same thing happened to IMG transport, as I recall)

RE: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - Valrin - 10-23-2013

Nope...Spatial now looks like that....no ship stole it's model.
It's not to bad....just looks like a Eagle on steriods xD

RE: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - mayu20 - 10-23-2013

I agree with Rabbit, old spatial looked greate.

RE: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - Lonely Werewolf - 10-23-2013

Aye the old model was sexy, however it was an import and discovery is trying to weed out and stop using imports.

RE: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - sindroms - 10-23-2013

Which is why the Firefly still is right there.

RE: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - Veygaar - 10-23-2013

(10-23-2013, 06:00 AM)sindroms Wrote: Which is why the Firefly still is right there.

Touch it and you die. Serenity is here to stay ok?

RE: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - sindroms - 10-23-2013

Nah, if we want to go all srsbsns, we either remove all imports or let them stay.

RE: Long time gone, came back and unpleasantly surprised. - Scumbag - 10-23-2013

Nobody delivered a good enough model for the Firefly to be replaced. At least not in time for 4.87. And this spatial is fugly.

That being said:

Take my love, take my land take where i cannot stand...