Discovery Gaming Community
Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type (/showthread.php?tid=107222)

Pages: 1 2 3

Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - sindroms - 11-13-2013

Yeah.

Imagine that fighters do 100% damage to other fighters. 150% damge to bombers. 80% to gunboats, 50% to cruisers, 10% to battleships.

Bombers do 10% damage to fighters (reducing their Sn damage to that of a mini razor), 100% against battleships, 80% to cruisers and transports, 60% to gunboats.

Light fighters do 100% to other fighters, 200% to bombers, 50%-10% to everything else.

Battleships do 10% to fighters, 100% to bombers, 100% to other battleships, cruisers and whatnot.

Cruisers do 10% to fighters, 100% to bombers, 200% against battleships, 50% against battlecruisers or whatever.

Values and precentage may vary, I am bad at math anyway. Nothing is a swiss army knife anymore.

RE: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - Xelon - 11-13-2013

Swiss knifes are awesome.

And it is an interesting Idea, but the rebalance that is required for this, makes me shiver.
And tbh it works quite well right now.

RE: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - aakopa - 11-13-2013

This don't make sense.

RE: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - Zayne Carrick - 11-13-2013

And we have swiss army knife now?
What is it?

RE: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - sindroms - 11-13-2013

Any group of fighters. 6 or more fighters rape everything. Just like any ship when spammed en masse.

RE: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - Zayne Carrick - 11-13-2013

And any ship spammed in mass shouldn't be countered only by another ship mass?
I'd say idea good, but something like 75%, 100% and 125% will fit better

RE: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - Govedo13 - 11-13-2013

How this could be done without ton of codding?
I share the same idea based on shield reflection function since more then a year- it does not looks like someone cares much.

RE: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - Fuiamadeira - 11-13-2013

To be honest i do not see the point of this.

If so, why would one bother to spend hundreds of millions or whatever if this were to be implemented?

Would be pretty much like, perhaps i am overstating, having a BS would be like having a Gunboat?

And then, perhaps some classes wouldn't make any sense on existing...

My best guess is, from what i have seen, and i'm new on Disco, let's leave it as it is,seems pretty good, game's start going down the drain when Developers take in consideration players wishes and to please them by introducing requested changes, ruining games.

Thrust me, i've seen it too often...

Best regards

RE: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - Lonely Werewolf - 11-13-2013

To be honest, I think it's unnecessary and confusing. So when you buy a certain ship, you have the headache of doing all the maths to work out how effective you will be vs other ship types. Right now you have your DPS + enemy armour x armour upgrade (and shield regeneration) to think about. Add agility and energy regen on top of that and it can make for a good long think about whether a fight is feasible or not.

While this is all doable adding these percentages, which need to be memorised on top of that, will really hurt my head. And it's unnecessary as it ought to be accomplishable through standard balancing I'd have thought anyways, with perhaps a few minor exceptions (SNAC vs vhfs for instance). I don't think a whole overhaul of the balance system would be worth it, for the small gains acquired here.

EDIT: Yes I posted using the wrong account. If a mod could shift this post to Lonely Werewolf, that would be great Aye lad - Summer

EDIT x2: Thankee!

RE: Introducing a precentage based damage system depending on ship type - Highland Laddie - 11-13-2013

No. Much work, and honestly not much different from what we have no if players just learn to fly their.ships and think on tactics more.