Discovery Gaming Community
movechar / ID / restart question. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: movechar / ID / restart question. (/showthread.php?tid=108862)

Pages: 1 2

movechar / ID / restart question. - Jobe - 12-16-2013

Hi again,

So I've got a char that's a Pirate and hated by pretty much EVERYONE & their dog. I can't fly anywhere without being attacked by some sort of NPC, Jump Gate, Planet, Battleship...

I don't like it Sad *whine*..

It is possible that I can move my ship, weapons, money to a new char? Obviously ditching the Pirate ID and maybe joining one of the ingame fractions.

Or is there an easier way to do this? I'd like to be able to fly around a few more places than I currently am able too... without being attacked that is!

Thank you.

RE: movechar / ID / restart question. - NoMe - 12-16-2013

(12-16-2013, 09:39 AM)Jobe Wrote: Hi again,

So I've got a char that's a Pirate and hated by pretty much EVERYONE & their dog. I can't fly anywhere without being attacked by some sort of NPC, Jump Gate, Planet, Battleship...

It is possible that I can move my ship, weapons, money to a new char? Obviously ditching the Pirate ID and maybe joining one of the ingame fractions.

Or is there an easier way to do this? I'd like to be able to fly around a few more places than I currently am able too... without being attacked that is!

Thank you.

with this char, it's hard to do! sell your bad pirate ID, and buy a freelancer ID in barrier gate station. the reason is all the houses don't like the pirates. try this command /? to see differents options

RE: movechar / ID / restart question. - Jobe - 12-16-2013

(12-16-2013, 09:56 AM)NoMe Wrote:
(12-16-2013, 09:39 AM)Jobe Wrote: Hi again,

Thank you.

with this char, it's hard to do! sell your bad pirate ID, and buy a freelancer ID in barrier gate station. the reason is all the houses don't like the pirates. try this command /? to see differents options

I've sold my Pirate ID last night for a Molly ID, but I think because I was a Pirate previously, I'm still hated by nearly everyone except the Molly's. Where as if I was to create a fresh Char and do a /restart Molly although I have bad REP against alot of houses I'm still neutral by alot more than I was as a Pirate...

If that makes sense...

So I was kinda hoping I could create a new Char as a Molly and transfer my ship/equipment over to that Char. Is that possible?

RE: movechar / ID / restart question. - SummerMcLovin - 12-16-2013

You cannot "restart" the character while keeping the ship, equipment etc. - those commands put you back to (another) square one.

It depends what reps you want to improve though, given Mollys don't have a massive range of (possible) friends. What tends to work for most reps is shooting a lot of Outcasts, then Corsairs (or in the other order). This would slowly increase your rep with Kusari and Gallia with the Outcasts, then most of your unlawful allies/friendlies/neutrals with the Corsairs. Any other unlawful rep can be fixed by shooting BHG.

Thanks for your reply McLovin (nice name!)

I see a lot of Bounty Hunters around Dublin. I'll start taking them out!

Same for Corsairs. I seem to be friendly with Outcasts, somehow! Which probably isnt helping the situation either!

At the moment I'm Friendly/Neutral with - Zoners/Freelancers/Outcasts & Molly's... As you can see, I'm not very liked! Tongue Damn Pirate ID, what a stupid idea that was!

Well the reason I suggesting shooting the Outcasts first is that shooting Corsairs will fix your now-damaged Outcast rep. IMG-style reps are the opposite, since Corsairs somewhat affect Kusari reps which you'll want to fix last.

I'm not sure if you're aware but there are rephacks that serve as limits to how friendly you can be with certain factions. You can find them here.

I'm not sure I under stand what rephacks mean. Anywhere I can read up on that?
So on that page, if I click on Molly's. That shows me who I can be friendly/neutral with...

So for example, no matter how many Outcasts, Corsairs, BH's I destroy I'll never be friendly with BAF, for example?

Given you have so many hostile reps, let's take the Blood Dragons, BAF and Gaians as examples. If you were to undock and shoot 100 Corsairs, your rep with BD and BAF would be pretty good since they (and the game mechanics) consider the Corsairs as very hostile enemies, but reduce your Gaian rep as they get on with the Corsairs.
As soon as you relog or undock your ship again, your BD would remain as it was because there is no rephack but the -0.9 rephack with the BAF would make them extremely hostile to your Molly again. Even though there is a -0.55 rephack with the Gaians, this is a maximum rep so you will stay below it. Shooting Outcasts would increase your Gaian rep, but it will stay no higher than -0.55.

Ah right, I understand what you mean. So even though my rep with BAF would be increased for that moment, as soon as I undock/relog it will reset back to what the official rep should be for that house..

So as a Molly, I'll never be neutral (and keep that status) with everyone (on that transponders page) who are in red. But I could possibly build a neutral relationship with anyone in White/Light blue?

RE: movechar / ID / restart question. - Deeceem - 12-16-2013

Another option ,if you feel like your rep is too messed up, is to recreate the ship and to transfer the equipment via a friend in Connecticut (if the equipment is worth it). I found in the past that this is usually the faster and more convenient way of dealing with such rep problems rather than trying to grind it back to a "better" state. It's at least always an option to consider imo.

I guess this may be helpful for you to find out, if you want to grind up some reps and which are actually possible for you to grind up and which are "locked" due to being rephacked.