Discovery Gaming Community
Fixer - A Junker's Tale - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Fixer - A Junker's Tale (/showthread.php?tid=107127)

Fixer - A Junker's Tale - Mímir - 11-11-2013

[Image: Moon-sam-rockwell-16527490-500-211.jpg]

10-23-820

This is me.

Two weeks left of my involuntary vacation at LPI Sugarland, and I just about had enough of this place. The pigs wanted to give it one last go - one final attempt to make me spill the beans - and figured the good ol' knuckles-to-face approach would work.

They say the polygraph tells them I am holding something back, that they know I'm hiding something, that I have credits stowed away somewhere in safety for me to collect when I have done my time in prison, credits the LPI - by all rights, their legal representative assured me - can confiscate and claim as theirs. What a wonderful world of private enterprise.

I told them the truth: I don't have a dime to my name.

Two years in the slammer is a long time, you forget how the outside is really like, and the outside forgets all about you. Your friends, your contacts, your networks; they all disappear - nobody wants to be associated with you and draw unwanted attention. When I get out I'll be starting over from scratch. On my own.

[Image: OiiSonx.png]

11-07-820

The Libertonians gave me a two week lease on this rust-bucket of a shuttle as part of their re-socialization programme, it's probably got a tracking device installed somewhere. I'll know as soon as I bring it to Beaumont.

I ran a chop-shop out there for 5 years, bringing in stolen ships from all of Liberty, refurbishing them and wiping their memory banks, making them untraceable before selling them on. It was a solid business, and we took great care to avoid handling any stolen corporate ships. We stayed under the radar for a long time, but I guess some asshole had his ship stolen, found out about us, and ratted us out. That's how I ended up in prison.

The shuttle might be a bugged-up deathtrap, but it will work for now. The North Dallas Debris Field holds a lot of valuable scrap if you know where to look, and this little boat can get me close enough to the good spots. A couple of days' work, and I'll head on to Puerto Rico and look for something better suited for scrap mining. It's as good a way as any to build some starting capital, although tiresome.

[Image: PCgLQim.png]

11-09-820

Went to Arecibo Base, got my hands on a Collector, and it's a little better suited for scrap mining but having to constantly dock to unload the tiny cargo hold is getting on my nerves. I swear to God I can kill the docking guy at Beaumont, and he must be sick and tired of constantly repeating the same sentence over and over again.

I tried to hire the "[*USI*]Albuquerque[E]" to fill up with scrap, giving me the chance to operate in the field for longer without having to dock, but the ion storms made the transfer of scrap impossible. The captain of the transport and I decided to give it another attempt at a later time, when the storms are fewer and further between.

Off to do some more mining. Must make credits faster.

[Image: bkubumv.png]