Discovery Gaming Community
Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? (/showthread.php?tid=106631)

Pages: 1 2

Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - Lythrilux - 10-31-2013

We never really got a reason why these two perfect ships were changed. Or at least I didn't. Why were they nerfed?

RE: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - sindroms - 10-31-2013

Because they were the image of the two most widely used ships in the game and vanila freelancer.

RE: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - LunaticOnTheGrass - 10-31-2013

Honestly something that I feel makes some sense in regards to their nerf is how old the Sabre and Eagle lines are.

Both are still very viable, reliable ships, but as technology continues to improve in the colonies, the Eagle and Sabre might start to become outdated in the eyes of groups. Corporate entities like IC might try using the spiffy new Renzu line. The Maltese decided at long last to usher in the new incarnation of their shipline and relegate the venerable Borderworlds ships to secondary and tertiary pilot duty.

Honestly I like to imagine that situation in a RP-able context like that.

RE: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - Lythrilux - 10-31-2013

(10-31-2013, 12:19 AM)LunaticOnTheGrass Wrote: Honestly something that I feel makes some sense in regards to their nerf is how old the Sabre and Eagle lines are.

Both are still very viable, reliable ships, but as technology continues to improve in the colonies, the Eagle and Sabre might start to become outdated in the eyes of groups. Corporate entities like IC might try using the spiffy new Renzu line. The Maltese decided at long last to usher in the new incarnation of their shipline and relegate the venerable Borderworlds ships to secondary and tertiary pilot duty.

Honestly I like to imagine that situation in a RP-able context like that.

The thing I find weird with the eagle at least, is that it went from being a perfectly useable ship to being really awful. The only RP reasoning I can think of is that someone simultaneously sabotaged every CTE Eagle in existence. Same applies for Sabre too really.

RE: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - Hone - 10-31-2013

Something I dont get; is I hear the sabre at least, was initially buffed from Vanilla for Disco. Now its been nerfed again? Why not just keep all the vanilla VHFs with their vanilla stats? Seems best to me.

RE: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - Kazinsal - 10-31-2013

I didn't even notice they had been nerfed.

Explains why I can actually kill an Eagle in a Raven's Talon now.

RE: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - Govedo13 - 10-31-2013

They swapped their cores with each other- bad and stupid but still bearable.
They also done other changes as well? I haven't flown them since a lot of time.

RE: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - Coin - 10-31-2013

(10-31-2013, 12:19 AM)LunaticOnTheGrass Wrote: Honestly something that I feel makes some sense in regards to their nerf is how old the Sabre and Eagle lines are.

Both are still very viable, reliable ships, but as technology continues to improve in the colonies, the Eagle and Sabre might start to become outdated in the eyes of groups.

and sairs have to stick with the titan... slow, mine-sucking, energy-hungry gunned titan

RE: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - Zayne Carrick - 10-31-2013

(10-31-2013, 03:20 AM)Coin Wrote: and sairs have to stick with the titan... slow, mine-sucking, energy-hungry gunned titan

Poor corsairs!

RE: Reasoning behind Eagle and Sabre nerf? - LunaticOnTheGrass - 10-31-2013

Poor Corsairs in their 15k powercore, heavily armored ships.