Discovery Gaming Community
With regards to rule 3.2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: With regards to rule 3.2 (/showthread.php?tid=106955)

Pages: 1 2 3

With regards to rule 3.2 - MrWeeks - 11-07-2013

Quote:3.2 A player who was killed during a PvP fight in any form, must not enter the system where the fight took place or re-engage the attacker(s) for 2 hours from the time of their destruction, or until this ship leaves the game.

To me this rule seems pretty crystal clear but apparently there is clause that includes a "10 minute grace period" that allowed said dead player to respawn in that system and leave.

To me this is either a violation of rules or just a clause that wasn't included in the rules. And irritates me quite a lot as a pirate when I kill a trader hauling goods from that system, he dies, respawns and buys his haul again and when I stop him from leaving he says "What are you doing?" And when I inform the offender of the rule he has broken this "10 minute grace period" comes up and he leaves.

Now, maybe it's just me but doesn't that make the whole point of killing somebody who didn't pay up in a piracy roleplay a bit useless? Killing a trader who refused to pay a fine is a part of piracy roleplay. And being able to respawn and re-haul shouldn't be allowed.

So, may I please request an amendment to the rules with either the addition of the clause that if you die and respawn you have to leave hauling no cargo, or just not be allowed to respawn into the system at all. I'm sure a 2 hour break from trading would do them good.

RE: With regards to rule 3.2 - Thexare - 11-07-2013

My solution was always to just rob the guy again. But I do a fair bit of my piracy in transports, so it worked out pretty well.

RE: With regards to rule 3.2 - evanz - 11-07-2013

no, you got your kill, either he paid and left, or didn't and died either way, you got what you wanted

RE: With regards to rule 3.2 - MrWeeks - 11-07-2013

(11-07-2013, 10:11 AM)evanz Wrote: no, you got your kill, either he paid and left, or didn't and died either way, you got what you wanted

That's besides the point that they respawn and re-haul, the rule clearly states that a player that was killed "MAY NOT" re enter the system within 2 hours. There is no mention of a 10 minute grace period.

well if he spawned in that system what else can he do?, the 10 minute grace period, is honoured to allow him to leave

(11-07-2013, 10:17 AM)evanz Wrote: well if he spawned in that system what else can he do?, the 10 minute grace period, is honoured to allow him to leave

Well, that's the problem. Nowhere in the rules does it say anything about a 10 minute grace period. Also, if he spawned in that system he can F1 and play another char for 2 hours. No biggie right?

thats a good point actually, but if he doesnt have another character, what can he do?

i suppose thatll come down to how nice the "killer" is to him, allow him to leave or just crap on him on the sanction request posts

(11-07-2013, 10:21 AM)evanz Wrote: thats a good point actually, but if he doesnt have another character, what can he do?

We're getting into semantics here. He could always F1 and make a new character if that's the case. Helps you get to know the lay of the universe, you know?

And I don't play sanctionlancer. I just want clarification on the rules regarding this.

RE: With regards to rule 3.2 - JayDee Kasane - 11-07-2013

If trader dies and uses this tule as exuse to continue trade with same route - pirate him again. he must leave system, not do his bisness again. empty cargo. and preferable to another system then was his destination.
so by all means - pirate him again. nothing he can use as exuse to continue trading same way he did. unless you allow him ofc.

yep true, thats an option no problems with that, i suppose you can pirate him again, if he restocks

yes, i agree he should leave system , empty, go somewhere else, my question to you guys is rule 3.4, where it says if a player docks in a fight... what if you tried to pirate/kill him and he docks at a base which is his end destination anyway, does that still count as a pvp death because he docked?, but what if that was where he intended to go anyway, does he now have to leave for 2 hours?