Discovery Gaming Community
VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: VF) Volksfront (People's Front) (/showthread.php?tid=10884)

Pages: 1 2 3

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - Volksfront - 08-01-2008

- Volksfront Status
- Volksfront Recruitment
- Volksfront Message Dump

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - Bjorn - 10-04-2008

Ok, was searching for this feedback.(it seems I am blind)

For now all ive seen from VF is great roleplay. The point of making me deliver some guns for them seemed awesome too. Maybe try to be online in some greater numbers?

Not much, but compliments seem to be short posts.

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - GhostFace - 10-04-2008

Before I left disco for a while I remember seeing your faction request, and I knew it would get passed because you've made great rp out of it, all I can say is bravo, you guys do great RP which brings happiness to us all.

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - mwerte - 10-04-2008

sorry I missed this before. I R Dense. :(

I was taking Beryllium to The Ring and was intercepted by VF)Donnerschlag. I was trying to RP with him before I got intercepted (while in the TLs still) and even ran into a rock cause I was too busy typing to dodge which allowed him to catch up. He caught up and CDed me. I told him he wasn't hurting the government, just the people by attacking me and he told me to drop my cargo. Fine. I continue trying to talk my way out of it and he strips my shields. I type "Ok Ok" just as he SNs my hull. Bye Bye me.

My gripe is with the "you didn't instantly pay now die" mentality of VF)Donnerschlag and a seeming unwillingness to RP out an interaction and instead just use his guns. I really expected more from an official faction with so far superb RP.

And I understand the pirate mentality of "he's going to shoot me/call for backup/run I need to keep him here and silent." because I play a pirate fairly frequently. but still...

and again, sorry about not finding your feedback thread earlier.

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - sovereign - 10-05-2008

' Wrote:sorry I missed this before. I R Dense. :(

I was taking Beryllium to The Ring and was intercepted by VF)Donnerschlag. I was trying to RP with him before I got intercepted (while in the TLs still) and even ran into a rock cause I was too busy typing to dodge which allowed him to catch up. He caught up and CDed me. I told him he wasn't hurting the government, just the people by attacking me and he told me to drop my cargo. Fine. I continue trying to talk my way out of it and he strips my shields. I type "Ok Ok" just as he SNs my hull. Bye Bye me.

My gripe is with the "you didn't instantly pay now die" mentality of VF)Donnerschlag and a seeming unwillingness to RP out an interaction and instead just use his guns. I really expected more from an official faction with so far superb RP.

And I understand the pirate mentality of "he's going to shoot me/call for backup/run I need to keep him here and silent." because I play a pirate fairly frequently. but still...

Mmm. Donnerschlag is the shared bomber, so that unfortunately gives me no clue as to the identity of who to talk to for the other side of the story, if you send me your character's name (or the name of the Donnerschlag's pilot if he dropped it) I'll do what I can to investigate further and make sure we give traders time to drop cargo.

Be aware that the chances of successfully convincing a Volksfront member that his actions hurt the people rather than the corporations is almost nil, but it may be possible to give a good enough sob story to get ignored. No promises though. However, I'll try and make sure we let you do what we ask, since we're revolutionaries rather than bloodthirsty/greedy pirates. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - mwerte - 10-05-2008

Rashnok said he was piloting the bomber

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - Cawdor - 10-06-2008

' Wrote:Ok, was searching for this feedback.(it seems I am blind)

For now all ive seen from VF is great roleplay. The point of making me deliver some guns for them seemed awesome too. Maybe try to be online in some greater numbers?

Not much, but compliments seem to be short posts.

' Wrote:Before I left disco for a while I remember seeing your faction request, and I knew it would get passed because you've made great rp out of it, all I can say is bravo, you guys do great RP which brings happiness to us all.

Thanks for the complements, but I think that VF shows more than any other faction, how the community is taking a deep breath until the new mod version is released. I'd love to make some shiny promises about us becoming more active. But I won't lie to you. There just isn't any chance under the current circumstances:
  • The Majority of our members are in multiple factions they have to take care of. We have three faction leading members.
  • Rheinland is becoming more and more of a ghost town. RM is quite inactive and as a result, the Hessians and the Volksfront are too.
  • The low degree of activity eventually resulted into a shortage of recruits. Since the foundation of [BU] back then, we never grew.
  • Our current activity is limited to the s-13 hole and its lanes on the other side, where we have to stop the only two runs which cross rheinland.
  • Encounters are mostly ooRP and its in most cases only a matter of time until the BHG caps of the taxed traders come into play, to force us out of our only zone of activity: the blasted s13 hole.
To be honest, the only reason you guys are sending us flowers here is that you didn't had many chances to actually encounter us. Because with our high demands, we spoil the traders fun on a regular basis, and when we get the opportunity to become more active again after the new mod release, chances are rather high that you will see us walking though the flames. I'm sorry. =/

' Wrote:sorry I missed this before. I R Dense. :(

' Wrote:Well, I was flying the Donnerschlag at the time of both of these incidents. For the RepEx incident, I'm sorry if I was a little quick on the trigger. It's just that in my experience with the Thor... you can't RP much in it. I've had... many bad experiences with traders just suddenly opening fire and blowing me to pieces with no warning, not the mention the traders that call in big friends or the traders who simply F1 and the like. Also, I was kinda on the warpath at the time. I was intending on going on a hunt for those harvesters, but you just happened to pop in at the wrong time.

I do find it ironically amusing, however, that now I'm being told that I don't RP enough. Back in the days of the BU (the Bundschuh that came before the VF), we got flamed for RPing too much. Eg: Propagandizing in system chat and pretty much "jamming" standard comms (the jamming was just a side effect though. I had... lots of rhetoric.)

[...]

Edit: Reread the original post. A few more points to add. It was a Thor, not a Loki. If it were a Loki, the worst I could've done was been annoying and try to kill you with rhetoric. I'm also still something of an amateur with the bomber and the supernova. It's too strong sometimes, and too weak at others. When I'm fighting a gunboat, I can barely hurt him, when I'm pirating a transport... I accidentally kill them. (Did that once before. Too bad I can't use that excuse this time.)

Edit 2: Also, going to try some different tactics when it comes to interfering with the Rheinland government. Sounds like it's about time to get some more traders doing some business for us...

' Wrote:er ... right, so.

[...]

As rash stated, we have been dulled by ooRP caps and power traders of the diamond run very much. You can ask any VF member about their past experiences. Everyone of us got killed sometime by sayed BHG caps and power traders, without being warned - while typing our revolutionary RP (literally hur hur). Therefor, we only do large RP sessions when we are around in groups, where we can actually protect the one who is doing the talking and keep the potential hostiles in line.
Of course, when I am on my own and can see people on their traders who I know, there is always a bold RP going on - but If I don't know that trader, or the caps that surround me, I rather want to get it over with asap.

[...]

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - Eternal - 01-14-2009

Little bump on this.

Recently myself and alpha have been quite active , surely there is something to share with us that can improve our RP and such.

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - Dragonego - 01-19-2010

I've got some things I'd like to talk about and suggest, can you add me on Skype and possibly invite me to the VF) chat for a while?

Skype name: Dragonego

VF) Volksfront (People's Front) - Chase - 10-06-2010

Definitely a thumbs up to you guys. Great to actually enjoy playing in Rheinland for once AND to see that other people take the time to log on even in "smaller" factions!

Fantastic RP and encounter to Dennis Koberstein, even in the thick of a fight :crazy:. Thanks for your patience with my not knowing of Rheinland politics too.

Claus Lehrer - Probable future recruit. :D