Discovery Gaming Community
Floating DeathTrap - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Floating DeathTrap (/showthread.php?tid=10724)

Floating DeathTrap - fdrp - 07-27-2008

These are log entries. From my ships computer. I have removed time and date stamps so readers of the logs cannot predict my movements.

*** "Arthur", personal log, Entry ID #1
My name is Art and I'm new to Sirius. My real name is *intentional crackles sound of plastic wrapper being played with*.
I have dreams but not a lot of credits. Fortunately, there are these guys called the "xenos" that everyone seems to hate, and they're pushover kills too. Even the starflier and weapons provided by the navy free of charge to new arrivals on manhattan allows one to tear them up. I haven't met a non pushover Xeno yet, but rumor has it they're terrorists. Hunting terrorists isn't enough to make me want to keep working for the navy though. Even the unlawful factions in New York don't like the xenos, so I don't have to be a totally straight guy to make money. I met some folks out in Jersey Debris field that sent me on tasks to kill them. All I had to do was return with escape pod, no questions asked. These guys are called the "Junkers" due to their love affair with scrap metal. They seem to have connections though. I am going to continue working for them.
*** End personal log

*** "Arthur", personal log, entry ID #2
I'm naming my civilian starflier the floating deathtrap, because as soon as I run into a chunk of metal in space, my shields drop and I'm as naked as I was back in my teen

years on manhattan.
*** End personal log

Floating Deathtrap, Log Entry ID #1
Commander Arthur of Floating Deathtrap reports:
This ship has visited some more junker bases, and decided to make the plunge and equip an official identification card. The junkers happily gave me this "flag", as long as I don't ask too many questions, and allow pirates to do their thing on these bases i've come to know and love. That's fine, I wasn't in the mood to ask questions anway. Police are beginning to hastle me, but I'm not on their bad list yet. I can still dock at their bases. Kill enough xenos and even the law will turn a blind eye. The house corporations too, although I've stopped docking at corporation bases. They cut in to my moneymaking too much, with their large-scale mining operations, competitive commodity pricing, and superior ships that make me fear for my cargo. I'm really not ready to blow them out of the water every time I see them, but i'm going to avoid doing business with them for now. After all, aptly named Flying Deathtrap isn't a match for them.
*** End ships log

*** "Arthur" personal log, entry ID #3
I have a "friend" in the junkers now named Phil. He and I both shared with eachother that our names are aliases. He thought it was funny to say he was me while going about

his business. I told him to stop that crap
*** End personal log

*** "Arthur" personal log, entry ID #4
I hate bounty hunters *crackle and static*
*** Abrubt end of personal log, perhaps the rest of the file is missing?

Floating Deathtrap, Log Entry ID #2
This is Junker Floating Deathtrap, Commander Arthur reporting in. Big report this time as what *feels* like "months" have gone by. The floating deathtrap has evolved! I

tried to modify it myself using slave labor from Beumont base, and ship design plans from Rochester.. I had slaves install my guns on it after I bought it, and they do the

targeting work my tractor beam as well sometimes. No fancy computer software for me!
*** End ships log

*** "Arthur" personal log, Entry ID #5
My ship is a designated very heavy fighter - "CSV II" currently but it looks like a buncha lanky scrap. I have flown it around in space for some time, collecting scrap metal near a wrecked ship in omicron alpha. Phil helped tractor in a bunch as well. When that got boring I smuggled cardamine from Omicron Alpha all the way into liberty space and sold many units at Rochester, only occasionally getting caught by the resident factions. Bounty hunters in Rheinland are relentless to junkers carring cardamine. I draw them into the debrees field though and let the unioners shoot at them. Hitting the rocks there gives my ships holes and oxygen leaks in it. I get away because the hunters say they won't chase me out into space for the "low" amounts that the Rheinland military will pay for my escape pod. I also got called a 'slaver' for hauling slaves on a seperate occasion, by a freelancer.
*** End personal log

*** "Arthur" personal log, Entry ID #6
I could use slave labor to modify my ship to make it even bigger and "better" to make up for my waning attractiveness to women. I smell like debree field sweat. You know that smell that happens on manhattan during a thunder storm? That's what debree field "sweat" smells like. Its the smell of progress. (I know what you're thinking if you're reading this journal entry). Well you may be right, but I plan to try anyway. Later today I am returning to rheinland space. I am going to thourghoughly scan some ships from a safe distance there. I will take note of the positions of the components, the armament if my scanner is able. I am planning on trying to jury rig my own ship and move it into sigma 13 to deal with bounty hunters, and kusari corporations there. Protecting Yanagi depot from raids and commercial pressure. I'm not a pirate, but I will take care of kusari hogosha people outside their space, since they won't even let me set foot in theirs. If this turns out anything like my CSV project i'll have to constantly be buying oxygen from Junkers Yanagi depot, and selling metallic parts of my ship that fall off, to pay for it. Phil has offered to finance purchasing parts, optronics, and slaves to assemble it.
*** End personal log

*** "Arthur" personal log, Entry ID #7
I got ahead of myself, I don't even know if this thing I'm envisioning will ever fly. I'd like to get some kind of reassurance from you, but you're just a ships computer. What are you going to tell me other than yes master, give me more hfuel. Gee, i'm going crazy from all this time in the scrap fields. Still going on recon mission to rheinland. Will leave contraband at home in case I get stopped. For now, CSV II for me.

"Arthur" personal log, entry ID #8
A certain shipyard watchman who was disgruntled employee let us fly away with an unarmed cruiser. I can't believe it. He made fun of me and said I'd never be able to manage to build one on my own, even though it had always been my wildest dreams. But now I Finally a way to get revenge on the Xenos in multiple junkers occupied systems, I hope! I got caught scanning ships that were being constructed and was going to get turned in to the authorities if I didn't drop all my cardamine and a whole bunch of sirius credits on a corrupt shipyardsmans lap. I told him I would turn him in for cardamine use so he offered me the cruiser I had been eyeing in exchange for keeping quiet. He said I could not take any guns, for fear I would turn them on him. (The Base in question is possibly an enemy of mine, however their official stance towards me is unknown). In exchange I traded him my CSV II full of cardamine, which was what he told me I'd have to do if I ever wanted a better ship. Ex-navy Pilot now Freelancer Anthony_Gray helped Floating_Deathtrap escape from Rheinland territory with the unarmed cruiser. It was towed out of there behind Phil's transport Infektu.

** Ships log, Floating deathtrap
A blood dragon cruiser owner of Kusari bought cruiser defense turrets for the Floating deathtrap under the assumption I'd use them to fight hogosha. Fat chance, this ship isn't travelling to hogosha space. Commander Phil of the Junkers Transport Infektu offered twice their worth in order to get them to outfit this vessel. Luckily his offer was accepted, even though he was an outsider. Sadly these turrets didn't last long on the Floating Deathtrap, due to their incompatibility with Rheinland Technology. FD is in the market for some more generic weapons, or possibly some pirate weapons from closer to the rheinland.
** End ships log, entry

Floating DeathTrap - NerdRage - 07-27-2008

' Wrote:collecting scrap metal near a wrecked ship in omicron alpha

wait..

did that ship happen to be called 'The Hispania'???
if so STAY AWAY FROM OUR ANCESTORS SHIP!!!

its a very nice story, very entertaining
and 'selling parts of my ship that fell of to buy oxygen' was funny,

keep up the good work, id like to hear of what happens to the Arthur next

Personal log, supplemental:

I received an Inquiry about my mining in Alpha; Indeed it was the Hispania I collectes some scrap from nearby it. But I did ask permission from some outcasts I met nearby (sorry, name eludes me) and they said it'd be okay If I didn't disturb the wreck. I will leave it alone from now on though as it seems to hold a special place in some men's hearts.

Floating Deathtrap, ships log entry by Arthur, ID #4

Well, its been awhile since I made an official report as to the status of the ship I command. The Infektu being commanded by Phil was disabled by xenos in New York, but unfortunately I can't make it there with the Floating Deathtrap to take care of them. She might get stopped by police, or worse her affiliation with Infektu could be discovered by the xenos. So for now, FD has equipped some outcast destroyer turrets purchased from the Lane Hackers for oh-too-many sirius credits. The Floating Deathtrap cargo hold is hungry for more Xeno and Bounty Hunter pods, though the last time she beamed Xenos into her hold, I caught them trying to drill a hole in the side of the ship to implode us all.

* End log entry

** Ships log entry , Floating Deathtrap,
Commander Arthur reporting:

I got stopped by the LNS-San Fransisco entering liberty space to hunt xenos again. I made my intentions clear but they still wanted me to turn back. I told him I would leave his sight, he didn't notice that I entered New York and made it to the debris field, but what they don't know can't hurt them

** End log entry.