Discovery Gaming Community
Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1068)

Angel Message Dump - Error - 11-19-2011

' Wrote:Sorry for posting here, but I couldn't find a Feedback thread for the Angels.

In New York, I encountered a player in game selling ships over the system channel. Thinking that this is completely ooRP and better left to the Ship Sale forum, I sent him a short PM. The following conversation occurred. (Names have been censored; he was M, I was A).

[19.11.2011 14:24:33] Mxxxxxxxxxxx: greets deer costumers
[19.11.2011 14:24:49] Mxxxxxxxxxxx: im selling a cau8, a AI batlecruiser and a Liberty dread
[19.11.2011 14:24:59] Mxxxxxxxxxxx: please contact me deer costumers
[19.11.2011 14:25:23] Axxxxxx: // Selling ships in game is ooRP. I don't think it's a good idea.
[19.11.2011 14:25:35] Mxxxxxxxxxxx: //isnt
[19.11.2011 14:25:44] Mxxxxxxxxxxx: //i already talk with many angels about this
[19.11.2011 14:26:07] Axxxxxx: // Then what's the Roleplay justification for selling a Navy Dreadnought?
[19.11.2011 14:26:32] Mxxxxxxxxxxx: //i have contact with a captain and i only sell to liberty comanders
[19.11.2011 14:26:52] Axxxxxx: // But a Navy captain doesn't buy his ship, he gets promoted.
[19.11.2011 14:27:16] Mxxxxxxxxxxx: //sir im not gonna discut this mether with you
[19.11.2011 14:27:19] Mxxxxxxxxxxx: bye bye

So my question is: when has selling ships in-game ever been a Roleplay action, and why would the Angels tell someone that it is? Note that this is clearly selling the entire character, not saying "Travel to California and buy a Mammoth while this discount still lasts!" which I would consider to be a justifiable roleplay. The only way for anyone to buy a Liberty Dreadnought is to head on over to the Comms Channel where Liberty conveniently has a thread just for that purpose.
Greetings - please see our feedback thread when you're back if you want to post anything else on the matter. I've given you a response there:

' Wrote:Greetings, and noted. We've already discussed this, actually - I've gotten reports about what I presume is the same person before, and we concluded in our Skype chat that it was a misunderstanding during communication between him (Mxxxsomethingfrenchsounding, I presume?) and an Angel at the time. I'll take it up again, though, as him saying "multiple Angels" confuses me when we just had a discussion regarding how doing that was ooRP in our Skype chat a week ago.

If anyone sees him in-game, please point him to this thread.

Thanks for the information. I'll attempt to contact him again.

Angel Message Dump - koske - 11-23-2011

[Image: ou39qu.jpg]
koske
Doing lot of stuff lately along with my angel work so, I can't remember every person that I helped and with what. I have shots that will confirm mortals being pleased with my assist.

[Image: angel1xp.jpg]

Angel Message Dump - Uncle Bob - 12-27-2011

oeps sorry posted wrong place

Angel Message Dump - Bootsiuv - 01-07-2012

So....after leaving for a spell, Error was gracious enough to let me try and earn my wings again, so to speak.

First run, back on the job, helped about 8 peeps over the course of an hour.

Didn't take any screenshots though. It was good times nonetheless.

Angel Message Dump - Bootsiuv - 01-07-2012

Went out for about an hour today....not too many questions. As a matter of fact, the only questions I had were regarding the liberty/rheinland war.

It's amazing how many people think it's over....

Angel Message Dump - Bootsiuv - 01-27-2012

Hmm...i guess no one posts in here anymore....heh. I blame skype.

Anyways. I've helped several individuals this evening with various issues...recieved a donation from capt....someone, darnit, forgot the name (I'll write them down in the future)

I have about 15 hours on my char so far....and it's actually quite enjoyable for me. Feel like I'm helping someone get over the daunting feeling that can be disco to a new player. Its nice. (sun)

So, yah....that's about all.

Peace.

Angel Message Dump - neko_soilder - 02-01-2012

Well, I'm acturally posting in the Message dumps *gasp*

Well, lets see when I first logged on I got someone messageing me oorp with the "//" over system, told them not to. Apparently they thought I was Koske or someone with a similar name to me >.<

Someone asked me for help on their roleplay background and nomenclature for a Kusari family, which made me get all nostalgic when I only played in Kusari for a few months so I helped them out.

I sent someone Lobster's way who wanted to join the [RM] and personally wrote a message of recommendation over the forums because i think the player has great potential in the community.

And last some miner faction asked me how to deal with new players who would leave after they where paid to help them out, and gave them some recommendations on how to roleplay with new players to try and integrate them into the community.

Oh did I mention this happened in a 20 minute time span where 2 people where always talking to me -_- My head hurt trying to keep track of the different conversations.

Well, that's all for now!

<3 Kiori <3

Angel Message Dump - neko_soilder - 02-03-2012

Just pulled another shift and helped 2 brand new players ^-^
Both of them seemed to have questions about the tech nerf Cannon made so i helped them out to the best of my abilities

Someone else was trying to find the shipyard in Cassini but I couldn't find the answer at the time, I told him to contact me on the forums. To the best of my knowledge I believe nonsence factory is the new shipyard?

Angel Message Dump - Bootsiuv - 04-22-2012

' Wrote:To the best of my knowledge I believe nonsence factory is the new shipyard?

I think so....del should know for sure. From what I've heard, I'll just say good luck finding the damn thing though. :crazy:

...and yes, I realize that post is 3 months old....but it seemed so lonely in here. Now it's more....current, and I find that strangely satisfying. :nyam:

Angel Message Dump - shemkel - 04-23-2012

First flight as Angel...
I didn't realise it's such a hard work.
3 folks pleased, one severly.
I'll jump in later tonight again.