Discovery Gaming Community
How Much Time To Refresh A Character??? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: How Much Time To Refresh A Character??? (/showthread.php?tid=106307)

How Much Time To Refresh A Character??? - KAWISH-ALI - 10-23-2013

as title says, how much stay online on a character to refresh it? i mean its not just login and logout? any admin answer will be more good. thanks

RE: How Much Time To Refresh A Character??? - Remnant - 10-23-2013

I assume you mean the refresh, where the server removes your character if you stay offline for 5-6 months or so?

Just a simple log in, undock, dock, log out will do.

(The undock isn't required as far as I know, though its better safe than sorry)

RE: How Much Time To Refresh A Character??? - aerelm - 10-23-2013

(08-07-2013, 01:12 PM)aerelm Wrote:
Basically, all the options people are suggesting works. The reason behind it is, to define how the inactivity wipe system works: A character with no action logged for 6 months will be automatically deleted from the database. Now with that in mind, people tend to pick whichever "action" convenient to them. Undocking, selling or buying cargo, entering a command, etc. are all considered logged actions and you simply need to do one of them to make sure your char will not be deleted for the next 6 months.

What I personally do is to log the char, sell and rebuy a nanobot, and log off. That's enough to keep the char "active", and there are a lot of accs I'm keeping alive for other people who're on a break from Disco. I don't fly them, and simply do what I mentioned above once every few months. None of the chars have been wiped even though some of those accs have not been used at all for over 2 years now.

RE: How Much Time To Refresh A Character??? - KAWISH-ALI - 10-23-2013

(10-23-2013, 09:20 PM)Moveit56 Wrote: I assume you mean the refresh, where the server removes your character if you stay offline for 5-6 months or so?

Just a simple log in, undock, dock, log out will do.

(The undock isn't required as far as I know, though its better safe than sorry)

(10-23-2013, 09:25 PM)aerelm Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 01:12 PM)aerelm Wrote:
Basically, all the options people are suggesting works. The reason behind it is, to define how the inactivity wipe system works: A character with no action logged for 6 months will be automatically deleted from the database. Now with that in mind, people tend to pick whichever "action" convenient to them. Undocking, selling or buying cargo, entering a command, etc. are all considered logged actions and you simply need to do one of them to make sure your char will not be deleted for the next 6 months.

What I personally do is to log the char, sell and rebuy a nanobot, and log off. That's enough to keep the char "active", and there are a lot of accs I'm keeping alive for other people who're on a break from Disco. I don't fly them, and simply do what I mentioned above once every few months. None of the chars have been wiped even though some of those accs have not been used at all for over 2 years now.

Thanks alot. Smile