Discovery Gaming Community
[Archive only] Bases regulation database - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Kusari (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Forum: Kusari Government Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=172)
+----- Thread: [Archive only] Bases regulation database (/showthread.php?tid=107886)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Bases regulation database - AG47 - 05-19-2021

*** Transcribed Audio from Interspace Commerce transport Santa.Cruz ***
*** Time: Now Location: Galileo System, Reppu Bend ***

“Hey Captain, does this work?”

“What? The transcriber? Yeah, it works, is the green light on?”

“Ahh, yeah, the green light is on.”

“Well, you’re live. State your credentials and where you want the message to go and when you’re done, press ‘End’, the green light will go off.”

“Ok, thanks a lot.”

---

“This is John Silver, Interspace Director of Risk Cargo Operations for Kusari and Gallia, based out of Roppongi in New Tokyo, callsign AG47. Please direct this message to the Office of Admiralty at Planet New Tokyo, thank you.

Your Excellency,

Please excuse this urgent communication and the nature of its delivery. It’s John Silver from Roppongi speaking. I had the great pleasure to meet you briefly at one of our annual ambassadorial evenings last year on the station where we enjoyed a sake while watching a particularly fierce lightning storm in the upper atmosphere of New Tokyo, perhaps you remember?

Well, I’ve just been recalled from vacation on Curacao and ordered to clean up the mess out there in Tokyo E5. I’m willing to bet that you have more information on this than I do at the moment and I’d like to apologise in advance for this bureaucratic mix up. Right now, I’m on one of our boats heading north through the bends in Galileo to personally take charge of the situation, so I will be able to brief you very soon with a more accurate report.

As you know, we’ve been working on that perennial issue of cargo safety – specifically energy cargo safety – in the immediate orbit near the Tokyo docking gate and looking for smart solutions to mitigate the regrettable regularity of H-Fuel shipments exploding with the ensuring loss of life, cargo, pollution and subsequent insurance liability.

There’s no doubt that the vast majority of incidents are caused by pilot error and maintaining too much speed leaving the trade lanes, however we are determined to play our part in contributing to a reduction in the number of these type of serious and usually fatal incidents.

I’ve been pushing the Newark crowd to act on your recommendations to move all energy cargo out of Roppongi to a separate installation, and to be honest I thought the project had stalled as I kept hearing that there was pressure to set up a similar facility in the Gallic system of Ile-de-France to offset some of the lease overhead of Versailles Station, the new Interspace operations base in Gallia.

Anyway, from what I can tell at the moment, there’s been a contract team out in E5 building a new commodities facility without any authority whatsoever, as I haven’t signed off on it yet, and we certainly haven’t received any permission to construct the station from yourselves at the Office of Admiralty either.

It’s clear that subcontracting out the initial basic station build contract has been the primary factor for this oversight and I think the contractors must be real ‘time is money’ cowboys as I’ve already been contacted by a Gas Miner’s Guild ambassador about dangerous navigation in Sigma-13 and narrowly avoiding a collision outside Helgoland when, I assume, they were hauling construction materials from Frankfurt.

If they have the intended construction location co-ordinates correct, the new facility - which we’ve opted to call Kobayashi Station in honour of the late governor of Narita - should be near the geographic centre of quadrant E5, 35km from New Tokyo, 35km from Narita and 25km from the Medium Blue Green solar. The location is based on advice from our physicists that siting the facility away from planetary orbits, established stations and transit lanes would, in the highly unlikely event of a major combustion catastrophe, allow us to safely tow the station into the star to eliminate any additional risk to people or property.

As I have remarked to you previously, all of us at Interspace on Roppongi are particularly grateful for the dedication and contribution of the Kusari Police with their ongoing commitment to peace and security, so we’ve certainly no intention to apply for weapon platform licences at Kobayashi, and furthermore, we think that might be asking for trouble given the large amounts of energy fuels we hope to be storing and trading at the facility.

I had a young lawyer from Newark screaming in my ear about “no charge for the station”, “near an existing approved installation” and “the construction area is associated with the Narita free development zone”. It was difficult to understand what was being said as the signal kept dropping out as we passed through the radiation fields here in Galileo, however they kept repeating “7.7.1 is void because 8 and 8.7 do not exist anymore” which I assume is a reference to the Kusari Code of Laws.

This over-reliance on legal positioning is, as you very well know, not the way we conduct ourselves at Roppongi. Rather we view ourselves as partners with the Kusari people and are more than happy to meet any and all obligations with respect to the station, now and into the future. Accordingly, we would be very grateful if you could please peruse the factual aspects of this communication as they are known at this stage to allow us to commence the permitting process for this facility please.

Name: Kobayashi Station

Purpose: (primary) To reduce transportation and storage risk of potentially hazardous energy fuels in the vicinity of the New Tokyo/Roppongi docking and transit area, and (secondary) to act as an energy commodities exchange through warehousing, distribution, and certification of standard energy commodities.

Affiliation: Interspace Commerce (independent/non-faction)

IFF: Interspace Commerce

Approved transportation vessels for service of facility: Santa.Cruz and William.Orbit - both unarmed Interspace Commerce IFF registered civilian ‘Stork’ long haul vessels.

Name, Callsign and Title of Applicant: Mr John Silver, callsign AG47, Interspace Commerce Director of Risk Cargo Operations for Kusari and Gallia, based at Roppongi Station, New Tokyo system.

Just to reiterate, I haven’t had the opportunity to visit the construction site yet, however this Captain is making light work of the journey so I should be there shortly and then be in a position to verify the information communicated here and answer any questions you may have within twenty-four hours. Hopefully everything is in order at the site and we’ve a robust platform to build upon.

Perhaps we’ll have the pleasure of your company again this year at one of our Roppongi corporate events where I can appraise you of the finer aspects of the operations of the new station? I would also be happy to be your host and arrange a tour of the facility at any time if that is of any interest to you or your Admiralty colleagues. It would certainly be my great honour.

Your Excellency, I look forward to conversing with you soon, this is John Silver signing off, my sincere thanks for all your help, it really is greatly appreciated.”

---

“Thank you Captain, so all I have to do now is press ‘End’ and the green light goes out you said?”

“Yep, that’s all you have to do. Sounds like a bit of a debacle you have on your hands up in NT.”

“The Kusari are wonderful people, we’ll get through it somehow. All of this could have been avoided if we’d kept the work in-house, I never like subcontracting important tasks… hey, wait, the green light is still on… which switch is it?”

“The one at the side, I dunno why it is on the side.”

“Ahh, ok… here it is.”

*** End of Audio Transcription ***

RE: Bases regulation database - Kusari Uchugun - 05-21-2021

[Image: xkNs6Fw.png]

Shimamori Masahito,

A hiccup in the system caused your installation to disappear from the database. This mistake was corrected.

John Silver,

Your lawyer stumbled upon a mistake already undergoing a correction.
Establishing a construction site before reaching out to the Kaigun is a grave mistake and will be remembered.
We hope not to hear about any more issues in relation to your installation.
Upon payment of the fee - as described in the Legal Codex of Kusari - of 120.000.000 Sirian Credits, the construction of your base may continue. The bank account the Credits shall be sent to is: [KNF]IKN-Abashiri. Please include visual proof of the transaction.
Keep in mind that it is mandatory to grant Kusari's lawful authorities docking permissions.

For the Kusari Empire,
Office of Admiralty

[Image: JCMMxNU.png]

RE: Bases regulation database - AG47 - 05-21-2021

Your Excellency,

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation and thanks for your generous assessment with respect to the permitting of Kobayashi Station in New Tokyo system.

It goes without saying that I, and every member of the Interspace Commerce team on Roppongi Station, take our responsibilities to the Kusari Kaigun and the Kusari people very seriously indeed and greatly regret the circumstances which gave rise to the commencement of construction prior to receiving authorisation for the station from the Kusari government.

Accordingly, and in the spirit of attonement and co-operation, the Board have requested that I forward the amount of 150,000,000 Sirian Credits to the Admiralty to ensure that not only is the base licence authorisation approval cost met promptly, but that an ex gratia amount be provided to ensure that any additional unforseen costs as a result of our oversight are also covered.

For ease of identification, we have opted to send this payment from one of our registered station supply vessels - Santa.Cruz - and append visual proof of the transaction as requested:

https://ibb.co/RNHQN4B
https://ibb.co/68LskVH

It is hoped that the relocation of all energy fuel commodities from Roppongi to Kobayashi contributes positively to achieving our aim of a reduction in the number of upper atmosphere cargo combustion incidents in the New Tokyo docking and transit area.

Once again - and irrespective of the circumstances which gave rise to it - I would like to express our profound regret and contrition that the project was commenced prior to governmental approval and reiterate our sincere thanks to you personally and to all members of the Admiralty for the prompt construction authorisation of the Kobayashi energy commodities exchange facility.

Please let me know if there is any additional information that you may require and furthermore, please do not hesitate to reach out if there is any service or assistance that we may be able to provide now or in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Mr John Silver

Director of Risk Cargo Operations for Kusari and Gallia Space
Interspace Commerce
Roppongi Station
New Toyko System

RE: Bases regulation database - Kusari Uchugun - 05-21-2021

Director John Silver,

We hereby confirm the receival of the payment, as well as the addition of your installation to the database.
We look forward to the plans of Interspace Commence bearing fruits and encourage you not to hesitate to contact the Keiretsu if you require aid with the construction or future expansions of the Kobayashi project.
We are most certain Samura and Kishiro would be glad to assist Interspace with this endeavor.
Should the Kobayashi project run into trouble with local criminal elements, please inform the Kusari authorities immediately.

Good luck to you and the project,
Office of Admiralty

RE: Bases regulation database - AG47 - 08-13-2021

Attention: Office of Admiralty

Your Excellency,

I would like to extend my appreciation and thanks for all your help and support of the Kobayashi Station installation in New Tokyo.

Given the success of the installation, and to further the flow of energy commodities into Kusari, my fellow directors and I at Interspace Commerce in Roppongi are seeking permission to build a supply station in Kyushu system, outside Planet Kyushu, no closer than 5km from the trade lanes as per the installation construction guidelines.

If permission is granted, it is anticipated that station construction will begin immediately with the final form being identical to Kobayashi, a fully upgraded Core Two 'Little Tsushima' design with an emphasis on storage capacity. As at Kobayashi, we have no intention or desire to build weapons platforms, instead relying on the proven and robust rule of law in Kusari for the station's security.

We are more than happy to forward the appropriate permitting fee quickly upon approval and await your decision in due course.

Thank you very much indeed for your consideration of this request. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any additional information or clarification.

Yours faithfully,

Mr John Silver

Interspace Commerce
Roppongi Station
New Toyko System

RE: Bases regulation database - Kusari Uchugun - 08-20-2021

Director John Silver,

We thank you for the patience on the matter at hand.
Following the smooth operations at Kobayashi Station and the lack of complaints, the Admiralty settled on the following:
Upon forwarding the name of the installation and the license fee of 120.000.000 Sirius Credits to Anzen-1 with attached proof of payment, your installation will be approved and added to the database.

Good luck to you and the new project,
Office of Admiralty

RE: Bases regulation database - AG47 - 08-21-2021

Attention: Office of Admiralty

Your Excellency,

Many thanks indeed for your detailed and helpful reply, it is most gratefully appreciated.

It is very encouraging to hear that Kobayashi Station in New Tokyo is meeting your operational expectations and we hope to achieve the same positive outcome at Nomura Station in Kyushu. My fellow directors and I are delighted that you and your colleagues at the Office of Admiralty have approved the permitting of the station and hereby enclose confirmation of the appropriate fee:

https://ibb.co/k29SPFP

https://ibb.co/Vt3fShT

For transparency and ease of record, we submit the following information for the registration database:

Base name: Nomura Station

Affiliation: Interspace Commerce

Location: Planet Kyushu, no closer than 5km from adjacent trade lanes, Kyushu System

Base administrator: John Silver, Director, Interspace Commerce - callsign: AG47

Designated supply vehicles: two Interspace flagged 'Stork' trains, William.Orbit and Santa.Cruz (previously registered in relation to Kobayashi Station, New Tokyo)

Notwithstanding any unseen eventualities, construction is anticipated to commence shortly and we hope to be in a position where the base is fully upgraded to a Core Two station in a number of weeks. In the event of any difficulties we will contact the Office of Admiralty immediately and if you or your colleagues have any questions or seek additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us, we are more than happy to help.

Once again, we are most grateful for your positive assessment and look forward to continuing strong relations with the Kusari Government.

Thank you very much indeed.

Yours faithfully,

Mr John Silver

Interspace Commerce
Roppongi Station
New Toyko System

RE: Bases regulation database - Kusari Uchugun - 09-01-2021

Director John Silver,

Credits received.
Your installation has been added to the database after a brief delay.
We thank you for your patience.

Good luck to your project.
Office of Admiralty

RE: Bases regulation database - ApolloTheMan - 01-11-2022

***TRANSMISSION CORRUPTED***

***ALL DOCUMENTS LOST***

***EMPTYING CACHES***

1%.......26%..........65%........100%

RE: Bases regulation database - All Worlds - 01-27-2022

To: Kusari Government
Subject: Base registration in Kusari territory

Good day to everyone in the Office of Admiralty,

I wish to submit our application for a new home base in your territory, utilizing the free development zone area around the vicinity of Deshima Station, Shikoku system.

Our organization is called All Worlds Enterprises and we are a Freelancer entity not bound to any Sirius house. We are dedicated to the rule of law involving whichever government district we are operating within. My own actions have shown I am a friend to the Kusari people and value our continuing relationship.

This new base would be called after our organization, All World Enterprises, and be providing trading opportunities and storage services for those Freelancer and contracted clients (as permitted by Kusari Law) as required. It would only be open to our members and contracted clients.

Docking rights would include all Kusari Law Enforcement agencies. Freelancer and client access would be based on contract.

Upon review and successful approval, we will ensure that our deployment does not violate any caveats of the Section 7 – Base Construction article of Kusari Law.

Also required as part of my application is our need to register vessels involved with our organization, and expected to be involved in supplying this base and possibly others in Kusari territories. They will all be affiliated with Freelancers.

CaptainSimpson (my ship)
AWE- This will be the prefix for support and supplying ships under this endeavor.
Other ship captains will be told to confirm their registration with your office before any work commences.

I look forward to all questions you have regarding our new project and hope this will be the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship.

Sincerely,
Jeff Simpson (Captain, Freelancer Civilian trader)
President of All Worlds Enterprises
A Freelancer Corporation
neural-net ID: All Worlds