Discovery Gaming Community
Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century (/showthread.php?tid=107569)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Jihadjoe - 11-20-2013

(11-20-2013, 04:58 PM)Black Widow Wrote: Then that means I have been TROLLED and DUPED, forgive me now while I go sit facing the wall of shame sucking my thumb with a DUNCE HAT on! <| : (

Wait! Don't feel so bad!

You have contributed to a far better and more poignant joke than the original article ever was. I'm constantly amazed by the well meaning innocence and ignorance of people. I think it is one of the best things about humanity.

We have created a cynical universe, where companies are fined billions of dollars over intellectual property law, where we create ever more inventive methods of slaughtering one another, where on a daily basis we strive to gain more at the expense of other people, we have invented totally arbitrary laws and then proceed to argue over them... We create art movements with ludicrous names and manifestos which lay down principles and rules for what we should define as beautiful or meaningful...

"Cleverness" in all its pointless waffling, rules over this world we have created. Our overbloated, tangled mass of social norms and codes of behaviour, much of which - when viewed with an objective eye - appears to be completely absurd, has been created by our own collective brilliance...

And yet through that morass and torrent of overthinking, we have simple clear innocence. Despite the eternal, self-perpetuating cynicism, we still believe what we are told.

Isn't that just the most profoundly beautiful joke humanity ever played on itself? Under all of our own cleverness is something child-like. How wonderful.

This article and the fact it is still being carried around the internet as an actual thing that happened, is a perfect expression of the punchline.

We're so clever that we can't even tell when we're joking any more. This is a time for celebration... We've become so cynical and guarded that we're totally innocent.

RE: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Savas - 11-20-2013

Whoa.

RE: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Rodent - 11-20-2013

Is that paraphrased from somewhere, Joe? I feel like I've read it.

RE: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Jihadjoe - 11-20-2013

(11-20-2013, 07:45 PM)Rodent Wrote: Is that paraphrased from somewhere, Joe? I feel like I've read it.

Everything's borrowed from somewhere... But in general terms, no.

RE: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Veygaar - 11-20-2013

Damnit Joe! Ignorance is bliss, dontcha know?

RE: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Mickk - 11-21-2013

(11-20-2013, 06:08 PM)Jihadjoe Wrote:
(11-20-2013, 04:58 PM)Black Widow Wrote: Then that means I have been TROLLED and DUPED, forgive me now while I go sit facing the wall of shame sucking my thumb with a DUNCE HAT on! <| : (

Wait! Don't feel so bad!

You have contributed to a far better and more poignant joke than the original article ever was. I'm constantly amazed by the well meaning innocence and ignorance of people. I think it is one of the best things about humanity.

We have created a cynical universe, where companies are fined billions of dollars over intellectual property law, where we create ever more inventive methods of slaughtering one another, where on a daily basis we strive to gain more at the expense of other people, we have invented totally arbitrary laws and then proceed to argue over them... We create art movements with ludicrous names and manifestos which lay down principles and rules for what we should define as beautiful or meaningful...

"Cleverness" in all its pointless waffling, rules over this world we have created. Our overbloated, tangled mass of social norms and codes of behaviour, much of which - when viewed with an objective eye - appears to be completely absurd, has been created by our own collective brilliance...

And yet through that morass and torrent of overthinking, we have simple clear innocence. Despite the eternal, self-perpetuating cynicism, we still believe what we are told.

Isn't that just the most profoundly beautiful joke humanity ever played on itself? Under all of our own cleverness is something child-like. How wonderful.

This article and the fact it is still being carried around the internet as an actual thing that happened, is a perfect expression of the punchline.

We're so clever that we can't even tell when we're joking any more. This is a time for celebration... We've become so cynical and guarded that we're totally innocent.

This makes this thread officially awesome in my mind.

Good work Joe!

RE: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Agmen of Eladesor - 11-21-2013

Damn, Joe.

I know I'm officially intoxicated tonight, so keep that in mind.

Good read.

Yeah, that's probably the only time I'll ever agree with you, since we used to have some epic arguments. But ... yeah, good read.

Kudos to you.

Now I'm going to pass out, I think .........

RE: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Jihadjoe - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 04:56 AM)Agmen of Eladesor Wrote: Kudos to you.

Oh god... The end of days... Agmen agreed with me.

RE: Samsung pwns Apple: Troll of the Century - Agmen of Eladesor - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 12:53 PM)Jihadjoe Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 04:56 AM)Agmen of Eladesor Wrote: Kudos to you.

Oh god... The end of days... Agmen agreed with me.

Granted, I was a little drunk - but in this (and in the other thread, about the tech nerfs) I'll admit ... damn it ... you're right.

So now I've agreed with you twice. And admitted it. How screwed up is that? Angry