Discovery Gaming Community
Houston, we have a problem. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Houston, we have a problem. (/showthread.php?tid=108195)

Pages: 1 2

Houston, we have a problem. - Noraim - 12-02-2013

Well, I'm at the end of my ability to comprehend this so, w/e. Anyone has any solution or reason for my problem, voice it.

Yesterday I kept getting auto-kicked for no apparent reason, to the best of my knowledge. As a last resort I tried re-installing everything, starting with original copy of Freelancer. It worked. Now I'm here, six hours later, with the problem back up again. Just like the first time, straight out of the blue, auto-kicked no matter what char on what account I try logging.

The game has no modifications other than the ones included in the swag-pack (with update) and aerelm's cursor. Yes, my game is up to date. No, I don't have an antivirus program messing with my files.

Modifications mentioned above have been implemented for over a month. The Ban-bot never had problems with me. Yesterday however, it changed its mind. And after I re-installed everything, it had yet another change of heart. And it's driving me nuts.

HALP!

RE: Huston, we have a problem. - dirmaster0 - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 06:44 AM)Noraim Wrote:
Well, I'm at the end of my ability to comprehend this so, w/e. Anyone has any solution or reason for my problem, voice it.

Yesterday I kept getting auto-kicked for no apparent reason, to the best of my knowledge. As a last resort I tried re-installing everything, starting with original copy of Freelancer. It worked. Now I'm here, six hours later, with the problem back up again. Just like the first time, straight out of the blue, auto-kicked no matter what char on what account I try logging.

The game has no modifications other than the ones included in the swag-pack (with update) and aerelm's cursor. Yes, my game is up to date. No, I don't have an antivirus program messing with my files.

Modifications mentioned above have been implemented for over a month. The Ban-bot never had problems with me. Yesterday however, it changed its mind. And after I re-installed everything, it had yet another change of heart. And it's driving me nuts.

HALP!

HOUSTON**
You did not do a clean install if swag pack and cursor are there. Completely remove all of this and try the install of Disco without these.

RE: Huston, we have a problem. - Echo 7-7 - 12-02-2013

What Antivirus are you using, if any?

RE: Huston, we have a problem. - Noraim - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 07:10 AM)dirmaster0 Wrote:

HALP!

HOUSTON**
You did not do a clean install if swag pack and cursor are there. Completely remove all of this and try the install of Disco without these.

I actually did. The swag-pack and custom cursor were put there after re-installing everything to see if they were the cause by chance. They weren't, because as I've said, the game worked right after re-installing (which included the cursor and other modifications) . Now, it doeson't. Again.

RE: Houston, we have a problem. - Noraim - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 07:12 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: What Antivirus are you using, if any?

As I've said in the initial post, I do not have an antivirus.

RE: Houston, we have a problem. - dirmaster0 - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 07:15 AM)Noraim Wrote:

HALP!

HOUSTON**

I actually did. The swag-pack and custom cursor were put there after re-installing everything to see if they were the cause by chance. They weren't, because as I've said, the game worked right after re-installing (which included the cursor and other modifications) . Now, it doeson't. Again.

Try playing the game without swag pack or the cursor installed?

RE: Houston, we have a problem. - mwerte - 12-02-2013

Also, a character name would help the admins who might want to look at the logs.

Can you log into other servers?

(12-02-2013, 07:46 AM)dirmaster0 Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 07:15 AM)Noraim Wrote:

HALP!

HOUSTON**

Try playing the game without swag pack or the cursor installed?

Did. I have the same problem. Auto-kick wrecks me.

(12-02-2013, 07:55 AM)mwerte Wrote: Also, a character name would help the admins who might want to look at the logs.

Can you log into other servers?

I have a few characters, but since you weren't specific I'll assume any of my chars will do. one of them is Cobalt.

Also, tried playing on other servers. Same thing. Get kicked right after logging.

RE: Houston, we have a problem. - evanz - 12-02-2013

wondering if its a internet/network problem,if it does the same with other servers aswell.

does this happen in other online games?

do you have something using bandwidth running in the background that you dont know about?