Discovery Gaming Community
I have been wondering - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: I have been wondering (/showthread.php?tid=107878)

Pages: 1 2

I have been wondering - Eonaros - 11-26-2013

Hi

Posting this thread to talk about Discovery and Freelancer in general .

I believe Discovery needs new things.I am still thinking what could it be, but in the meantime..

In the new rise of Battlefield 4, GTA 5 , Bioshock infinite, ( not to mention CoD franchise ) , I think Freelancer has to introduce something new.

I know that developers are doing and have done alot of changes in 4.87, Freelancer game in general is losing players and I didn't see a lot of satisfaction of other gamers on Discovery besides getting Liberty Carrier, Bastet Mk II, and many other changes in infocards, the stories and many other things.

But generally, was there anything new ?

I hardly notice any players RPing ingame besides forum Roleplay.Maybe the rules need a change

What do you think ? Do you have an revolutionary idea that could turn the tides ?

RE: I have been wondering - sindroms - 11-26-2013

If so, you aren't looking closely enough.

RE: I have been wondering - LunaticOnTheGrass - 11-26-2013

Quote:Battlefield 4, GTA 5 , Bioshock infinite, ( not to mention CoD franchise )

All of those (popular) games you mentioned have something in common;

They are not Roleplaying games that involve the textual input of the player.

Comparing a decade-old game to them is simply illogical.

RE: I have been wondering - Eonaros - 11-26-2013

But almost nobody and rarely uses that textual input.

Instead they occasionally say: Engaging, Fire, Hello, instead of "Name: Hello" as usual. ( or other )

Comparing Freelancer with Battlefield and all these new games is logical.If you think of it, all these new games are being mentioned much more and Freelancer has nothing to keep up. ( does it need to ?)

I say more advertising.

Freelancer will eventually lose players.

Just sayin'.

I say, Freelancer is a game from 2003, which was not all that great to begin with. So yes, I think it is safe to say that Battlefield 4 is mentioned more than Freelancer is.

RE: I have been wondering - Eonaros - 11-26-2013

True, but ....

You are quite familiar with low ingame RP.

What would you do to fix it ? Was there anything new introduced in the mod ? ( something we're unfamiliar with )

I mean Vanilla servers ( whatever it is spelled ) are played even less.

Just saying that Freelancer won't last forever.Something has to be done about it.

RE: I have been wondering - DragonRider - 11-26-2013

I have the feeling you are not looking for RP at the right place.

Agreed. I am rolling around Liberty these days, I've seen people RP quite well. Even the nublets with sub-par knowledge on English. Stop trying to find problems in places that have none.

Vanilla servers became less populated since late 2010. Discovery took over in terms of activity both for players and new content.

And Freelancer, including Discovery Freelancer isn't supposed to last forever. It is quite obvious. When the time comes, we will move on, simple as that.

RE: I have been wondering - TheSauron - 11-26-2013

About that "moving on..."

http://www.moddb.com/mods/freelancer-unity

Some will move on to there, but most will probably see that it will not be as familiar and either go back to original SC, or just move on to other games.

However, that might be so far in the future, that we might not have enough time to game as often anyway, having so much sex and rising kids and such, or planning our retirements, depending on your current age.