Discovery Gaming Community
Idle characters/accounts - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Idle characters/accounts (/showthread.php?tid=107882)

Idle characters/accounts - Boldimore - 11-26-2013

So the scenario is:
I make a character named "Filip", I enter the world with him and play for about ~15 minutes. Afterwards I am not entering the account where Filip is located for quite some time. But constantly doing money transactions to/from Filip.

My question is:
1. Will Filip be deleted for being inactive for too long? If yes, how long is he allowed to stay inactive?
2. Do money transactions refresh the inactive timer?
Example: Character deletion for inactivity engages after 30 days of inactivity. Filip isn't accessed for 15 days and then a money transaction happens to/from Filip.
Does the inactivity timer gets reset after that, so that Filip can stay on the server for another 30 days without being deleted?

Thank you for any reply!

RE: Idle characters/accounts - aerelm - 11-26-2013

1. Yes. Characters with less than 10 minutes logged on them get deleted for inactivity after 7 days, and characters with more than 10 minutes flight time, and an undock or relog logged get deleted after 6 months. So all you need to do after having 10 minutes on the character and an undock/relog, is to log it once every 6 months to make sure it won't get wiped.

2. No, I'm afraid the inactivity timer will only be reset when and if you actually log that individual character* and do something that the server considers an "action". That can be anything from buying/selling an item (Like a nanobot), to undocking and docking back.

* Note that logging just 1 character from each account is not enough to keep the whole account safe, as it only resets the timer on that one character and does not effect the other characters of the same account, so you have to log each character separately.

RE: Idle characters/accounts - Boldimore - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 03:50 PM)aerelm Wrote:
1. Yes. Characters with less than 10 minutes logged on them get deleted for inactivity after 7 days, and characters with more than 10 minutes flight time, and an undock or relog logged get deleted after 6 months. So all you need to do after having 10 minutes on the character and an undock/relog, is to log it once every 6 months to make sure it won't get wiped.

2. No, I'm afraid the inactivity timer will only be reset when and if you actually log that individual character* and do something that the server considers an "action". That can be anything from buying/selling an item (Like a nanobot), to undocking and docking back.

* Note that logging just 1 character from each account is not enough to keep the whole account safe, as it only resets the timer on that one character and does not effect the other characters of the same account, so you have to log each character separately.

Thank you, that's all I wanted to know Smile

RE: Idle characters/accounts - Pavel - 12-06-2013

Closing and moving to proper subforum