Discovery Gaming Community
To: All Zoners|From: SSC|Subject: To Resolve a Conflict - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: All Zoners|From: SSC|Subject: To Resolve a Conflict (/showthread.php?tid=108015)

To: All Zoners|From: SSC|Subject: To Resolve a Conflict - ssc - 11-29-2013

[Image: uhkm.png]
Kallisti my brothers and sisters. It would appear that there is a misunderstanding that lead to the attack on Zoner vessels by GRN. The Punishers, however, are still a problem. But there might be a solution to negate their actions against all Zoners. I would advise to talk to the GRN in Leeds instead. They are the dominate GRN force in that area, spanning to Tau-31. Any Zoner, especially the TAZ, to contact the commanders of the GRN in Leeds to have the ships cleared, possibly making the Punishers unable to attack any vessels that are registered for flight thru Gallia Space. Captain Jackson Riker has made a good impression, the mentioning of our association with Samura Industries gives use some "wiggle" room to actually resolve such situations. It would probably be best to talk with the GRN in that sector, rather than contacting the Gallia Royals Ambassadors instead.
[Image: transmissionend.png]

RE: To: All Zoners|From: SSC|Subject: To Resolve a Conflict - Joggin - 11-29-2013

[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]

*Incoming Transmission*
Comm ID: Mad John Rackham
Location: Ambassador's Office, Shasta Orbital Skyhook, Baffin System
To: Director Leonardo Rhyo
CC: All Zoners

Director,

First of all, the TAZ have no diplomatic ties to the GRN. So we won't be groping around trying to talk to some outpost manager of theirs in Leeds, or anywhere else. Why you feel it's your business to advise us about how to engage with the GRN is beyond us, you clearly have no idea of the sensitivities, so do yourself a favour and butt out until you have a grasp of the issues.

Furthermore......

Firstly, the GRN don't make mistakes when attacking Zoner vessels, they just do it, despite what they might tell you to the contrary.

Secondly, your relationship with Samura and attempts to involve them in this discussion will end in complete failure, you are gaijin and therefore expendable. They will laugh at your pleas for support unless it suits their business plans, so forget any thoughts of loyalty there.

I suggest you read up recent history regarding Zoners and GRN before offering further advice to either TAZ or Zoners in general. I'll help you where I can if you care to contact me on private comms.

Hail Eris!
MJR

RE: To: All Zoners|From: SSC|Subject: To Resolve a Conflict - AlphaWolf215 - 11-29-2013

The bridge of a pilgrim liner can be seen behind the high backed captains chair. It is visibly different, the technology much more advanced than any standard Pilgrim Liner would be. It's is either retrofitted with the new tech, or using an adapted design, the shell just that of the pilgrim. It is not clear which though from the video feed

Good morning Gentlemen,

I am not sure if you know of me or not, but my name is Joseph Wolf. I am a councilman of the Solar Runners. We are, for all intents and purposes, explorers, but my role in the Runners is Diplomacy. My current task is improving relations between ourselves and Gallia. If you so wish however, I will ask to speak to them regarding Zoners as a whole, so that we are not tarnished with the same brush, and are treated on a case by case basis. This would have to come after I had improved our own, so that I already had some standing to work from.

Again, this is if you wish for me to try. If not, I will continue to just work on the runners reputation alone.

Regardless, my offer stands. I have been recorded warmly thus far, I see no reason for this to change.

Councilman Joseph Wolf,
Secretary of Fleets and Diplomatic Affairs,
Solar Runners

RE: To: All Zoners|From: SSC|Subject: To Resolve a Conflict - Aazalot - 11-29-2013

[Image: upiw.png]

To the SSC

I do not believe for a second, that the GRN had a "misunderstanding" when it comes to shooting Zoner vessels. OSI has its own Relationship with GRN and one that we cultivated ourselves. However do not mistake that the Gallic's have no interest in peace, our relationship is a mutual business one at best. We in the past have attempted peaceful communications to no avail, and i have no delusion that when the moment suits them, they will turn on us.

Its reached my ear that the GRN destroyed a Zoner Carrier in leeds yesterday, one that surrendered to them and didn't even fire back. They destroyed it despite it adhering to their demands.

No boy, there is no solution that can negate this for the Zoners. You are a fool to think so, and ask that you spend your time on more worth while endevours.

Voncloud Out.

[Image: transmissionbottom.png]

RE: To: All Zoners|From: SSC|Subject: To Resolve a Conflict - ssc - 11-29-2013

[Image: sscv1.gif]
Transferring Comms to SSC Head of Security
[Image: ltcpt.png]
Although you may oppose the Director's suggestion, it might prove wiser to do so. The Director is currently talking on private channels will the Ambassador, therefore, I am taking part in this communique.

The conflict originated between the Punishers and the Temporary Autonomous Zoners, because of this, the rest of the Zoners have been treated as the TAZ. Punishers are the Elite of GRN, but they're unstable. It is hard to understand how they could even fly. But in order to avoid conflict with the GRN, we will need to abide by their laws. Ships need to be registered in order to avoid having another incident that turns into a war.

They're trading laws are extremely strict, meaning any deviation is a result of aggressive forced used on those that defy those laws. It is not something we all want, but we need to adapt to the Gallia Royal's laws. If the Director and the Ambassador can find a way to reopen relations with the GRN in the Leeds System and the Tau-31 system, it would be the first step to protect us, not the SSC, but all Zoners. As I said before, I don't like the idea cause of what the GRN has done in the past. But to avoid having to always look over our shoulders for a pointed gun, That's something worth giving a try.

RE: To: All Zoners|From: SSC|Subject: To Resolve a Conflict - Doc Holliday - 11-29-2013

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc.Holliday
Location: Administrator's Office, Shasta Orbital Skyhook, Baffin
To: Col. T. Rogers

Colonel Rogers,

I don't think you get what most of us are trying to tell you. The Gallics are conquerors and after many failed attempts at diplomacy, I have no desire to extend the olive branch to them again. Why? After being threatened, insulted and walked out on numerous times, they show no interest in diplomacy. I will not travel to Leeds nor will any of my people to meet with them. Their own Prince Joseph walked out on us.

That said, check your history. This whole thing between Zoners and the Royals goes far past the Punishers. It started when the way to Languedoc was long ago opened, back when a Princess Ariella answered my hails for diplomacy with threats and insults and then all Zoners were betrayed by Princess Aurelia DeFrance.

The Punishers? They opened a can of worms by firing on an unarmed transport. They claim it was deserved and provoked. They are animals, animals that need to be leashed or caged.

Now, stop wasting my time with calls for diplomacy. That time has passed.

Dr. John Holliday
TAZ Administrator

RE: To: All Zoners|From: SSC|Subject: To Resolve a Conflict - ssc - 11-30-2013

[Image: ltcpt.png]
Obviously, you have abandoned all possible faith in trying to resolve a issue. An issue that is probably a small misunderstanding that has been blown out of perorations. The SSC has remained out of conflicts with major powers. Giving us the freedom we need, however, the TAZ captains make a habit of swinging their religious prowess, insulting those they dislike. From the talks between the Gallia Royals and the late Director Vega has shown, is that they are like those captains and from where I'm standing, you. You let your ignorance cloud your judgment, thinking that you don't have to listen to those that are not Zoners. That is your mistake, that is the reason why the Gallia Royals have against Zoners, cause those like you of the TAZ and the Gallia Royals are too alike.

Director Rhyo has similar beliefs, but learning from the mistakes of Sone Vega, that is a chance that the table can be reopened, but not with the TAZ sitting at the table alone. I have worked a long time, working in security, fighting against raiders that won't give up what they stole till their dying breathe. I have sacrificed much to defend our people before I became the SSC Head of Security. But what I will not sacrifice are the people I had defended long ago. We may not have a real starship group to depend on, but on the ground, we are armed to the teeth. And if I have to, I'll beat the enemies with my prosthetic arm if I have to. 35 years I've been fighting for our people, and I'll do it again in a heart beat. If you have lost Faith, then there's not real reason for you try to convince the SSC from trying to save our people from a possible war. Terminating transmission, NOW!

[Image: sscv1.gif]
Transmission has been terminated
Frequency Permanently Closed By: Head of Security, Col. Thatcher Rogers
No further messages will be received by the SSC Communication Centre
Thank you and have a nice day.